Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 3.2 Engine Management Light  (Read 3801 times)

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 3.2 Engine Management Light
« Reply #15 on: 09 June 2012, 23:38:59 »

Not that mine suffers the 0420/0430 codes yet,

From what I can gather from reading this Forum you tend to have a habit of 'using the engine to it's full potential', hopefully that should be enough to keep the light at bay...
 :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 June 2012, 09:14:29 »

Not that mine suffers the 0420/0430 codes yet,

From what I can gather from reading this Forum you tend to have a habit of 'using the engine to it's full potential', hopefully that should be enough to keep the light at bay...
 :y
I think in my case, the engine is still young. Give it another 30k or so....
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #17 on: 10 June 2012, 13:54:57 »

My very own 0420/0430 used to go away with Shell fuel but alas, has come back recently and appears here to stay.. the cheeky little yellow monkey. I'll ignore mine until closer to the MOT, I think.. then I'll panic and buy a MIG welder ;D

tport

• east mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 June 2012, 15:19:23 »

I am getting P0430 every other day now but not P0420.  I think the off side cat was replaced shortly before I bought the car three years ago hence the P0420 code never shows.  I'd like to get the problem sorted once and for all but don't weld (i'll do most other things).  Can the work be done when the cat section is attached to the car or does it need to come off?  Does anybody know anywhere in the East Mids that would take on this type of work?

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 10 June 2012, 18:57:23 »

Op needs to confirm the codes first. But pre cat efficiency does sound most likely.
Once confirmed, I'd ask the 'tard what that's got to do with a faulty ecu. And lambdas by nature give a varying output once warm. That's how they work, otherwise there's a problem.

See pedal trick in code reading, link below \/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 June 2012, 21:43:42 »

I could be speaking prematurely but I have a theory that if the engine is "used to it's full potential" more often than not the pre-cat codes don't seem to show their head ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 June 2012, 22:20:09 »

I could be speaking prematurely but I have a theory that if the engine is "used to it's full potential" more often than not the pre-cat codes don't seem to show their head ::)

I reckon that, and the use of 'super' fuel, are the solution. Assuming the vehicle still has Original cat's...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 June 2012, 22:28:14 »

My very own 0420/0430 used to go away with Shell fuel but alas, has come back recently and appears here to stay.. the cheeky little yellow monkey. I'll ignore mine until closer to the MOT, I think.. then I'll panic and buy a MIG welder ;D
I could always bring mine over. A welding party at gayboys. Followed by curry, obviously.

I can't use the rather welder though ::) ;D  :-[
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 10 June 2012, 22:44:14 »

Get to the Mot early, unplug the ecu for half hour or so and the jobs a goodun :y Decent fuel, the odd bottle of redex and a damn good thrashing should deal with it quite effectively :y

Nearly 220k and not seen the 0420/0430 for a while :y

feeutfo

« Reply #24 on: 11 June 2012, 01:33:19 »

I could always bring mine over. A welding party at gayboys. Followed by curry, obviously.

Aaron has a pit. Kevin can weld, I think? And he needs his done too. Can these be done with cats in place...?

But as said above, Italian tune up driving does keep the light off longer. I know this to be true on my old car. Hotter cats being more efficient I guess...?

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 11 June 2012, 01:40:43 »

Less unburnt fuel going into them too :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 June 2012, 11:52:34 »

Aaron has a pit. Kevin can weld, I think? And he needs his done too. Can these be done with cats in place...?

But as said above, Italian tune up driving does keep the light off longer. I know this to be true on my old car. Hotter cats being more efficient I guess...?
I'd prefer to remove in order to protect car electronics
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2012, 12:35:43 »

Yup - have pit etc.. I've even made a passable attempt at welding in the past ;) Just need to pick up a step cutter to make the holes.

I've also been meaning (as has Kevin) to try "O2 spacers" and see if that works, as that requires no welding.. but we've both been slack (unless Kevin's tried it since we last talked about it, anyway).

Still .. as sayid, OP needs to confirm the codes really with the pedal trick, before we derail his thread any further ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 June 2012, 12:42:38 »

The exhaust steel is mega hard due to the heat cycling it gets!

Step cutter wont do it, a good hole saw is the only reliable way and consider it disposable once complete!

I have done a few now, including a conversion on a 3.0 set for fitting to a 3.2......

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 June 2012, 12:56:42 »

The exhaust steel is mega hard due to the heat cycling it gets!

Step cutter wont do it, a good hole saw is the only reliable way and consider it disposable once complete!

I have done a few now, including a conversion on a 3.0 set for fitting to a 3.2......

looking forward to getting them on (as per http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103986.0 )

Cheers :y
« Last Edit: 12 June 2012, 12:58:27 by Jimbob »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.