Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS ECU question  (Read 831 times)

goonv6

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
ABS ECU question
« on: 16 January 2010, 20:30:45 »

I know mine's been playing up and I need a new one but I am looking to sell the car on,so don't want to spend mega bucks. My car is a 1999 T plate CDX 2.5 manual estate .I've been offered a working one from a 1998 CDX 2.5 manual estate for a meagre £15. What's the chance of it being the correct one? ( you can't see the numbers until they are off)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: ABS ECU question
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2010, 20:34:54 »

I know mine's been playing up and I need a new one but I am looking to sell the car on,so don't want to spend mega bucks. My car is a 1999 T plate CDX 2.5 manual estate .I've been offered a working one from a 1998 CDX 2.5 manual estate for a meagre £15. What's the chance of it being the correct one? ( you can't see the numbers until they are off)
Pretty good :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: ABS ECU question
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2010, 21:48:47 »

Pretty good :y

Agreed - as long as off same spec motor (particularly g/box type) around same year should work ok without need for Tech2.  If TC doesn't work when swapped you will need Tech2 session.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.