Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tractor Drivers  (Read 726 times)

deltaman

• South Lincolnshire
    • 03 omega CD 2.2
    • View Profile
Tractor Drivers
« on: 11 November 2011, 16:11:04 »

I am refering to the agricultural Type of tractor!!! Had to stand the old girl on her front bumper today when a tractor with a 40ft trailer behind it decided not to stop when it joined the main a17, but came straight out of the side road onto the main road in front of me, when I looked over at him he just stuck his fingers up at me as was gone.
as I understand it these drivers do not have any special training or licence because it is an agricultural vehicle despite it being as big as an artic who's driver would have to have had a special test, we do suffer from these a bit in this part of the country but this one was one of the closest encounters I have had, had the road been wet I would have gone under the trailer I am sure.
Good job the old girl is in good order as she stopped straight and true in good time.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Tractor Drivers
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2011, 16:22:17 »

When the farmer's own staff were driving such vehicles they might have shown a degree of respect for local road users. Sadly, most of them are contract employees drafted in whenever required now. The more they get done the more they get paid, so respect for anyone else has gone out of the window.

I travel for about 8 miles on a relatively rural road on my commute. Very rarely does an agricultural vehicle bother to pull over and let other traffic pass on that stratch these days.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Debs.

« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2011, 16:22:54 »

IIRC: The driver of such an (upto) 10 tonne combo, might also quite-legally be as young as 14 yrs. old!

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2011, 19:45:16 »

Weve got a company here in Falkirk who use the JCB Fast tracks + 20ton trailors to get around not having to apply for an operators licsence.He's a fly-guy he owns a farm He also hauls sh**e solids from out lying sewage treatment works to a central treatment works for the solids under cutting haulage companys.
As you say Debs the drivers are just out off nappies it's about time VOSA came up with new regulations that stopped this >:( >:( >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.