Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall 0mega  (Read 5266 times)

Michael2.6

• Intermediate Member
  • Bishop Auckland
    • Vauxhall Omega
    • View Profile
Vauxhall 0mega
« on: 28 January 2012, 20:17:27 »

Does any person on this forum think that the omega is becoming an enthusiast car.

And not for every day use.

The omega is getting old now and might not appeal to most people.

just for the summer perhaps ?

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall 0mega
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2012, 20:39:38 »

Not at all.

Use mine every day and there's no reason I shouldn't, it's fully equipped, reliable and a better drive than most cars around.

Age shouldn't put you off.  My parents have two 15+ year old E280 W124's, my dad uses his every day.
Budget tyres, false economy.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2012, 21:40:06 »

In some ways I agree with the OP, my V6 barely gets used this time of year, whereas i'm really not to fussed about the other car getting a good coating of salt, mud etc.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2012, 21:47:07 »

Hi Michael,

When you say ''enthusiasts car'', are you saying that you think Omegas are becoming classics or that they're only liked by a certain minority?

I personally think it's becoming a classic. Obviously, it's easy to proclaim that on a Forum for owners of the aforementioned  ::) but when you take in to consideration the power, the engine and the comfort, I can't help thinking it's on it's way to being in the hall of fame, especially with numbers dwindling due to it's age  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2012, 21:55:29 »

Mine is the "regular" vehicle in the houshold, and is in full time use, as well as being the tow car for our many weekends away in the "tin tent".

The ONLY cloud on the horizon at the moment is age related (to the car before anyone makes a smart comment) :)  This year we have had to pay a smallish premium on our European Breakdown Insurance for the French Holiday.

This will go up steadily each year as the car is now over 10 years old, once it reaches 15 years our "normal" travel insurers will refuse to cover it.

That is why we got rid of the Granada and the last Omega. This one will be different, at the relevant time I will find someone who will cover an older vehicle ... I know they must exist .. just need to find one .. :)

Even if it does become a "classic", cars exist to be used not sat in a garage.. IMHO

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2012, 21:55:54 »

Hi Michael,

When you say ''enthusiasts car'', are you saying that you think Omegas are becoming classics or that they're only liked by a certain minority?

I personally think it's becoming a classic. Obviously, it's easy to proclaim that on a Forum for owners of the aforementioned  ::) but when you take in to consideration the power, the engine and the comfort, I can't help thinking it's on it's way to being in the hall of fame, especially with numbers dwindling due to Twiglet buying them all up and storing them at his gaff  :y

Fixed that for you Webby. :y ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2012, 22:00:14 »

Hi Michael,

I personally think it's becoming a classic. Obviously, it's easy to proclaim that on a Forum for owners of the aforementioned  ::) but when you take in to consideration the power, the engine and the comfort, I can't help thinking it's on it's way to being in the hall of fame, especially with numbers dwindling due to Twiglet buying them all up and storing them at his gaff  :y

....and then selling them on for thousands  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Omega_Dan

« Reply #7 on: 28 January 2012, 22:01:49 »

I think its more down to the owner than the car ;)

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2012, 22:01:58 »

Hi Michael,

....and then selling them on to the local scrappy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fixed that for you Webby. :y ;D ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2012, 22:02:47 »

Hi Michael,

....and then selling them on to the local scrappy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fixed that for you Webby. :y ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

feeutfo

« Reply #10 on: 28 January 2012, 22:21:53 »

I don't think it's a collectors item as such, but those that know them also know there is nothing available to replace it for the money. Otherwise it would be history. Rusty arches, oil and water leaks, bush and handling problems see mamy a "get rid" sale.

Replace the engine with, let's say, an ls1 for arguments sake. Or whatever. We're left with rust and chassis issues. Any car would suffer wrotten bushes in a similar time scale.

I certainly think vx cocked up big time dropping the omega. Economic reasons?

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2012, 22:23:28 »

I use mine as the round town car and for station parking - does not do it justice and expensive on fuel on this basis but it is reliable and looks good (a bit like me then) and it has all the toys. Keep thinking I will change it for something more economical but not a lot of point as just doing around 12 miles a day, being left at station overnight or even for several days and does not matter too much about the occasional prat catching it with a car door when parked next to you.

Something just makes me want to keep running it - masochistic tendency, sad b*****d maybe?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

feeutfo

« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2012, 22:31:54 »

I use mine as the round town car and for station parking - does not do it justice and expensive on fuel on this basis but it is reliable and looks good (a bit like me then) and it has all the toys. Keep thinking I will change it for something more economical but not a lot of point as just doing around 12 miles a day, being left at station overnight or even for several days and does not matter too much about the occasional prat catching it with a car door when parked next to you.

Something just makes me want to keep running it - masochistic tendency, sad b*****d maybe?
Yes, I'm so used to LPG now I'd forgotten that one.  :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 January 2012, 22:46:16 »

I don't think it's a collectors item as such, but those that know them also know there is nothing available to replace it for the money. Otherwise it would be history. Rusty arches, oil and water leaks, bush and handling problems see mamy a "get rid" sale.

Replace the engine with, let's say, an ls1 for arguments sake. Or whatever. We're left with rust and chassis issues. Any car would suffer wrotten bushes in a similar time scale.

I certainly think vx cocked up big time dropping the omega. Economic reasons?

They don't cock up much though, do they?  :-X :-X :-X >:( >:( >:(

The thing is the Omega still looks modern now. Yes, it's never been an attention grabber and I've heard it even called ''forgettable''  >:( but surely the ride and the engine warranted keeping it in production.

Would absolutely love them to bring the model back  :y :y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2012, 22:55:24 »

I certainly think vx cocked up big time dropping the Senator. Economic reasons?

I agree.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

They tried to replace 2 cars with one .................
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.