Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: internal wiring diagram for the CCR2006?  (Read 2155 times)

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
internal wiring diagram for the CCR2006?
« on: 21 April 2009, 15:32:29 »

Anybody got one of these?

I'm considering replacing the tape stage of mine with an ipod input section and fitting a blanking plate with connector in the tape bay (I never use my tape player and the ipod to tape adapter I have in there at the moment is awful).

A long shot, but I thought I'd try...

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: internal wiring diagram for the CCR2006?
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2009, 18:33:10 »

Schematics?  Not a chance !

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2009, 18:35:56 »

For some reason, that model was a bit of a close guarded one, and Vx and Philips never released any diagrams. In the 17 years I`ve been working with Philips (directly for a lot of it) I have never yet seen any official service information on that model.

:(
www.dndservices.co.uk

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2009, 16:08:41 »

Thanks Dave, figured as much.

I'm trying to work out a way to get my music out of my CCR2006 with decent quality - the aforementioned tape to ipod adapter is horrible quality and is probably doing damage to the tape mechanism (not that i'm terribly bothered as the tape mechanism isn't that much use to me anyway), and burning CDs knackers the CD laser positioning mechanism in short order, i understand.

You mentioned a professional quality FM adaptor for ipods - is that likely to be the best I can manage, short of a head unit swap?

The music is mainly drum and bass which rarely gets released on 'proper' CDs - they still mainly cut vinyl or provide MP3s.  :-/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2009, 18:13:49 »

With the limited space behind the head unit, the IQ Play units are so difficult to fit, that they are not really a viable option either.

Hence the reason to suggest the modulator that we have, as to fit it, you don`t need to touch the head unit in any way, and it is not one that plugs into the aerial leads either

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/product.php?productid=2806&cat=28&page=1

:y
www.dndservices.co.uk

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2009, 23:33:55 »

With the limited space behind the head unit, the IQ Play units are so difficult to fit, that they are not really a viable option either.

Hence the reason to suggest the modulator that we have, as to fit it, you don`t need to touch the head unit in any way, and it is not one that plugs into the aerial leads either

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/product.php?productid=2806&cat=28&page=1

:y

Nice one Dave, cheers mate. I might well buy one next month, subject to available finances. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2009, 11:18:21 »

Well, if you're happy to get the soldering iron out...  ;)

Have a look here: http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1174515451

My aim was getting line level audio out of the 2006, and this approach worked well for me.

Now, I suspect that chip does the source selection in addition to tone, volume controls, etc. It would probably be possible to rig up an external input into it, and to provide some means of switching to it.

At least a look at the TDA7313 data sheet and a prod around with a 'scope might be a good second best to having a schematic.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2009, 12:09:04 »

Ahh, the old ST part.

From memory it has 3 inputs so I guess its quite possible that one of these is for the aux (phone) feed.

If so then its a case of tap into this and away you go.

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2009, 12:56:03 »

Aha! Thanks Kevin.

I was aware of your howto but I figured it was just for a line out - I may be more tempted to have a crack at that.

Cheers
John.

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2009, 13:12:35 »

Ahh, the old ST part.

From memory it has 3 inputs so I guess its quite possible that one of these is for the aux (phone) feed.

I've read the TDA7313 datasheet and you're right, by god - three stereo inputs - it's just a case of tapping into the right one.(Right inputs, R1,2,&3 are on pins 11,10 and 9, and Left inputs are on pins 15,14,& 13)

I think some exploratory surgery is required on my CCR2006 - this might be easier than I thought...

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2009, 13:59:03 »

Ahh, the old ST part.

I've read the TDA7313 datasheet and you're right, by god - three stereo inputs - it's just a case of tapping into the right one.(Right inputs, R1,2,&3 are on pins 11,10 and 9, and Left inputs are on pins 15,14,& 13)

I think some exploratory surgery is required on my CCR2006 - this might be easier than I thought...

Lol, its been a while since I looked at that little bugger, it has some odd I2C timing on it!

Make sure you capacitively couple the inputs.

And I would try to identify which input is for the phone aux as there is already a signal feed on the back connector that enables this.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2009, 15:30:35 »

Yep, phone aux would be a good solution due to the ready made switching input. Never tried to activate the phone aux so I don't know if the tone and volume settings are maintained during phone mute or perhaps there's a separate volume setting?

Either way, you should be able to feed a signal into the phone aux input and trace it to one of the inputs on the chip.

Failing that, I think the signal is looped out and back into the TDA7313 after the input selector so you could switch it here.. Ahh, yes. Pins 7,6 and 17,16.

This has got me thinking again... My Zen would slot in nicely where the cassette normally goes... ::)

Kevin
« Last Edit: 23 April 2009, 15:31:18 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 April 2009, 20:58:57 »

Yep, phone aux would be a good solution due to the ready made switching input. Never tried to activate the phone aux so I don't know if the tone and volume settings are maintained during phone mute or perhaps there's a separate volume setting?

Either way, you should be able to feed a signal into the phone aux input and trace it to one of the inputs on the chip.

Failing that, I think the signal is looped out and back into the TDA7313 after the input selector so you could switch it here.. Ahh, yes. Pins 7,6 and 17,16.

This has got me thinking again... My Zen would slot in nicely where the cassette normally goes... ::)

Kevin

My thoughts exactly... I started to wonder how difficult it would be to capture the previous / next track inputs from the steering controls and send them to the ipod via a dock connector rather than just using a headphone connector for simple audio - but the ipod uses serial signalling over usb which would require a PIC, and then I got completely carried away...

I'll probably use the audio connector, but thanks for the point about the phone aux - that's switched and therefore probably easier to manage, I think. (My elite has phone wiring pre-installed, though, so i might want to leave that in place).

Typical - a simple project turns into a wildly complicated one cos I get carried away!

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2009, 16:46:02 »

So out of interest how did this little projest get on????
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.