Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 60 large im in the wrong job  (Read 1161 times)

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
60 large im in the wrong job
« on: 26 January 2012, 01:15:23 »

60k a year to sit on your arse and move a few levers  no wonder driver less tubes are being brought in

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/9038359/London-held-to-ransom-as-Tube-driver-paid-61218-a-year.html

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
Re: 60 large im in the wrong job
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2012, 06:44:33 »

I've been in the drivers car a few yrs ago when i was at walford. my mate let me in there. He was driving stoned Out of his head but to be fair he didn't do much to even justify 25k a year.

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2012, 07:07:03 »

Just heard a report on Sky news which said that Transport for London are going to pay their staff an extra £6.5 million between them to bribe them not to go on strike during the Olympics. rather outrageous imo.Just leave Bob Crowe staked out on the mud at traitors gate on the Thames at low tide - problem solved. :)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2012, 07:22:03 »

60k blimey plumbers would not even get outta bed for that rather highway men :P ;D

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2012, 08:51:37 »

60k blimey plumbers would not even get outta bed for that rather highway men :P ;D

yes but we have to work hard for our money :o  oh christ come to think of it we do less than train drivers ;D ;D

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2012, 09:50:01 »

Yes it equates too I think £ 1000 to each L U employee...tbh I wouldnt want to be down there with the nutters  we have running ARROUND trying to blow poor souls up...then on the other hand they are not worth £ 60,000
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Martian

« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2012, 09:56:11 »

60k a year to sit on your arse and move a few levers  no wonder driver less tubes are being brought in

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/9038359/London-held-to-ransom-as-Tube-driver-paid-61218-a-year.html
Take off the overtime, pension, free travel (which includes the drivers spouse) & the bonuses that are paid to all staff and that figure soon dwindles. I'll also bet that is the gross figures being quoted just to boost the "disgust" factor that they know wil be generated when the public read the story.

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2012, 10:07:58 »

Take off the overtime, pension, free travel (which includes the drivers spouse) & the bonuses that are paid to all staff and that figure soon dwindles. I'll also bet that is the gross figures being quoted just to boost the "disgust" factor that they know wil be generated when the public read the story.

maybe so  but i bet thers plenty on here that knock their nads out daily at work and get a package less than half of these drivers

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2012, 10:10:07 »

Exactly what it is. Salary is around £40k which, for a skilled train driver working shifts and anti-social hours, isn't a huge amount ;)

Employer's pension contributions and cost of free travel being included in the calculation to get £60k is a joke. Just sensationalised reporting (as normal) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2012, 10:17:12 »

Exactly what it is. Salary is around £40k which, for a skilled train driver working shifts and anti-social hours, isn't a huge amount ;)

Employer's pension contributions and cost of free travel being included in the calculation to get £60k is a joke. Just sensationalised reporting (as normal) ::)

and more than that , after this news its easy to drop the salaries.. ;)

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2012, 10:21:20 »

Same applies down in this neck of the woods - and sensationalised reporting IMO; as you rightly state Paul.

Although traincrew positions do attract such 'excellent' salaries, we have phenominal responsibilities with rigorous competencies attached. Then there's the anti-social hours, anti-social passenger behaviour, etc etc.

Basically, we put up with an awful lot, believe me!
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Martian

« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2012, 10:36:43 »

It's bugger all when you take in to account that gross earnings of £35K or more are taxed at 40%.

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2012, 11:01:42 »

It's bugger all when you take in to account that gross earnings of £35K or more are taxed at 40%.

Exactly! >:(
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2012, 13:50:19 »

£60k? I'd barely open my eyes for that!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2012, 12:37:29 »

Just heard a report on Sky news which said that Transport for London are going to pay their staff an extra £6.5 million between them to bribe them not to go on strike during the Olympics. rather outrageous imo.Just leave Bob Crowe staked out on the mud at traitors gate on the Thames at low tide - problem solved. :)

Trouble is, you'd have enviromental health after your arse for poluting the Thames  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.