Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How can i feel this bad about selling a car ?  (Read 2616 times)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
How can i feel this bad about selling a car ?
« on: 21 November 2011, 18:24:24 »

:( For the past 8 years i've had a Ford Galaxy which we've used as a second car when we needed to go out as a family - trips down to Cornwall or up to the northumberland coast etc , we decided that as the 2 biggest kids do their own thing now, time had come to sell the Gal ,it was advertised on flea bay, sold, and today-collected , couldn't believe how bad i felt as i watched my baby being driven off,  anybody else felt this way when they've sold a car ?

Omega_Dan

Re: How can i feel this bad about selling a car ?
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2011, 18:40:29 »

It is a weird attachment. I regret selling my e34 bmw 525 a few years back with just 68k on it. Tried to sell the omega once but really didn't want to so it will be with me until it dies   ;D

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2011, 19:23:56 »

Its not unusual - had this when i sold my MV6 about 5 years ago, then with the Jag ( but not as much earlier this year)

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2011, 19:27:14 »

Did I ever say I regret selling my Senator?  ::) ::) ::) I can still visualise it burbling off around the corner........  :( :( :( :(

waspy

« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2011, 19:37:18 »

You're not the only one.
I'm one that gets attatched to cars (except red ones  ;D) I hated watching my Trans-Am drive up the road just over four years ago :(
I've even considered selling Burt (my Omega), but I don't think I could (very close to four years ownership, the £s from the sale of the Trans-Am paid for him).
I've totally fallen for my latest addition  :) :)

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2011, 20:17:43 »

I was sad to see the Veyron driven away. It was only then I noticed I'd left it go with the tow hitch still fitted. Darn it, I had another buyer lined up for that.  ::) 
« Last Edit: 21 November 2011, 20:34:29 by Turk »
Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2011, 21:31:52 »

some people are quite ruthless with stuff like this.

im not though. i see my omega as my friend who i like to look after.

i think its all to do with spending so much time with the car. some people spend more time in their car than with their families. some out of choice  ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2011, 21:46:18 »

Well, I have had dozens of cars over the years and have always been happy to move on to the next one, usually something better :) only with 'hindsight' have I regretted selling some of them...... :D :D

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 November 2011, 22:40:49 »

Never really felt bad about selling a car, however when my M3 went it kind of made me think, why do that  :-\
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 November 2011, 23:24:45 »

Not until I sold my saloon earlier this year
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #10 on: 21 November 2011, 23:36:49 »

Did I ever say I regret selling my Senator?  ::) ::) ::) I can still visualise it burbling off around the corner........  :( :( :( :(
Mine was much worse Andy.It was on the back of a lorry with a HIAB through the sunroof to stop it from moving around.It was like a funeral. :'(

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 November 2011, 23:44:40 »

Mine was much worse Andy.It was on the back of a lorry with a HIAB through the sunroof to stop it from moving around.It was like a funeral. :'(

It's only an old car...... ::) ::) ::) :D

albitz

« Reply #12 on: 21 November 2011, 23:46:21 »

>:( >:( >:(. >:(.............was a 24v Senny with grey leather and digital dash (and a wholelotta rust) - the best car VX ever made. :P

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #13 on: 21 November 2011, 23:46:28 »

very much ditto , especially when i sold my last two at the same time   .....  i mean, i knew i had to....   to buy a seven seater....   but it still hurt.... 

should really have stopped at 3 kids, not 5....   

that said,  the Sintra 3.0 V6 cdx was as close as i could get to a 7 seat sennie ....   (and despite their poor reputation, i loved mine.....  )   solidly stable at speed....  on M-ways AND b-roads...   not hinky and nervous like a bloody zaffira...     and room for 7 people AND their luggage....  no roof box required.... 
and still topped 140 on the autobahn....   (my brother lives near Stuttgart )

and I finally parted with it last month......   after having it sitting on the driveway for a couple of years.....   passed over in favour of Miggys.... but unable to bring myself to part with it.....   

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2011, 01:12:30 »

well back in the day i had bobdents car well ljay s now brought it at about 9 months old ex demo got the sides skirts put on and few bits loved it i had a company which was a partnership called LW Contracts buisness partner buggered off leaving me with £160k debt managed to keep going for a while but eventually needed to get rid of some vans saw the car and traded in 2 vans for it financed the rest  which is a bit of coincidence with reg being LW02OZO

along comes the good old inland revenue oh you seem like a payer you owe us £40k unpaid payee tax :o lets start buy selling yor lovely car or we will bankrupt you oh its financed well voluntary surrender it and we will have the monthly payments absolutely gutted watching them putting the beast on the back of a truck

used to troll auto trader and the like looking for it cars one of a kind then by chance joined OOF as i had several other omegas over the years and by chance was reading a thread and there it was a little pic under bobdents post chatted and met at newent had a great time met some really nice people and got to see the car again

Bob did say he may be selling the car but had promised the beast to somone full respect to him for keeping his promise and great to see the cars being well spoilt and looked after far better than i could great to see the pics, would have loved to get the car back but i would not look after it like ljay  :y :y

looking forward to reminising with Bob at newent over a few beers only this time i will share the hangover with him ;D

small world and thank you OOF
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.