Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central Locking...drivers door locks when open etc  (Read 1283 times)

duke101

• lincoln
    • Omega Estate 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
Central Locking...drivers door locks when open etc
« on: 17 July 2012, 14:26:49 »

I have a mini facelift Omega V6 year 2000....the central locking from the remote will lock the door and leave it locked even when the drivers door is open, it should lock and then unlock with the door open i think. Also if i manually push the button down on the drivers door when im inside the car then i cant pull it back up,even with pliers, only way to open is to use the remote.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
Re: Central Locking...drivers door locks when open etc
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2012, 14:52:06 »

Sounds like one of the micro switches has failed in the drivers door central locking motor.

You could simply replace it...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90504.0

Or you could try repairing it...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90642.0

If you simply want to replace it but don't want to buy new, you could post a wanted ad in the test section and ask an admin to move it to the wanted section for you.  Going rate for 2nd hand motors is £10 + P&P.

HTH  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

duke101

• lincoln
    • Omega Estate 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2012, 15:56:08 »

I have stripped it down and its all in good order,not sluggish or tight. Tested the micro switches, when they are not being pressed in the 2 outer pins are connected,when pressed in the centre pin is connected to one outer pin...same for both switches...is this correct?
Just to add that when the central locking locks the drivers door either by remote, by the key in the door lock,or by manually pressing down the drivers door lock i cant pull the manual lock button up on this door but i can on the other doors...

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2012, 17:04:51 »

I have stripped it down and its all in good order,not sluggish or tight. Tested the micro switches, when they are not being pressed in the 2 outer pins are connected,when pressed in the centre pin is connected to one outer pin...same for both switches...is this correct?

Yes, this sounds right.

Just to add that when the central locking locks the drivers door either by remote, by the key in the door lock,or by manually pressing down the drivers door lock i cant pull the manual lock button up on this door but i can on the other doors...

Your problem sounds to me like the micro switch that activates/deactivates the deadlocking in the drivers door isn't working correctly, which is why you can't pull up the door pin.
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.