Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: car tax invaders  (Read 2045 times)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
car tax invaders
« on: 12 January 2012, 19:54:28 »

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
Re: car tax invaders
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2012, 20:03:10 »

Im in the papers again!!    ;D ;D

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2012, 20:03:20 »

over the last few days theres been roadside checks all over se london  and a fair few cars been siezed  as the old bill park them at the side of the road with massive stickers on the back window saying why they were siezed   a few newish cars as well

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2012, 20:07:02 »

over the last few days theres been roadside checks all over se london  and a fair few cars been siezed  as the old bill park them at the side of the road with massive stickers on the back window saying why they were siezed   a few newish cars as well

i hope the police don't read the thread on Facebook warning everyone  ;D

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2012, 21:09:53 »

Anyone who warns someone without tax or insurance must retarded.  >:( Why would you want these untaxed uninsured idiots driving on the road? Catch and crush the rather cars I say!
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Nickbat

« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2012, 21:14:21 »

Im in the papers again!!    ;D ;D

Just saw that before I read this board, Richie! ;)

Uxbridge's new roving reporter!  :y :y

albitz

« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2012, 21:17:31 »

The cars will be crushed,but theres a crafty type of evader appeared in recent years who make it pay for them.They pay a small amount of money for an old car with no tax or MOT.They then drive happily around, and if they get caught the car gets seized,so they just walk down the road and buy something similar and carry on regardless. >:(

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2012, 21:18:20 »

Rich the snitch. :P :D ;D

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2012, 21:24:21 »

They asked if anyone wanted to do a bit of free reporting and learn a little about journalism. i did offer to hack phones when required ;D ;D

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2012, 21:24:45 »

Anyone who warns someone without tax or insurance must retarded.  >:( Why would you want these untaxed uninsured idiots driving on the road? Catch and crush the rather cars I say!

Completly agree with your sentiment .... but

Rant on ....

Of all the problems that we have in society, especially anti social behaviour - particularly alcohol related, drugs & associated crime and general crime and criminality, i still think the police could use this resource and their reduced budgets on something better than on these "soft" targets.

I do understand that some of this will uncover some other crimes but at the lower end of the scale.

Rant off ...
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2012, 21:32:31 »

The cars will be crushed,but theres a crafty type of evader appeared in recent years who make it pay for them.They pay a small amount of money for an old car with no tax or MOT.They then drive happily around, and if they get caught the car gets seized,so they just walk down the road and buy something similar and carry on regardless. >:(

i was on my mates trade insurance for a month 2yrs ago so i could drive till afford my own. could of stayed like it. cost me 50quid. another scam to be legal on the rd but i didn't like it that way

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2012, 21:32:46 »

We use to do the Police work around here. They had their ANPR team in town on Thursdays, and we never picked up fewer than a dozen cars. Most of them were what you'd expect, worthless battered crap. But some of them weren't, including on one occasion a 8 month old Range Rover Sport with no insurance, and a drunk driver with no licence. we had it for the full 14 days before it was collected, mush to my boss' disappointment.
It astonishes me just how many illegal cars are out there!

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2012, 21:35:04 »

Completly agree with your sentiment .... but

Rant on ....

Of all the problems that we have in society, especially anti social behaviour - particularly alcohol related, drugs & associated crime and general crime and criminality, i still think the police could use this resource and their reduced budgets on something better than on these "soft" targets.

I do understand that some of this will uncover some other crimes but at the lower end of the scale.

Rant off ...

does it really take 10-15 copper to be at the side of the rd. Total misuse of manpower and resources

jyr001

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2012, 08:31:13 »

They had a purge on car tax evasion on one of our local "estates" recently. I've never seen so much activity (which didn't start until around midnight). By the time they had finished 14 cars had been stickered and yellow booted in one road and there were others that decided to journey off in the middle of the night to avoid the same.

As mentioned earlier not all were old cars either - one an X5. There is no excuse for any of them but it beggars belief that someone would stump up serious money for a newish car and not tax it.  In my opinion they shouldn't be given the opportunity to get their car back - it should be crushed. They know the law yet they flaunt it in the hope they'll get away with it. Mind you with all the ANPR's and other camera work in operation now I can't see how anyone can expect to get with it for any length of time. Hang em all I say or at least Ban them.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2012, 09:42:36 »

I saw the same Richie on my walk home from work yesterday!

Spotted a dark blue Mondeo estate parked on side of road, actually causing a slight issue where it was but hey. As I walked past, noticed 2 coppers in side, looking at their ANPR viewing screen.

Continued walking, around the corner, a copper on the radio, standing by road side. He looked and smiled at me, I asked him "Got an ANPR operation going on?"

How did you know? Was the response... to which I told him i spotted their Mondeo around the corner with its ANPR setup.

He asked if I was in the business as it was a good spot!  :o  ;D

He said tonight was fairly quiet, but in the morning they were very busy, he was stopping cars and sending them around the corner to around 20 coppers who made sure the car was checked out!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.