Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Beam Warning  (Read 1398 times)

Mikejr

• London
    • View Profile
Low Beam Warning
« on: 08 May 2009, 12:14:48 »

Hi, have owned Omega's for 8 years now, currently on my fourth. They have all been Elite's however I have never before seen the warning message 'Low Beam - Fld/Vision'.

It came up on the display last Friday when I was driving from London to Norfolk. I assume it's to do with the headlight automatic levelling, the headlights still work and no fuses have blown.

The other strange thing, which may or may not be connected, is that a couple of day's later the Brake Light warning also came up. The offside stop light wasn't working so I replaced the bulb but the warning is still there. Have checked the bulb by replacing it in the nearside and it works so the bulb is O.K.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions - relay perhaps?

Thanks, Mike
2000 Silver Omega Elite 2.5

Welung666

Re: Low Beam Warning
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2009, 12:21:56 »

Field of vision warning could either be one of the self leveller sensors come off (behind front and rear nearside wheels) if both headlights are low or one of the adjusters in the headlights (if just 1 light is low). The brakelight check may still show if you use cheap buls (I.E. Hellfrauds) pick a couple of genuine vx bulbs up and change both :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2009, 12:40:30 »

headlamp warning, yes, its the HID levelling system. If its the sensors, often it will point the beam low. If its the servos, normally, one will be stuck a bit high. The 3rd likely cause is no fault with the levelling, but worn wiring between healight ECU and MID
Grumpy old man

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2009, 19:33:46 »

Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Mikejr

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2009, 20:28:10 »

Many thanks for the replies/suggestions. Will have a look Sunday - I'm out all day tomorrow.

Regarding brake light bulbs, although not from Vauxhall (nor Hellfrauds) they are good quality. Bought a box of 12 from local motor factor a few years ago, down to last 4, maybe past there sellby date :(
2000 Silver Omega Elite 2.5

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2009, 19:35:02 »

Many thanks for the replies/suggestions. Will have a look Sunday - I'm out all day tomorrow.

Regarding brake light bulbs, although not from Vauxhall (nor Hellfrauds) they are good quality. Bought a box of 12 from local motor factor a few years ago, down to last 4, maybe past there sellby date :(

Stick to gen Vx bulbs :y
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2009, 02:59:07 »

re brake light sign ,every time i start up i get the sign on when touching my brakes it stays on then about two miles or so later it goes off could that be not genuine vx bulbs? :y

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2009, 08:27:44 »

re brake light sign ,every time i start up i get the sign on when touching my brakes it stays on then about two miles or so later it goes off could that be not genuine vx bulbs? :y

Could be, it is to do with the resistance of the bulb....try some gen Vx bulbs and see how you get on :y
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2009, 23:55:44 »

Could be, it is to do with the resistance of the bulb....try some gen Vx bulbs and see how you get on :y

From a couple of other forums I am on, the general feeling is that the cheapo range of Halfords bulbs are not all that and appear to trigger the bulb failure sensing even if the bulb is good, whereas the premium ranges, Bosch, Ring or other branded bulbs appear to function correctly.

Anyone ever compared resistances of the bulbs? would be an interesting test. I know the LED replacement bulbs can cause similar problems with indicator flash rates if not ballasted correctly

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.