Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need input on fitting cd changer in my 2.ltr  (Read 1252 times)

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
Need input on fitting cd changer in my 2.ltr
« on: 14 February 2009, 15:51:45 »

Right of late I have been trying to upgrade to a cd player CDR500 got hold of one but it was faulty, now as I'm complete novice on the wiring set ups ..Can anyone tell me ,advise as to wether this  cd changer will fit in my 2.0 CD saloon miggy  easily  
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vauxhall-omega-radio-cd-changer_W0QQitemZ110349389540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item110349389540&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

As I have no idea where to look even for the wiring loom connections in the boot or where ever it maybe in the saloon, that is providing it will even have the correct connections to connect this type of cd changer... as in my Estate car its situated by the o/s rear wheel & doubt it will fit there in the saloon, :-[ :-[
So where do I look to see if there is connections to fix it to, if its a no go its back to the idea of a single cd player me thinks  :y

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
Re: Need input on fitting cd changer in my 2.ltr
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2009, 16:06:53 »

Changer (and amp for the Bose system pictured there) will be in same place as the estate...but a CD is unlikely to have ever had a boot changer so unlikely to have the loom...you will need to get it as well as Bose amp and speakers to get this working properly...also need to check if you have the loom to drivers footwell from the stereo for easy installation...behind the cover to the right of your accelerator pedal should have an ECU and a grey plastic connector that slots over/round it...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2009, 20:06:24 »

what head unit you got at the min willy ??? :y

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2009, 14:37:37 »

what head unit you got at the min willy ??? :y

Hi Mark its  a Philips CAR400  radio/cass player , so tried buying trying twice now to buy a CDR 500 to just slot in one was faulty other just never arrived ?? :(

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2009, 17:13:26 »

I have a CDR500 here mate up for sale...fully working and currently in my car so tested regularly :) Will slot straight in place for the CAR400 as you say  :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.