Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sports cars . . . .  (Read 12290 times)

05omegav6

Re: Sports cars . . . .
« Reply #105 on: 20 July 2014, 11:09:33 »

I am pleased to confirm that the BMW Z3 is no match for a full fat Omega with a proper gearbox ;D

Was following one earlier and went to pass it and the lorry ahead of it... In third at 40, I nearly went through the Z3 after he failed to look over his shoulder (top down too). The look on his face was priceless as he shat himself ;D

Credit where it's due, he waved an apology and tried very hard to pull away, failing miserably ;D

So Rog, if you want a poncy two seater then the Z3 is just the ticket... If you want a real car, then either a Westfield or a TVR or a Monaro :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 20 July 2014, 12:02:07 »

I am pleased to confirm that the BMW Z3 is no match for a full fat Omega with a proper gearbox ;D

Was following one earlier and went to pass it and the lorry ahead of it... In third at 40, I nearly went through the Z3 after he failed to look over his shoulder (top down too). The look on his face was priceless as he shat himself ;D

Credit where it's due, he waved an apology and tried very hard to pull away, failing miserably ;D

So Rog, if you want a poncy two seater then the Z3 is just the ticket... If you want a real car, then either a Westfield or a TVR or a Monaro :y

Excellent description for such a 'girlie' car. ;D

I've not sat in one but would a Westfield/Lotus super 7 be a tight fit for most people of normal girth? I'm guessing that TB wouldn't fit..... ::) ::) ;D
« Last Edit: 20 July 2014, 12:03:50 by Doctor Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 20 July 2014, 12:05:48 »

Sir Tiggers dream car, I believe.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 20 July 2014, 17:33:04 »

I can confirm that Z3's pirouette extremely well! ( see earlier post! )  ::)  But I accept that they are a sheep in wolfs clothing!  ;D

Having said that I do like them and think they look cooler than the Z4 replacement!  :y

James Bond drove one. Nuff said!  ;)   8)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 20 July 2014, 17:40:30 »

I can confirm that Z3's pirouette extremely well! ( see earlier post! )  ::)  But I accept that they are a sheep in wolfs clothing!  ;D

Having said that I do like them and think they look cooler than the Z4 replacement!  :y

Not the proper Bond. Connery drove a DB5. :P :P :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 20 July 2014, 17:42:36 »

Not the proper Bond. Connery drove a DB5. :P :P :P

Can Rog afford a DB5?  :-\  and is a DB5 a sports car, muscle car or super car?  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #111 on: 20 July 2014, 17:57:49 »

Yes but he has also driven, in no particular order,
A Mk4 Mondeo and A Phase 1 Renualt Eleven... ;D

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 20 July 2014, 18:17:10 »

Mk1 MX5 1.8 is a brilliant sports car, get one that has had a turbo or supercharger fitted and you'll have a cheap to buy, fast, reliable, well handling sports car :y
Retired

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 21 July 2014, 17:19:30 »

I've not sat in one but would a Westfield/Lotus super 7 be a tight fit for most people of normal girth? I'm guessing that TB wouldn't fit..... ::) ::) ;D

Depends on the car. Both Westfield and Caterham have brought out "wide" models as demand from the more portly driver has driven them to do so but the traditional chassis would present a tight fit to anyone with even a passing interest in the pie.  ::) The Dax Rush is already reasonably wide at the all important "driver's @rse" part of the chassis.

Ditto the length of the footwells. Early cars weren't any good for tall drivers but they now work for people up to 6' and a fair bit over, although that tends to depend on choice of seat and pedal arrangement and how adjustable it all is.

Haven't tried TB for size but will do next time I see him. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #114 on: 21 July 2014, 17:28:48 »

Even a widebody looked like it'd have to be turned into a single seater for me.. and I'd have to get used to sitting astride the propshaft ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 21 July 2014, 17:44:57 »

Even a widebody looked like it'd have to be turned into a single seater for me.. and I'd have to get used to sitting astride the propshaft ;D

Remember the threadlock on those flange bolts. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 21 July 2014, 17:51:37 »

Depends on the car. Both Westfield and Caterham have brought out "wide" models as demand from the more portly driver has driven them to do so but the traditional chassis would present a tight fit to anyone with even a passing interest in the pie.  ::) The Dax Rush is already reasonably wide at the all important "driver's @rse" part of the chassis.

Ditto the length of the footwells. Early cars weren't any good for tall drivers but they now work for people up to 6' and a fair bit over, although that tends to depend on choice of seat and pedal arrangement and how adjustable it all is.

Haven't tried TB for size but will do next time I see him. ;)

I've seen photographs. He won't fit.......not even in the 'wide' version. ;D ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #117 on: 21 July 2014, 18:08:24 »

10667  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 21 July 2014, 19:06:56 »

10667  ::)

I'm sure that TB has a sense of humour..........I think. ;D

omega3000

« Reply #119 on: 21 July 2014, 19:12:03 »

What about this  :-\

Best used coupes: the alternatives

Audi TT

Fair price: £1,950

Remember the fuss when Audi introduced its Bauhaus-inspired TT in 1998? A unique design marked the car out as a style icon, and issues with high-speed handling were soon fixed with a rear spoiler, standard ESP and tweaked suspension. The TT went on to write its own chapter in Audi’s history, thanks to its sheer desirability, popularity and performance.

It’s now 15 years since Audi unveiled the TT, with its concept car looks and striking interior. Yet even today, it remains hugely desirable – especially with prices at under £2,000. Cheap cars don’t get much prettier, while VW running gear means low bills. Even at this price you can choose between Coupé or Roadster models, front or four-wheel-drive transmissions and 180bhp or 225bhp versions of the 1.8T engine.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.