Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn Statement - What George Osbourne didn't tell you  (Read 1431 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Autumn Statement - What George Osbourne didn't tell you
« on: 30 November 2011, 19:17:08 »

His autumn statement was full of bad numbers, what he didn't tell you is it will be worse next year due to lack of growth, even worse the following year and so on as his deficit reduction relies on the UK economy growing with all politicians giving unrealistic growth figures particularly for years further into the future.  >:( >:( >:(

The link below from the Head of Research at a London Financial Institution, is by far the best analysis I've seen on where the UK economy is right now, how it got here through the the absolute criminal recklessness of 'Team Brown' and where it is heading in the future with virtually no economic growth for a long time. This country is very deep in the brown stuff, mainly as a result of "Team Brown".  >:( >:( >:(

http://www.tullettprebon.com/Documents/strategyinsights/Tim_Morgan_Report_007.pdf

Knowledge and forewarning gives you the power to make the right decisions in your own and your families best interests as
sometime between 2012 and 2016 this country is going to be in the same debt driven death spiral as Greece. Once the Eurozone crisis is resolved by the politicians (unlikely) or by events and markets (they will force the issue to make a profit!), then it will be the UK's and USA's turn to be tested by the markets.  >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn Statement - What George Osbourne didn't tell you
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2011, 19:31:10 »

this country is beyond repair,as long as money leaves this country to go to foreign lands and pays for seekers to be here that shouldnt be and all the benefit(thiefs)cheats that take there percentage carry on there is no hope but for us the working men to be screwed to pay for itb and that is all i dare say on the matter

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2011, 19:36:52 »

Knowledge and forewarning gives you the power to make the right decisions in your own and your families best interests as
sometime between 2012 and 2016 this country is going to be in the same debt driven death spiral as Greece. Once the Eurozone crisis is resolved by the politicians (unlikely) or by events and markets (they will force the issue to make a profit!), then it will be the UK's and USA's turn to be tested by the markets.  >:( >:( >:(

A few years ago, I would have follewed the Economic state of this country with valid interest.  Nowadays, I ignore it.  Our Government has been in over it's head for over a decade, perhaps longer....... but, the main problem is Global.

Nothing I can do about it, so for now, my blood pressure will remain at a low.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2011, 19:48:12 »

Yes its very much a case of 'Big Boy's Rules' - so tough titty.

Referring to this country - the system has been ruthlessly played by those best placed to capitalise on the desire of the masses for cheap easy money - from the criminally negligent in government and the criminally active in banking and finance to the criminally irresponsible in many households throughout this land, the desire to accumulate wealth or seek to live at a level far beyond financial sense has finally been shown to be the serpent in the grass that is was, and indeed remains.

The country has been oppsed by avarice and a fundamental disconnect from reality. 

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2011, 19:59:23 »

I'm not even going to read the article - I'm going to assume that the long & short of it is basically;

The economy is doomed. Capitalism is doomed. The only ones who'll survive will have enough savings, the ability to grow their own food, and enough armaments to keep the anarchic rabble at bay..

Close?

cleggy

« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2011, 20:01:59 »

this country is beyond repair,as long as money leaves this country to go to foreign lands and pays for seekers to be here that shouldnt be and all the benefit(thiefs)cheats that take there percentage carry on there is no hope but for us the working men to be screwed to pay for itb and that is all i dare say on the matter

Spot on, EU, Foreign Aid, Assylum Seekers, Free Child Care, and Scroungers my arse. Charity for the needy at home.

DOOMED I SAY DOOMED

FWY ( Freedon for West Yorkshire)
« Last Edit: 30 November 2011, 20:03:42 by cleggy »

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2011, 20:12:08 »

I'm not even going to read the article - I'm going to assume that the long & short of it is basically;

The economy is doomed. Capitalism is doomed. The only ones who'll survive will have enough savings, the ability to grow their own food, and enough armaments to keep the anarchic rabble at bay..

Close?

I'll look after you in that case Aa. :-* :-* :y

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2011, 20:17:23 »

Close?

I'll look after you in that case Aa. :-* :-* :y

Cheers Den - I can't aim to save my life! ;)

(I tried, once, with air rifles & pistols at school.. I remember not being a great shot, and also getting shot in the arm by a ricochet.. well, that's what the guy said - he could have been aiming at me at the time. Ah, no H&S in those days, we didn't even have goggles on!)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2011, 20:29:16 »

Cheers Den - I can't aim to save my life! ;)

(I tried, once, with air rifles & pistols at school.. I remember not being a great shot, and also getting shot in the arm by a ricochet.. well, that's what the guy said - he could have been aiming at me at the time. Ah, no H&S in those days, we didn't even have goggles on!)

I'm sub 30 and the only Goggles I know about is the thing on this interweb which gives you answers.

:D :D :D :D

EDIT:  Oh, thats Google.  :P :P :P :P
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2011, 20:41:47 »

What about Google Goggles ;)

jimac

• Newcastle upon Tyne
    • Vectra 1.9 CDTi [150] SRi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2011, 10:33:51 »

I have yet to see any economic forecast that has turned out to be correct, so I just ignore them.  ;D

General Melchett

• Northern France
    • A general doesn't drive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2011, 10:40:10 »

I have yet to see any economic forecast that has turned out to be correct, so I just ignore them.  ;D

;D ;D ;D and so true  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2011, 11:22:28 »

It will be alright. When times are bad historically we have a war, a proper war.

All we need is a candidate? Iran maybe. They look "bad boys"
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2011, 11:39:04 »

It will be alright. When times are bad historically we have a war, a proper war.

Brussels is closer. Would save some jet fuel to bomb them instead. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2011, 14:43:08 »

Brussels is closer. Would save some jet fuel to bomb them instead. ;)

Kevin, with a sense of humour like that you must be friends with the prime minister and jeremy clarkson  ;D ;D

Can admin please delete this thread quick before UNISON see it and send the boys round  :D :D :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.