Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: headlight adjuster repair/ removing lense?? & blacking out chrome...  (Read 933 times)

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile

Hi ive got a broken headlight adjuster on a xenon headlight how do you get the lense off without damaging it??

is anybody still selling the repair ally adjusters??

Also while headlights apart i was going to smoke/black out the chrome inside lense except the area around main beam which on my car is all so now fitted with xenon hid kit  :D Dim for about 5 seconds but once charged up bright as hell!!!

anybody had any issues painting chrome areas??

JayMV6

• Reading
    • View Profile

With the bits that are staying chrome just be carefull i scuffed it by barely touching it. In regards to removing the lense i just nicked the missus hair dryer and heated and slowley pulled  :)

albitz

Yep - heat gun or hairdryer to soften the black goo and slowly pull it off. There is a sticky in the for sale/ wanted section for contacting the bloke who sells the aluminium adjusters. They are little works of art.Its a shame to hide them away inside a headlight. ;)
Cant help with blackening lenses, sorry.

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile

With the bits that are staying chrome just be carefull i scuffed it by barely touching it. In regards to removing the lense i just nicked the missus hair dryer and heated and slowley pulled  :)

Ahh i see someone said to me about chucking them in the oven ages ago when there chrome breaked up on there fabia rs to get lense off but they carbon tinted theres, but i recon i try the old hair dryer trick & a can of etch primer & satin black do the job  :y

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • View Profile

Yep - heat gun or hairdryer to soften the black goo and slowly pull it off. There is a sticky in the for sale/ wanted section for contacting the bloke who sells the aluminium adjusters. They are little works of art.Its a shame to hide them away inside a headlight. ;)
Cant help with blackening lenses, sorry.

ahh thats wat that thing is i found it, ive got pair sets of xenon 2 pre/ 1 facelift but typical the lense on the broken one has a good clear lense, but if i can 1500gm wetdry & polish lenses up on others i strip them & repaint them insted... if it works i may buy sum other units & sell sum blacked out...

JayMV6

• Reading
    • View Profile

I blackened the outer edges which all comes off seperat so you aint got to worry about masking up. was a while since i done it tho but is i can do it anyone can :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.