Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nokia car kit, Blue tooth conversion?  (Read 2020 times)

howardmoon

• Feltham
    • View Profile
Nokia car kit, Blue tooth conversion?
« on: 03 February 2009, 00:48:59 »

Hi all, I have a Nokia CARK 134 hands free kit in my MV6, which has a cradle for my 3510i. I have a new phone 6500 classic which can use Bluetooth. It looks as if I can just replace the cradle with a Bluetooth reciever(?) and keep the original 'black box' under the dash which mutes the stereo and switches the phone over the speakers.
Am I correct in thinking the black box has not Blue tooth function?

I don't want to pay a ICE shop to fit a whole new system if i can just replace the cradle

Thanks, Paul

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
Re: Nokia car kit, Blue tooth conversion?
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2009, 18:06:52 »

if you look on the Nokia website at the spec on your current car kit it should advise you of its functionality :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2009, 18:45:22 »

The bluetooth functionality is in the main Nokia unit. Didn't think the 134 was bluetooth, but could be wrong.  Simple enough job swapping the 134 to a 7W kit if needsbe
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2009, 23:13:31 »

The bluetooth functionality is in the main Nokia unit. Didn't think the 134 was bluetooth, but could be wrong.  Simple enough job swapping the 134 to a 7W kit if needsbe

Spot on :y :y :y

Swapping the unit is easy though... Just find the unit and unplug, reconnect with a 7W box and run the jog wheel out. Shouldn't take you much longer than about 5 mins TBH :y :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

howardmoon

• Feltham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2009, 23:23:53 »

mm, interesting. the 7w doesn't support my phone i've since discovered. i need a ck-100. i can one for 80 odd quid, but it requires professional installation apparently. 130 quid seems a lot for an install. as they say on Top Gear, surely it can't be that difficult. Can it?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2009, 23:26:57 »

mm, interesting. the 7w doesn't support my phone i've since discovered. i need a ck-100. i can one for 80 odd quid, but it requires professional installation apparently. 130 quid seems a lot for an install. as they say on Top Gear, surely it can't be that difficult. Can it?

I've not fitted a 100 but doubt it's much different to the 7W... Most Nokia kits from the last 10 years or so have used the same style "brain" in a black box with the same connectors :-? :-?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2009, 15:29:13 »

I've not fitted a 100 but doubt it's much different to the 7W... Most Nokia kits from the last 10 years or so have used the same style "brain" in a black box with the same connectors :-? :-?
Only thing that has changed between the different control units its the actual plug used for power/mute etc.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2009, 16:24:26 »

You can get a 'third party' device that plugs into the cradle connector on a Cark 91 and turns it into a Bluetooth capable device. Pretty pointless though because you can buy a CK-7W just as cheaply.

stuart30

« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2009, 17:49:16 »

You can get a 'third party' device that plugs into the cradle connector on a Cark 91 and turns it into a Bluetooth capable device. Pretty pointless though because you can buy a CK-7W just as cheaply.

Had a look on Ebay previously and they were £30/£40 so seems cheap enough.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2009, 18:10:31 »

Actually I can't see why a 6500 Classic wouldn't work with a CK-7W in Bluetooth mode (Obviously it doesn't have a pop port so a cradle isn't going to work), I think it's just Nokia trying to push their newer CK-100.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2009, 19:00:15 »

get a ck-7w for that...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2009, 19:01:08 »

Actually I can't see why a 6500 Classic wouldn't work with a CK-7W in Bluetooth mode (Obviously it doesn't have a pop port so a cradle isn't going to work), I think it's just Nokia trying to push their newer CK-100.
some nokias don't work with ck-7w - awful echo.  Think nokia have lost the plot in last 2 or 3 years
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2009, 19:04:59 »

some nokias don't work with ck-7w - awful echo.  Think nokia have lost the plot in last 2 or 3 years

Yep, gotta agree with that!

stuart30

« Reply #13 on: 05 February 2009, 20:41:36 »

get a ck-7w for that...

Sorry i meant the ck-7w was £30/£40.

howardmoon

• Feltham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2009, 17:08:37 »

Yep, gotta agree with that!

I have to agree, I don't know why my 6500 works with a ck-100 but not the 7w........bluetooth is bluetooth surely? Maybe it is just to make people buy new kits and make more money. If i can confirm the 6500 works with a ck-7w i'll go that route. My local ICE shop will supply and fit a ck-100 for 200 quid.....fairly reasonable i guess
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.