Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HID projector wiring  (Read 901 times)

Essex Pete

• Woodford, Essex
    • View Profile
HID projector wiring
« on: 12 May 2009, 16:24:53 »

I bought a set of HID projector lights to replace the sorry excuse currently fitted to my car.

They didnt come with any wiring.

Am i right in understanding i change my current motors into the lights then just plug in the existing wiring into the plugs on the HID lights.  then just splice in the 2 pin ballast plug into the brown and yellow wires in the main plug

am i missing anything here.  i have a mate telling me i should fit a relay and power the ballasts straight from the battery??

KillerWatt

Re: HID projector wiring
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2009, 23:08:57 »

Existing headlight wiring for dipped beam will go to the ballast, then from ballast to burner (lamp).
Ballast will draw around 12A or so, whether you need a relay or not depends on your existing wiring and headlamp switch capability (wouldn't hurt to use a relay to be honest).

Ballast is polarity sensitive, and don't have your pinkies anywhere near the output stage at startup as around 20KV will be present, which drops to 100V (just a tingle) or so once it gets going.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2009, 23:11:58 by KillerWatt »

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
Re: HID projector wiring
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2009, 07:51:58 »

The HID's draw less power once up and running...bit of a bodge job wiring it in without the plugs but I guess its doable :y It just brown wire spliced to earth and yellow wire spliced to live for the ballast etc
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.