Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SAI...again...  (Read 1095 times)

zuluf

• Valpovo, Croatia
    • View Profile
SAI...again...
« on: 02 October 2011, 21:09:15 »

Hello.

I've been searching the net and this forum (similar forums also) but I couldn't find any "How to" step by step guide for SAI removal on X20XEV.
Is there any for Omegas or at least for X20XEV engine? I've read some stuff on how to fully remove it on other engines but I ain't that sure with the "translation" to X20XEV engine.

Thanks.

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
Re: SAI...again...
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2011, 23:49:48 »

Hello.

I've been searching the net and this forum (similar forums also) but I couldn't find any "How to" step by step guide for SAI removal on X20XEV.
Is there any for Omegas or at least for X20XEV engine? I've read some stuff on how to fully remove it on other engines but I ain't that sure with the "translation" to X20XEV engine.

Thanks.
Hi get under front with jack un plug all wires even the horn wires, the hole unit comes out, undo the bolts should see them all and it drops out. then when it drops can remove the clips to the pipe abit better. then if need to remove the motor just undo the bolts.
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

zuluf

• Valpovo, Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2011, 15:59:28 »

What about the rest of the system? Should I pull out everything or there is some stuff that has to be left behind to please the ECU?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2011, 16:08:10 »

Remove everything apart from the air valve (to fool ECU) and blank off at the manifold
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2011, 18:58:33 »

Hello.

Thanks.
Hi get under front with jack un plug all wires even the horn wires, the hole unit comes out, undo the bolts should see them all and it drops out. then when it drops can remove the clips to the pipe abit better. then if need to remove the motor just undo the bolts.

Remembering to put these back afterwards of course  :-X

zuluf

• Valpovo, Croatia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2011, 20:16:46 »

Remove everything apart from the air valve (to fool ECU) and blank off at the manifold

Air valve is near the pump or somewhere on the pipeworks near the exhaust mainfold?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.