Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Water stains.  (Read 12299 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Water stains.
« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2016, 21:47:44 »

There is a moral here, If you don,t like cleaning your car, DON,T get a black one ::). My gay gold one never looks dirty, just a bit duller ;).

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 August 2016, 22:31:25 »

My first Omega was a sort of dark grey. Excellent for hiding the dirt. I knew it needed washing when I couldn't walk past it without getting my trousers dirty :y

My current Omega is that rare metalic silver (147?  :-\) It is so dirty at the moment that I don't like to park in sight of the office  :-[
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 August 2016, 09:52:57 »

You can get a hose connection for the water butt, allowing you to feed a pressure washer with it. :y

This. I actually have a 200 litre water butt suspended in the rafters of my garage. Rainwater gets pumped up there until it's full, then it gravity feeds a Karcher nicely. If you live in a hard water area, you'll notice much less residue on the paintwork after washing, but you still need to dry off a dark car with a chamois for best results. No way round that, really, although you might find it easier to blow the water off with an airline, perhaps?

Alternatively, if you have a water softener, use softened water to wash and rinse your car.

The water leaves a residue on the paint as it dries, so the trick is to reduce the residue in the water in the first place (soft water or rain water), then remove as much of the water from the paintwork as you can before it's had a chance to dry.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 August 2016, 10:03:55 »

Strange that,as I have bought Turtle Wax shampoo as was on offer in halfrauds and for the first time ever it has dried all streaky so I put it down to the shampoo...orible stuff.. :) :)

aaronjb

« Reply #19 on: 30 August 2016, 10:14:44 »

This. I actually have a 200 litre water butt suspended in the rafters of my garage. Rainwater gets pumped up there until it's full, then it gravity feeds a Karcher nicely.

That's a neat idea - might have to steal that for the new garage (there is a water feed but you can't get better than free water). Might have to unblock the gutters first mind as in the downpour on Saturday most of the water was going over the top of the gutter, not down the downpipe ;D

And my new black car is also covered in water spots now - but that's from the rain. Who would buy a black car?  :-X

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 August 2016, 10:24:15 »

That's a neat idea - might have to steal that for the new garage...

I just have a normal water butt "diverter" in the downpipe but had no room for a butt there, so the outlet goes through the wall into an old 20L oil container on the garage wall, which is maintained "nearly full" by the diverter.

A caravan "whale" pump then pumps the water up into the water butt each time the 20L container gets full, until the butt is full.

All controlled by a rudimentary logic system consisting of 3 float switches and a relay. :y

A decent shower will fill the butt from empty and you can get loads of washes from 200L.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 August 2016, 11:04:16 »

So water direct from God(rain) is less likely to leave water marks than water from the tap/hose?

Is there a filter that can be attached to the hose that would help?

On a car like that you should only be using a high quality spring water for washing it.   :)  A few bottles of Evian should do the trick M'lud;D

...and virgins' love juice for keeping the leather interior nice and supple. ;)

You might have to look further afield than Skegness to find that M'lud...  :-X  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 August 2016, 20:07:20 »

Therein lies a lot of your problems,not drying it off after washing especially if using tap water in a hard water area is always going to leave water stains behind,more so if you've washed it in direct sunlight.If you can't be bothered to do a "proper"job on it take it to the Kosovans[or whoever]bung them a fiver and it's job jobbed!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2016, 20:10:46 »

So water direct from God(rain) is less likely to leave water marks than water from the tap/hose?

Is there a filter that can be attached to the hose that would help?

On a car like that you should only be using a high quality spring water for washing it.   :)  A few bottles of Evian should do the trick M'lud;D

...and virgins' love juice for keeping the leather interior nice and supple. ;)

You might have to look further afield than Skegness to find that M'lud...  :-X  ;D.

Me and Mrs Griffin be there in a fortnight.
Hoof'land storeman.

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 August 2016, 07:59:39 »

After washing rinse the car with an open ended hose and then dry with a drying Coth I also use a quick detailer at this stage to shine it up and get rid of any water spots.  You can buy a filter but can not remember what the one I have is called....Other than that you could set up an ro system where you buy a vessel with some media that gives you demin water. Hope this helps.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 August 2016, 11:31:37 »

Therein lies a lot of your problems,not drying it off after washing especially if using tap water in a hard water area is always going to leave water stains behind,more so if you've washed it in direct sunlight.If you can't be bothered to do a "proper"job on it take it to the Kosovans[or whoever]bung them a fiver and it's job jobbed! so they can chuck strong chemicals all over your paintwork and then attempt to remove whats left of the paint with a pressure washer at point blank range.

Fixed.  ;D

I would rather lick my car clean than let any of them loose on it.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 August 2016, 11:49:57 »

Therein lies a lot of your problems,not drying it off after washing especially if using tap water in a hard water area is always going to leave water stains behind,more so if you've washed it in direct sunlight.If you can't be bothered to do a "proper"job on it take it to the Kosovans[or whoever]bung them a fiver and it's job jobbed! so they can chuck strong chemicals all over your paintwork and then attempt to remove whats left of the paint with a pressure washer at point blank range.

Fixed.  ;D

I would rather lick my car clean
than let any of them loose on it.  ;)

I think you may be confusing your car with Keira Knightley. :)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 August 2016, 13:34:33 »

Fixed.  ;D

I would rather lick my car clean
than let any of them loose on it.  ;)

I think you may be confusing your car with Keira Knightley. :)

Nah....she`s way too skinny these days  :-\

No point in buying a nice car like that and not cleaning it properly  ;)

Since I bought the Zed I`ve been cleaning it regularly using snow foam, Meguiers NXT car wash and then dry with a proper drying towel, your Jag will probably need two  :y

HERE`S a guide that I follow for cleaning

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 31 August 2016, 13:38:00 »

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#103149]
This forum is in the paying 'Members' area. To read this content please sign up as a 'Member' and be sure you are logged in.

We are not worthy.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 August 2016, 13:43:12 »

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#103149]
This forum is in the paying 'Members' area. To read this content please sign up as a 'Member' and be sure you are logged in.

We are not worthy.

Strewth.....the Datsun forum is pretty selective these days. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.