Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose removal/fitting/wiring  (Read 1109 times)

John Lewis

• Intermediate Member
  • Macclesfield, Cheshire
  • Macc is wack
    • View Profile
Bose removal/fitting/wiring
« on: 06 May 2010, 21:26:25 »

Hi all

I'm gonna be fitting a full Bose system to my Reflection shortly (amongst other things), what do I need to look out for? I will be removing it from a dead Elite first including rear shelf/blind etc.

I know I need to take the rear seats out first, and have taken in the OOF guide for the rear shelf/blind, its just the loom/front part I'm gonna need some help with. I hear the loom goes drivers side under the plastic covers front-to-back, correct? Where is it routed at the front? What will I need to remove? Any extra fuses required?

All door cards are coming over (plus both front doors) so speakers are in hand.

Also on this subject, I'll be having the leather seats too. Are the switches easily removed/fitted? I know how to get the seats swapped.

Re: switches - the Reflection has plastic blanking left and right where the heater/blind/etc switches go.

Finally...steering wheel controls...worth taking?

Cheers in advance!

I_want_an_Omega

Re: Bose removal/fitting/wiring
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2010, 14:19:35 »

If you take off the drivers side kick panel in the Reflection and look behind it you may see a large light grey connector with loopback wires.

If you do then its an easy change. If its not there then VERY difficult and lots of wiring required - I know, I did it last summer & it took me several days!

Even if the wiring is there then you will need to plug in F6 (I think) to make the Bose amp work.

Good luck and fingers crossed the large grey connector is there waiting for you.

Regards ........... Rob

John Lewis

• Intermediate Member
  • Macclesfield, Cheshire
  • Macc is wack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2010, 18:31:25 »

Nice one Robert, I shall take a look. Might be keeping the Elite too as the Reflection is seriously running out of favours at the mo :/

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2010, 15:57:45 »

If you take off the drivers side kick panel in the Reflection and look behind it you may see a large light grey connector with loopback wires.

If you do then its an easy change. If its not there then VERY difficult and lots of wiring required - I know, I did it last summer & it took me several days!

Even if the wiring is there then you will need to plug in F6 (I think) to make the Bose amp work.

Good luck and fingers crossed the large grey connector is there waiting for you.

Regards ........... Rob

I'll be doing something similar to my CDX in the near future and this will be most useful :y to know,so thanks from me too.
Don't wee on the electric fence

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2010, 17:06:49 »

This is a picture of the drivers footwell with the kick panel removed on a Bose equipped car.

"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.