Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are my dead pixels not dead anymore  (Read 912 times)

toller

• Mirfield, West Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Why are my dead pixels not dead anymore
« on: 24 November 2009, 21:17:57 »

Normally i'd say about 50% of the pixels on my MID are dead, keep meaning to get it sorted but never get round to it.

I've had the battery disconnected whilst trying to sort out why my fob will no longer operate the central locking but i've noticed that when i've reconnected the battery there are now only a handfull of dead pixels on the MID. 

Anyone know whats caused it and will it stay like this?  I'd like to think so but somehow i reckon they'll all be dead again before long.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Why are my dead pixels not dead anymore
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2009, 21:23:26 »

The MID in my old 1994 Omega used to be humidity dependent. If I didn't use it for a while in wet weather nearly all the pixels used to work.

In dry weather, or if I used it a lot with the heating full on, the MID dried out and I got lots of dead pixels.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why are my dead pixels not dead anymore
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2009, 07:47:27 »

you can sor itout with some switch cleaner, you need to take it out of the dash, and should see the white strip for he screen spray it all over that side holding it up and down, leave to dry some were warm not hot when dry it should all be working again, have done this to lots of displays and 9-10 times it works. :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.