Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central Locking and Alarm  (Read 2228 times)

Deersplatter

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
Central Locking and Alarm
« on: 07 September 2009, 18:54:36 »

Dear omega fans,

Had to replace the starter motor last week, friend of mine fixed it for me. Clearly involved disconnecting the battery and I know he didn't follow the 'disconnecting battery' procedure in the manual before he did.

Now, the central locking won't work, even with the key in the door. The baby also won't double lock nor will the alarm set (no light on console) as a result. The boot release doesn't work on the key or dashboard switch. I've tried resetting the key in the ignition as suggested on other postings but still no luck. As an added confusion, the courtesy light on the roof won't come on with the door open, although the lower ones on the front doors will so the door switch seems ok. There is also no interior illumination light on the light switch cluster when the headlights are on and when you pull the light switch, the courtesy light still won't work. The other switches on the console (fog lights) all work fine. The courtesy lights activated by the back doors work fine. I've checked the fuses for the alarm/central locking and courtesy lights and they're all fine.

To say i'm confused would be an understatement! Any help would be greatfully received.

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Central Locking and Alarm
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2009, 20:20:39 »

Hello and Welcome first.

have you tryed to disconnect the battery the correct way and waiting say 1 hour and reconnecting it?
just a stab in the dark but it might work
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Deersplatter

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2009, 19:27:38 »

I removed the battery and tried it again...still no luck. Rang a few VX dealers and their servicing depts had no idea...one saying they'd never come across this kind of problem. I dont trust main dealers, this must've happened before? [smiley=undecided.gif]

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2009, 20:16:32 »

A shot in the dark but
1. are all the fuses in the box on top of the battery OK?
2. does the LED light up in your key when you press a button? (ie is the key fob battery OK)

It took a post on this forum before I discovered that you have to press the boot release button for an awfully long time before the boot opens ::)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2009, 01:59:28 »

There are two relays in the back of the gluve box take it out u will find them there see if they are working, :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

Pera

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2010, 02:20:26 »

Dear omega fans,

Had to replace the starter motor last week, friend of mine fixed it for me. Clearly involved disconnecting the battery and I know he didn't follow the 'disconnecting battery' procedure in the manual before he did.

Now, the central locking won't work, even with the key in the door. The baby also won't double lock nor will the alarm set (no light on console) as a result. The boot release doesn't work on the key or dashboard switch. I've tried resetting the key in the ignition as suggested on other postings but still no luck. As an added confusion, the courtesy light on the roof won't come on with the door open, although the lower ones on the front doors will so the door switch seems ok. There is also no interior illumination light on the light switch cluster when the headlights are on and when you pull the light switch, the courtesy light still won't work. The other switches on the console (fog lights) all work fine. The courtesy lights activated by the back doors work fine. I've checked the fuses for the alarm/central locking and courtesy lights and they're all fine.

To say i'm confused would be an understatement! Any help would be greatfully received.

I have the same problem..
And dont have a clue what the problem is..

Deersplatter

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2010, 19:14:33 »

As you may have gathered due to the lack of response from me, I never did find an answer to this problem...I left it and have survived happily without the necessary central locking, etc. Got used to it I suppose and found a way to open the boot with a manual wired fix.
Then.....we're talking 9 months almost to the day, I put the key in the door to unlock the driver's door (as I have done for 9 months) and...the central locking unlocks all the doors!? So, does the courtesy light work all of a sudden? Yes! Ok, lets reset the key fob and lo and behold, the whole system is now fully functional including boot release and double locking from the key.
Sorry guys but i'm even more confused then before. No work has been done on the car, apart from checking the oils etc a few days ago, I haven't touched her.
HAPPY to have it working but totally bizarre how this has happened...end of a 9 month hissy fit by the old girl maybe?  :question

Ploppy

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2010, 21:05:31 »

Blimey...

glad its working for you now....

Ploppy :y :y

Pera

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 June 2010, 12:09:18 »

i wonder what the problem is..
Mine omega central locking is still dead..
Didn't find any relays under glovebox either.
Get up a fault code in diognistic "fault in imo"
Some help please.. :-[

Deersplatter

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2010, 00:43:12 »

Cheers guys and sorry to hear there's still no answer out there...i'm hoping I dont go out one day and find it's all not working again.
Somebody at my work mentioned we'd had a thunderstorm that afternoon...I thought so what? Well it wasn't working in the morning when I parked her, the storm was in the afternoon and it worked when I went back to the car after? Didn't cross my mind at all. Coincidence? Still confused but happy...

Pera

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2011, 12:26:15 »

As you may have gathered due to the lack of response from me, I never did find an answer to this problem...I left it and have survived happily without the necessary central locking, etc. Got used to it I suppose and found a way to open the boot with a manual wired fix.
Then.....we're talking 9 months almost to the day, I put the key in the door to unlock the driver's door (as I have done for 9 months) and...the central locking unlocks all the doors!? So, does the courtesy light work all of a sudden? Yes! Ok, lets reset the key fob and lo and behold, the whole system is now fully functional including boot release and double locking from the key.
Sorry guys but i'm even more confused then before. No work has been done on the car, apart from checking the oils etc a few days ago, I haven't touched her.
HAPPY to have it working but totally bizarre how this has happened...end of a 9 month hissy fit by the old girl maybe?  :question

Everything suddenly working fine at mine omega too..
It happen after a mayor heating system leek.
Its possible that the dubble contact under footrest driver side got wet :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.