Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: In bits  (Read 6006 times)

X3 OXE

• Reading, Berkshire
  • Sir Sideways
    • 245bhp 3.1 manual MV6
    • View Profile
    • Omega Owners Network
Re: In bits
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2012, 20:43:33 »

The aircon rad and fans restrict airflow to the main rad, which is why omega v6's run so hot all the time, Removing the aircon rad and fans is one of the best mods you can do, Engine temps are perfect after this and run nice and cool.

Mines been done for a couple years too, along with my brothers, dads and everyone else i know with omega's have done the same.

Keep them off and youll see for yourself  ;)

Well i never  :o :o :o :o :o    im going to rip them out now , i had to make a make shift bar to hold the air con rad fans hold up as the rubber grometts were shot . I did wonder why these 2 fans were needed without my air condenser  ::) aid cooling it will ...nice to know you have done this mod and passed on the info  :y :y :y :y

Lol no worries mate, sorry you had to make a bar etc to hold them in for no reason  ::)

Least you know now though, Have you removed the aircon pump too? If not,.. Remove it and fit a cavalier v6 aux belt from a non aircon model, means its one less pump/pulley the engine has to turn  ;)
Jason.

omega3000

« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2012, 20:46:37 »

Air condenser is in the bin , all fell to bits at the bottom ...never used air con even when i had it . Get enough draft from the missus :-X

;D

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2012, 20:47:25 »

or you can just buy a belt for non-aircon
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

omega3000

« Reply #18 on: 25 January 2012, 20:47:57 »

The aircon rad and fans restrict airflow to the main rad, which is why omega v6's run so hot all the time, Removing the aircon rad and fans is one of the best mods you can do, Engine temps are perfect after this and run nice and cool.

Mines been done for a couple years too, along with my brothers, dads and everyone else i know with omega's have done the same.

Keep them off and youll see for yourself  ;)

Already fitted a non air con belt , bypassed the pump  :y

Well i never  :o :o :o :o :o    im going to rip them out now , i had to make a make shift bar to hold the air con rad fans hold up as the rubber grometts were shot . I did wonder why these 2 fans were needed without my air condenser  ::) aid cooling it will ...nice to know you have done this mod and passed on the info  :y :y :y :y

Lol no worries mate, sorry you had to make a bar etc to hold them in for no reason  ::)

Least you know now though, Have you removed the aircon pump too? If not,.. Remove it and fit a cavalier v6 aux belt from a non aircon model, means its one less pump/pulley the engine has to turn  ;)

omega3000

« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2012, 20:50:08 »

or you can just buy a belt for non-aircon

Already bypassed the pump , fitted a non air con belt  :y :y

X3 OXE

• Reading, Berkshire
  • Sir Sideways
    • 245bhp 3.1 manual MV6
    • View Profile
    • Omega Owners Network
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2012, 20:52:23 »

Nice one, your sorted then  8) :y

lol @ the missus  ;D
Jason.

omega3000

« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2012, 20:58:06 »

I will be when i dump the fans , easy enough to take out as the lack of condenser makes easy access . That just leaves that humungous air breather for the air box that needs re routing at some point ...Anyone moved this ?

X3 OXE

• Reading, Berkshire
  • Sir Sideways
    • 245bhp 3.1 manual MV6
    • View Profile
    • Omega Owners Network
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2012, 21:18:34 »

The air intake in the grill? Ive kept mine and added a second air feed cut into the bottom of the airbox. best option!
Jason.

omega3000

« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2012, 22:12:38 »

The air intake in the grill? Ive kept mine and added a second air feed cut into the bottom of the airbox. best option!
Yea ive heard of that mod , are you running standard air filter in the air box or K&N/ aftermarket  :y

X3 OXE

• Reading, Berkshire
  • Sir Sideways
    • 245bhp 3.1 manual MV6
    • View Profile
    • Omega Owners Network
« Reply #24 on: 25 January 2012, 22:29:07 »

Standard air filter changed on a regular basis, normally no different to a K&N as long as the standard is always new/clean.

The second air feed ive done is 3" all the way to the front grill next to the standard intake, noticed quite a nice little gain just from this, More responsive. Can get some pics at weekend if wanted
Jason.

omega3000

« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2012, 23:03:21 »

Standard air filter changed on a regular basis, normally no different to a K&N as long as the standard is always new/clean.

The second air feed ive done is 3" all the way to the front grill next to the standard intake, noticed quite a nice little gain just from this, More responsive. Can get some pics at weekend if wanted

Cheers yes that would be great .
What pipe did you use for the second feed  :y

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 February 2012, 07:14:30 »

Wow, just wow! Can't get over the stance, looks really great man!
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

noel

• Omega Knight
  • frome somerset
  • i feel the need for speed
    • 02 omega 2.6 v6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 February 2012, 20:33:05 »

never used air con even when i had it . Get enough draft from the missus :-X

;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
oh well that's another day done
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.