Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 years ago  (Read 2613 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Re: 30 years ago
« Reply #15 on: 29 February 2008, 22:14:48 »

my dad used to drive about 3 miles to the next garage to save a penny on a gallon in his humber sceptre[/quote]

Was that the old Sceptre or the box shaped hillman minx stylee one?
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 March 2008, 00:12:05 »

30 years ago this month i bought my first car,a dark green vauxhall viva - cost £70.........today i drove my current car,a dark green vauxhall omega to the petrol station (on fumes !) and filled it up with petrol-cost £70  :'(  thing is although i would much rather swap my petrol bill for the 1978 bill,if i had to swap the cars round in order to achieve this would i do it ?nah,no chance. :)

ere we go. gonna ave all the old timers telling stories bowt "the good old days" and "when i was a lad".  ;D ;D ;D
petrol was cheap,i had hair,money, young free single ,and people knew what good music was,those were the days  ;) ;D ;D
putting things into even more perspective,...just spoke to daughter on the phone,she paid £28 for two drinks last night  :o :o

Your jokin aren't ya? 80's best for music i'm afraid ;)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

albitz

« Reply #17 on: 01 March 2008, 00:25:21 »

not much good music made after the mid 70,s imo ,but i suppose its a generation thing. :y

Robin Hood

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 March 2008, 08:41:05 »

not much good music made after the mid 70,s imo ,but i suppose its a generation thing. :y

Thought that’s when music started.  ;)

No more long conceptual prog rock tracks but 3 minute blasts from the Buzzcocks and Dickies (playing Liecester 8/8/08).   :D

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 March 2008, 08:59:45 »

30 years ago this month i bought my first car,a dark green vauxhall viva - cost £70.........today i drove my current car,a dark green vauxhall omega to the petrol station (on fumes !) and filled it up with petrol-cost £70  :'(  thing is although i would much rather swap my petrol bill for the 1978 bill,if i had to swap the cars round in order to achieve this would i do it ?nah,no chance. :)

ere we go. gonna ave all the old timers telling stories bowt "the good old days" and "when i was a lad".  ;D ;D ;D

Get this!  

Went into a chippy the other day, don't usually eat chips, "Healthy me! ;)" Chips n' Curry on a tray £1.80 :-[  Nice though  :y

Had used to go in this chippy when I was 16 in 1981..  Me and my mate, used to go out with a fiver, go to the pool hall,`drink 6 pints of Worthington E @ 52p / pint, pool per game was 10p, played pool all night, at least 15 games, a quick go on the Asteroids machine 10p per play.. then up to the chippy for chips n' curry..

Here it comes:-

And still have change for the drinks machine at work the next day!!!!

It seems like yesterday...  I'm still 16 in the head..  struggle with the "Free running"  a bit now though ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

National Curriculum Assesment

1/ How much did Dave C have left to spend in a sh1tty coffee machine.

2/ What state was he in the following morning.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2008, 10:05:56 by dave_c »
Do it right, do it once................

albitz

« Reply #20 on: 01 March 2008, 10:01:44 »

Thought that’s when music started.  ;)

No more long conceptual prog rock tracks but 3 minute blasts from the Buzzcocks and Dickies (playing Liecester 8/8/08).   :D
beatles /who /stones /cream /hendrix.....what followed was not in the same league  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 March 2008, 10:02:22 by albitz »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 March 2008, 10:31:43 »

30 years ago drove a Viva HB on a tour of Europe. It broke down so many times I seriously thought of setting fire to it.

Useless car only redeeming feature was the handling? and the brakes or so I thought. The front pads wore to the metal despite being new before setting off, probably through catching fire in the Alps. Drove nearly 200 miles using only the gears and handbrake. Tried various Opel garages but they had nothing remotely that would fit even with just one retaining pin- vauxhall was a different marque in those days..

Got to Geneva and found garage Motu with an identical coloured car, without a cylinder head, in the compound. Garage was shut for summer hols for three weeks. We helped ourselves and left a note and ten francs (a fortune in those days but it was Switzerland).

Ah the good old days. Duckhams at a pound a gallon. Nowadays the Omega is a far more reliable car only breaking down once a year.  

varche  
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Bandit127

« Reply #22 on: 01 March 2008, 10:59:24 »

Nowt wrong with vivas, i had a HC Magnum, twas a cool car then ::)
Me too. 1.8 in black. Twas indeed a cool car then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_Magnum

Jim

miggy

« Reply #23 on: 01 March 2008, 11:29:25 »

I had been in the forces 1 year, and had just completed my first of 4 tours to Northern Ireland. :y :y

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 March 2008, 11:33:58 »

In 1980 @ 17yrs young i bought my first car, a green Vx Victor for £70. Had to reverse the polarity to fit a new fangled radio/cassette-£15. Played the same tape over & over ELO Out of the blue & Status Quo 12 Gold bars. 20 Rothmans...45p, 3 pints for a quid & that was a note, left 10p for 3 plays on the jukebox.
    Trouble was i only took home £36 a week & paid £9 rent!!!!!!!! 8-)
1980 was a bad year for me, it was the year i left the UK, for greener pastures (So i thought) i sold my Cortina for a renault 12TL silly me :'(
200 fags from the Naafi cost Just over a fiver, a bottle of Glenfiddich, 3.50.
The Ladies were Interested in me,i think? And i had no great worries :y

miggy

« Reply #25 on: 01 March 2008, 11:35:57 »

In 1980 @ 17yrs young i bought my first car, a green Vx Victor for £70. Had to reverse the polarity to fit a new fangled radio/cassette-£15. Played the same tape over & over ELO Out of the blue & Status Quo 12 Gold bars. 20 Rothmans...45p, 3 pints for a quid & that was a note, left 10p for 3 plays on the jukebox.
    Trouble was i only took home £36 a week & paid £9 rent!!!!!!!! 8-)
1980 was a bad year for me, it was the year i left the UK, for greener pastures (So i thought) i sold my Cortina for a renault 12TL silly me :'(
200 fags from the Naafi cost Just over a fiver, a bottle of Glenfiddich, 3.50.
The Ladies were Interested in me,i think? And i had no great worries :y

Had lots of money did you.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 March 2008, 11:40:43 »

Well Pete, you know what its like. :P :P

Lmao, you went to NI and i to BAOR, ;D ;D

Had a great time  the exchange rate was Fantastic, we all thought we were  Millionaires  ;D ;D

miggy

« Reply #27 on: 01 March 2008, 11:43:11 »

Well Pete, you know what its like. :P :P

Lmao, you went to NI and i to BAOR, ;D ;D

Had a great time  the exchange rate was Fantastic, we all thought we were  Millionaires  ;D ;D

It did not last long though mate, naffy and all that...good days :y :y :y

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 March 2008, 11:49:15 »

Pull up a Sandbag swing the lamp....................

All went well till the Argentines went to the  Falklands >:(

then life changed :-?

miggy

« Reply #29 on: 01 March 2008, 11:50:11 »

Pull up a Sandbag swing the lamp....................

All went well till the Argentines went to the  Falklands >:(

then life changed
:-?

Tell me about it mate, i was there....not so good old days then
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.