Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alex Salmond - is there a place in the Tower for him?  (Read 1118 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Alex Salmond - is there a place in the Tower for him?
« on: 23 October 2011, 11:30:49 »

I see he is further whipping up the Scots into "Independence mode".

No doubt the ballot papers will be worded something like

Do you want cheaper than England Bus fares, prescriptions etc? YES NO

Should say something like

To gain independence we will have to take on our share of the National debt, our share of armed forces till we get our own military, our foreign embassies. In other words do the job properly and not just cherry pick. And whilst the idea of independence might be appealing we will have to have a UK wide ballot (paid for by Alex Salmond and not the Queens' subjects) not just the Scots themselves.
Do you still wish to procede ? YES NO

I wonder if there is still a law that could be invoked to allow him to spend some contemplation time in the Tower of London.?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

mantahatch

Re: Alex Salmond - is there a place in the Tower for him?
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2011, 11:50:10 »

As an Englishman I feel I have little right to comment on what Scotland wants. The same should apply the other way round aswell. There would be many many obstacles to get over of that there can be no doubt.

However if it is what the people want then it should happen, we are forever moaning that politicians won't give us a say, well it does look like the Scots may get a say. Whether it is right or wrong is not for me to say.

If it happens Scotland and England will be the closest neighbours and everything should be done by both countries to make it work as smoothly as possible and with the least trouble possible.

cleggy

« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2011, 12:04:12 »

I though it was a nice bit of political opportunitism. Knowing full well that we will not be allowed a referendum on Europe despite the will of the nation. Those elected by the people to represent them acting like tin pot dictators in not allowing the will of the people to prevail.

Politicians are supposed to serve the people unfortunately they seem to interpret that as serving themselves. >:(

So Alex Salmond got one in, and why not? If the people of Scotland vote to leave the U.K then fair enough, but as stated they must provide their own fiscal policy, taxation, defence, law etc etc At least we won't have Scottish MP's in Westminster :y :y Just think if it had happened sooner no Blundering Brown ;D ;D or indeed half of the cabinet.

albitz

« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2011, 13:13:31 »

As an Englishman I feel I have little right to comment on what Scotland wants. The same should apply the other way round aswell. There would be many many obstacles to get over of that there can be no doubt.

However if it is what the people want then it should happen, we are forever moaning that politicians won't give us a say, well it does look like the Scots may get a say. Whether it is right or wrong is not for me to say.

If it happens Scotland and England will be the closest neighbours and everything should be done by both countries to make it work as smoothly as possible and with the least trouble possible.
All well and good as long as it is carried out on terms similar to those which Varche has outlined above. You can gaurantee it wont be though. Salmond is an unprincipled, undignified moron who will have no shame about trying to arrange for an independent Scotland which still has its bills paid by London.
A hideous little man.

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 October 2011, 13:38:46 »

Alex Salmond is a dick
He done well at the last elections because many labour voters voted snp in protest to the titanic balls up labour made of the country

He will not fare so well in a general election
not all Scots (including me) want to seperate from the rest of the UK   Alex Salmond would have you all believe we all want all want independance  I am a Brit who was fortunate To be born in Scotland

I have told my Wife if Scotland ever gains independance i will be moving south, Newcastle would be far enough :)
 I believe the union of the 4 countries works
Salmond was always banging his drum about other small countries iceland, ireland etc and how well they were doing right up untill they landed on their arses   he has gone a bit quiet about them now.

Most Scots dont want independance  and if there ever was a referendum i think salmond would be unsucsessfull
they have always been a one police party  i am amazed he done as well as he has
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing

justjohn

• West Lothian - Scotland
    • Transit Connect
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2011, 14:07:57 »

Alex Salmond is a dick
He done well at the last elections because many labour voters voted snp in protest to the titanic balls up labour made of the country

not all Scots (including me) want to seperate from the rest of the UK   Alex Salmond would have you all believe we all want all want independance  I am a Brit who was fortunate To be born in Scotland

I have told my Wife if Scotland ever gains independance i will be moving south, Newcastle would be far enough :)
Salmond was always banging his drum about other small countries iceland, ireland etc and how well they were doing right up untill they landed on their arses   he has gone a bit quiet about them now.

Most Scots dont want independance  and if there ever was a referendum i think salmond would be unsucsessfull
Well said and well put.

The above views are very similar to my own, I did vote SNP simply to upset Labour.
I am not interested in independance as I do not think it would work, then again I would also come out of Europe and the so called union.

albitz

« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2011, 14:09:04 »

Alex Salmond is a dick

not all Scots (including me) want to seperate from the rest of the UK   Alex Salmond would have you all believe we all want all want independance I am a Brit who was fortunate To be born in ScotlandI have told my Wife if Scotland ever gains independance i will be moving south, Newcastle would be far enough :)

That to me sums up the attitude which British people across the UK should have.Unfortunately it has become unfashionable to think that way.I am also a believer in the union,but have reached the point where I think if the peoples of Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland want to go it alone, then let them.As long as they pay their own way.
Its part of the modern disease of people having a chip on theor shoulder,thinking they are hard done by,a sense of entitlement without earning it etc......
Which is why everyone wants to have their cake and eat it now.Imo the UK should be governed from Westminster or broken up into four completely independent nations.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2011, 19:00:44 »

It won't happen , we're a canny lot when it comes to the crunch . ;)
Don't be misled ,the Scots understand how costly it would be to "enjoy " true independence.
As for Salmond , he's the loudest of a sterile ,faceless ,nameless utterly forgetful bunch.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2011, 20:38:18 »

Alex Salmond is a dick

Well said and well put.

The above views are very similar to my own, I did vote SNP simply to upset Labour.
I am not interested in independance as I do not think it would work, then again I would also come out of Europe and the so called union.
I won't vote for total independance for Scotland could end up like Greece tore apart and destroyed.
I think he's being clever by putting feelers out to gauge the reaction from the public before he decides what to do before the next election he may come accross daft but daft he's not.
This man will stick up for us he has protected all scottish public sector workers from the 3.2% pension contrabution increase that   that slimeball Osborne put on England & Wales
The other up side to ecky is he will answer a question not like the other a-holes who waffle there way around an answer.
As if its not obvious I voted SNP ;) ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.