Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spanish car insurance  (Read 635 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Spanish car insurance
« on: 07 March 2008, 16:00:42 »

Just got my renewal through for my RHD replated as Spanish Omega.

shopped around different insurance companies for other quotes and out of four THREE were identical at about £250 3rd party/fire/theft. Most won't quote fully comp on "old cars"!

Here it is the car that you are insuring for ANY driver over 25! So my zillion years of NCB count for very little. 5 years is the max.

One big difference is you can't insure then get a refund. Once you have paid then that is it for the year. You have to carry and be able to produce your insurance and PROOF that it was paid to any Policeman if asked, hence the no refund. None production results in handout of automatic roadside fines.

I wonder what the EU rules will be when they "harmonise" all of the best practices!!  

Personally I think that and displaying your MOT due date (on the sticker provided by test centre) in the windscreen and carrying proof of payment of road tax equivalent are all good ideas.

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish car insurance
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2008, 16:33:05 »

One big difference is you can't insure then get a refund. Once you have paid then that is it for the year. You have to carry and be able to produce your insurance and PROOF that it was paid to any Policeman if asked, hence the no refund. None production results in handout of automatic roadside fines.

I wonder what the EU rules will be when they "harmonise" all of the best practices!!  

We'll roll over and accept them, as usual, and this country will become even more of a police state.

I'm a firm believer that if I'm not a criminal, why should I be going out of my way to prove it all the time? Police have a computer system to check up on mundane things like car insurance so they don't need me to carry anything and they don't need to pester me for them.

If they suspect me of criminal activity then they have plenty of time to establish things about me once they've arrested me.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.