Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FAO millwall or any decent Plumber  (Read 1160 times)

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
FAO millwall or any decent Plumber
« on: 04 October 2011, 15:14:32 »

Over the next few days I will be re-tileing our bathroom. I want to get all the tiles behind the sink and toilet but just need to check that  the cistern can be  slightly moved forward without moving the pan aswell.  Its one of those Close Coupled Cistern
types and I dont know how they go together  hence the question before I go steaming in  ;) :D  Plus how do you take the top em too :-\ :-[
Caravaners  can only go as fast as the rest of the  other road users... so deal with it

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
Re: FAO millwall or any decent Plumber
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2011, 15:39:42 »

if its just screwed to floorboards just take them out and move it away an inch. that's all i do when i tile. make sure you have a bit of play with the water feed. tile then push back and refix.

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2011, 15:40:50 »

with file and adhesive its usually about 15mm you need

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2011, 15:56:21 »

:y Cheers Richie... I was hopeing not to even touch the bottom section and was hopefull that where you join the two parts  together that there is enough play to only move the cistern forwatd a  bit without moving the  bowl aswell  ( if that makes sense )
Caravaners  can only go as fast as the rest of the  other road users... so deal with it

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2011, 16:30:41 »

As Richie says, as long as the pan & cistern isn't pulled too far forward you should still get a good watertight seal on the soil connector. The cistern & pan are joined by 2 bolts usually with plastic locknuts these days but metal wingnuts on earlier fixings & the cistern can only be moved very slightly out of it's proper position or else the rubber/foam 'doughnut' washer deforms & allows the flush water to leak between the cistern & pan! HTH :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 October 2011, 16:31:34 »

blue dont try and just move the top half  as handsome richie said move the whole lot  very easy to do  if you just try moving the top half it could be a pain to get the donut (foam washer) to line back up and it will leak   and a leaking carsy is not good ;D

Big_Al

« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2011, 16:37:08 »

Don't want to throw a spanner in the works but  . .  be careful that you are working on a timber floor.  If on a solid floor the pans are more likely to be set in sand & cement or "jetcem".  Trying to release the pan from this cement joint usually results in the pan cracking or breaking  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

If it's upstairs in a house , probably timber floor though. :y :y :y :y

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2011, 17:06:23 »

blue dont try and just move the top half  as handsome richie said move the whole lot  very easy to do  if you just try moving the top half it could be a pain to get the donut (foam washer) to line back up and it will leak   and a leaking carsy is not good ;D

thank you for them kind words  ;)

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2011, 17:10:06 »

Thanks all  :y :y Still very nervous about moving the pan aswell ( god I hate plumbing jobs ;) :)). Seem to remember the dodge and  bodge crew having a few problems while fitting the pan hence why I dont wanna touch the pan incase I well and truely muck it up  Ive found the bolts Phil was on about but need to move a few things out so I can see a little clearer  as to whats  going on. More updates tomorrow folks  ;) ;D ;D

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2011, 17:11:40 »

Dont worry Rich... my shower play his shower very soon  so revenge is always sweet  ;) ;D ;D ;D

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2011, 20:46:17 »

Dont worry Rich... my shower play his shower very soon  so revenge is always sweet  ;) ;D ;D ;D

and going on our performance lately  should be a easy win for you ;D ;D

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2011, 21:09:07 »

can be as bas as my team QPR  :-[ ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.