Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wtd - facelift black interior trim and ashtray  (Read 1593 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Wtd - facelift black interior trim and ashtray
« on: 15 December 2011, 14:13:27 »

Before I employ* Woman to use her crafty skills to lose the wood from the inside... anyone got a black dash panel, handbrake panel, and working ashtray? And a pair of front door trims?

It's for a facelift manual car... ta muchly.

*enslave
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

SJKOO01

Re: Wtd - facelift black interior trim and ashtray
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2011, 15:23:36 »

I may have the black dash & handbrake trim.  Have to look in the garage tomorow, if I have it'll be from an Ex-Police Omega, so may have some small holes in the plastic, but they could be plastic welded if you don't mind doing that.  As for the door trim, you can replace the plastic wooden trim with either black or silver (if you can find someone who's got some).

Let you know tomorow if any luck in finding the dash trim  :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2011, 15:39:20 »

I may have the black dash & handbrake trim.  Have to look in the garage tomorow, if I have it'll be from an Ex-Police Omega, so may have some small holes in the plastic, but they could be plastic welded if you don't mind doing that.  As for the door trim, you can replace the plastic wooden trim with either black or silver (if you can find someone who's got some).

Let you know tomorow if any luck in finding the dash trim  :y

Cheers mate! Holes don't bother me, it's ex-plod itself so there's plenty. I'm reusing most of them to mount shiny things like hands-free kits and DAB stereos in the new year... :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2011, 18:30:15 »

What about the brushed aluminium trim from the MV6's? Wouldn't that be better than black plastic?  :-\
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2011, 19:48:22 »

What about the brushed aluminium trim from the MV6's? Wouldn't that be better than black plastic?  :-\

Had it before, I always kept looking at it and going "I wish I knew how to cast real aluminium". I like black... ;)

SJKOO01

« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2011, 18:17:07 »

You're in luck  :y

Had a look and found a Black colour for part that goes on the front (around aircon / stereo) without holes in iti, the long piece that goes around the gearshift and part way under the handbrake (has some small holes in it, the gearshift itself (Park to gear1 / snow button) no holes in it and the part that goes around the handbrake lever - no holes in it.

They will need a bit of a clean up to be honest as they've been sitting in the garage for sometime, so I'll try to clean them up before taking some picture so you can see before you buy?  :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2011, 18:20:19 »

Had a look and found a Black colour for part that goes on the front (around aircon / stereo) without holes in iti, the long piece that goes around the gearshift and part way under the handbrake (has some small holes in it, the gearshift itself (Park to gear1 / snow button) no holes in it and the part that goes around the handbrake lever - no holes in it.

They will need a bit of a clean up to be honest as they've been sitting in the garage for sometime, so I'll try to clean them up before taking some picture so you can see before you buy?  :y

The "Park to gear1/ snow button" bit - are your bits off an automatic? Mine's a manual and all in one piece? >strokes chin<

SJKOO01

« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2011, 18:30:48 »

The "Park to gear1/ snow button" bit - are your bits off an automatic? Mine's a manual and all in one piece? >strokes chin<

I'll leave that part out of the parcel when I send it then  8) ;D  ;D
Yes it's out an automatic, but I'm of the understanding that the part that goes around the gearshift and part way under the handbrake is the same on both the auto & manual.  Your part around the shifter itself should affix in place without any problems.
Unless anyone knows better for sure?

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 December 2011, 20:18:23 »

TB says they're the same, that's good enough for me!  :y

Now to track down the elusive door trims...

SJKOO01

« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2011, 11:54:41 »

Personally I would paint those that you have on your door already.  As if you're going to take the wooden one's off, to replace with black one's anyhow  ;) .  Or get some spare wooden looking trim and paint them, then be quick to remove one and replace with the other at the same time.

Let me guess, you want me to see if I have any spare wooden door trim as well  ::) ;D :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2011, 08:57:22 »

Personally I would paint those that you have on your door already.  As if you're going to take the wooden one's off, to replace with black one's anyhow  ;) .  Or get some spare wooden looking trim and paint them, then be quick to remove one and replace with the other at the same time.

Let me guess, you want me to see if I have any spare wooden door trim as well  ::) ;D :y

:y If you have any, that'd be awesome. Yep, I'm a cheeky sod, your endurance will be handsomely rewarded ;)

Is it as simple as gently levering the old ones out (with many thin blades and a lot of that strange patience thing) and popping the new ones in?

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 December 2011, 14:14:27 »

:y If you have any, that'd be awesome. Yep, I'm a cheeky sod, your endurance will be handsomely rewarded ;)

Is it as simple as gently levering the old ones out (with many thin blades and a lot of that strange patience thing) and popping the new ones in?

Nope, door cards off, drill out loads of plastice rivets and replace with 6mm self-tappers  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

SJKOO01

« Reply #12 on: 18 December 2011, 16:27:40 »

Nope, door cards off, drill out loads of plastice rivets and replace with 6mm self-tappers  :y

As above.  There was a "How To" on here about doing this, can't seem to find it at the moment.

Though here's the one for taking the door cards off, to help you out.
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90514.0

Ohh... and has it happens I've found some spare wooden door trim for you - Bonus !  ;D

Santa's wish list of yours is getting bigger by the thread  ;D  ;D :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 December 2011, 16:37:35 »

Go on then, drop me a PM :D

SJKOO01

« Reply #14 on: 18 December 2011, 16:48:26 »

Just sent you a pm regarding trim  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.