Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Value...  (Read 953 times)

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
Value...
« on: 12 February 2012, 03:06:51 »

Not sure what to expect, but what kind of value would I be looking at on my ex-plod these days?

Took these last year, but she's still in the same nick.  Undecidied whether or not to stick hold, or get rid of the wife's Puma.  My Mig gets more MPG than her Puma, but the Puma would be easier to sell... (some folk see big engine and think dear to run...  But the Mig is cheaper to run than her 1.7 Puma!)  I'm needing a 4x4 these days, so one motor has to go...

She's an ex-plod 3.2 Manual, done 128k now, Cambelt changed at 120k by Elite Pete.  Full Police history, and had oil change by AndyB and Elite Pete as well.  MOT till Oct next year, and every time I've taken her for an MOT, the tester has commented on how clean she is underneath.

Couple of gromets in the roof, where the aerials where (she was an unmarked car).  But I treated the holes with Q-Rust and pumped em with Waxoyl when I got her 4 yrs ago - no bubbling or owt from them at all now, 4yrs later. And I fitted wood trim to the centre console to get rid of the holes in the dash.  There's a pic here from 2010 to show it:

Here's a pic of the engine mid-Cambelt job:

And here's a pic of the engine after I detailed it:

There's a couple of car-park dings here and there on the doors if you look closely, and a scuff either corner on the front bumper which don't stand out unless you look.

Performance-wise - well, I ain't a boy-racer (them days are long since behind me!!), but we've been round Europe in her and with me, the wife and kids, and 3weeks worth of camping gear in the boot, she sat at 140mph on the Autobahn quite comfortably and never missed a beat - munched up 4,000miles in 3weeks no aggro! 

Tyre-wise, she's got Michelin Sports on the front, and nearly-new Pirelli Snow Sport's on the back.

This ain't a "For Sale" pitch, I just want to get me feeler's out of how much you guys and girls think ol' faithful is worth.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Value...
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2012, 05:43:40 »

I think value and selling an Omega are never used in the same sentence! For a buyer certainly, but not the seller. I guess you'll need to weigh things up between the cars and if you decide to sell try to find a price you'd be happy with. Good luck with whatever you decide  :y

On another point, what did you use to detail the plastics in the engine bay. The pipes look 'glossy'

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2012, 08:19:44 »

Very nice clean looking car and the mileage you have done trouble free speaks volumes , if i had it i would keep it without doubt  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2012, 09:47:24 »

Sadly, its worth very little. Its big engined, done a lot of miles (in the minds of Joe Public), low spec and has a couple of knocks.

Once cars become under a grand, its really all down to who turns up to look at it on the day - long tax and MOT help immensely in this end of the market, although adding these can add to your own costs.
Grumpy old man

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2012, 10:23:35 »

Sadly, its worth very little. Its big engined, done a lot of miles (in the minds of Joe Public), low spec and has a couple of knocks.

Once cars become under a grand, its really all down to who turns up to look at it on the day - long tax and MOT help immensely in this end of the market, although adding these can add to your own costs.

In a nutshell...
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

damon80

• Wigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2012, 10:33:42 »

That's a shame really, it's crazy how underrated these motors are  :'(

But on the plus side, I think I may have to keep hold of this, and flog the wife's Puma instead - that'll be more saleable I suppose!  ;)

As for the pipes - I wiped over them with baby oil first, and then Back to Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.