Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I broke my central locking!  (Read 1565 times)

vit4

• Essex
    • 2002 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
I broke my central locking!
« on: 27 May 2014, 08:08:38 »

Hi guys,

I have a 2002 Omega 2.2 GLS (had it just under a week!).  Since getting it, neither key has activated the central locking but the key turned in the driver's door easily and unlocked all doors/petrol cap and allowed the boot to be popped from the inside.

Driving yesterday, I pressed the driver's door lock down and it locked all doors.  However, I could not pull the lock back up at all (and still can't!).  Passenger was able to pull her lock up, and the rear doors can both lock/unlock by pulling them up individually.  I climbed out the passenger side, and after much wiggling of the key I can lock and unlock the driver's door from the outside.  However, there is a lot more resistance and when doing this it does not activate the central locking on the other doors.  In addition, the boot release won't work and neither will the fuel cap (luckily this happened less than 20 miles after filling it up!).  Just to clarify, when I turn the key in the driver's door, even though it locks and unlocks the door the inside lock-pull stays down and cannot be pulled up.

I've had a look both on this forum and online and can't see anything relating to this particular issue!  Does anybody have any ideas as to what may be the issue please?!  :-[ 

Many thanks,
Cameron

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: I broke my central locking!
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2014, 08:40:57 »

.... Does anybody have any ideas as to what may be the issue please?!  :-[ 

Many thanks,
Cameron

It'll be your driver's door locking motor that has died. You have the option of dismantling your old motor http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90642.0 or fitting A N Other http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90504.0  :y  :y

alank46

• Intermediate Member
  • South Devon
    • 3L Elite Estate 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2014, 08:41:40 »

I would get that door trim off ASAP while you can still get the door open and then check the mechanism within.  If the problem gets worse and you cannot get the door open at all you will have real problems trying to get the trim off with the door shut.
Elite now gone.  Bought an X-Type 4x4.  If there had been an Omega 4x4 I would have bought that instead.  We really liked the Omega, but I wanted 4x4.

vit4

• Essex
    • 2002 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2014, 09:31:45 »

.... Does anybody have any ideas as to what may be the issue please?!  :-[ 

Many thanks,
Cameron

It'll be your driver's door locking motor that has died. You have the option of dismantling your old motor http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90642.0 or fitting A N Other http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90504.0  :y  :y

Cheers for that :) Will that be responsible for the boot and fuel cap not opening as well?

And yes, will be replacing as soon as possible!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2014, 09:34:44 »

Cheers for that :) Will that be responsible for the boot and fuel cap not opening as well?

Possibly ....... probably ....... errr  :-\  ::)  ::)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2014, 11:42:43 »

You can still reach in the boot from inside the car with rear seats down to pull the boot handle to open the boot,,,and the petrol cap locking is easily and cheap to replace from inside the boot..two screws and wiring plug to remove,,simple job.

Daniel Peterson

• Sweden
    • 2000 Opel Omega Mk2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 November 2014, 15:29:44 »

This post is a few months old, but I will reply as I had the same problem and I think I found the solution.

Key indicators for this problem is:

1. No reaction from central locking system when using either key fob or key hole to lock/unlock car.
2. Boot release button on dashboard not working

The boot release button not working seem to indicate that the problem is with the electric lock mechanism for the boot release. I went ahead and used the manual boot release handle on the inside of the boot to get it unstuck. To do this you have to enter the boot by folding the back seat and reaching and pulling the handle on the inside of the boot lid. It is easy enough to find if its bright outside or you have a flashlight. This will manually open the lid.

Doing so managed to unstick the central locking system for me, and it is working fine now. Possibly some maintenance of the boot lid lock mechanism or central locking motor has to be carried out as well so that the problem does not return.

I will update this thread when I have more info about how to service the boot lid lock or if it turns out this fix was no good...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.