Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Glastenbury Energy  (Read 10717 times)

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Glastenbury Energy
« Reply #15 on: 28 June 2013, 22:17:40 »

So back on topic....  ::)

I wonder what the CO2 emissions of Glastonbury are?   :-\ 

I bet it's colossal when you consider all the generators, beer and falafel farts and hot air spouted by the commentators.....  :D  ;D

Right on Maan!!  8)

Strangely enough, there isn't much info available relating to this.  I would estimate through, that electricity consumption alone, it must be in the hundreds of MWs

Nickbat

« Reply #16 on: 28 June 2013, 22:21:33 »

Mike,
On the subject of energy and, specifically fracking, I found this interesting:

Fracking with Marmite. ;) ;D ;D

http://www.nohotair.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3021:you-ll-love-or-hate-this-fracking-additive&catid=203&Itemid=417

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 June 2013, 22:22:26 »

Thank you, and, thats the very reason that this forum was created ( now that is going back a bit )

Ah, yes Mike, the old times when we could happily discuss anything. These days we're not allowed to air any opinions on our government or society for fear of upsetting the non-political. ::) ::)

On topic, though, that wretched Greenpeace banner across the front of the stage makes me want to switch off straightaway. You're quite right to point out the hypocrisy, though. The message they give out is that it's OK to waste energy as long as it's "renewable". ::)

Cobblers. ;)

Really? If only.
Were you a member in a different name back in 2006?

Nickbat

« Reply #18 on: 28 June 2013, 22:22:38 »

Thank you, and, thats the very reason that this forum was created ( now that is going back a bit )

Ah, yes Mike, the old times when we could happily discuss anything. These days we're not allowed to air any opinions on our government or society for fear of upsetting the non-political. ::) ::)

On topic, though, that wretched Greenpeace banner across the front of the stage makes me want to switch off straightaway. You're quite right to point out the hypocrisy, though. The message they give out is that it's OK to waste energy as long as it's "renewable". ::)

Cobblers. ;)

Really? If only.

Before your time, Mr Gixer. I was here just after the forum opened.  ;) ;)

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 June 2013, 22:29:11 »

Mike,
On the subject of energy and, specifically fracking, I found this interesting:

Fracking with Marmite. ;) ;D ;D

http://www.nohotair.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3021:you-ll-love-or-hate-this-fracking-additive&catid=203&Itemid=417
lol good read

wind turbines

Birdwatchers flock to see rare bird, then watch it killed by a wind turbine

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/28/birdwatchers-flock-to-see-rare-bird-then-watch-it-killed-by-wind-turbine/#ixzz2XY4n1lbD

chrisgixer

« Reply #20 on: 28 June 2013, 22:36:19 »

FYI, for those that have been away, hadn't noticed, or are trying to drag the place down.... For a few months after Xmas, this section was the most utterly miserable place imaginable, full of whinge and moan threads like this. The lack of humour, on subjects such as this, and hence infecting others had completely vanished.

If admin input is to be believed, and I do believe it rightly or wrongly, then the place was not far of closure completely as a result.

...anyway, lets hope we can get back to the humour and light hearted ways of old, as you so rightly elude to . :y
(The topic as such wont matter a toss then I guess?)

chrisgixer

« Reply #21 on: 28 June 2013, 22:37:46 »

Cobblers. ;)

Really? If only.

Before your time, Mr Gixer. I was here just after the forum opened.  ;) ;)
And? ;D

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2013, 22:40:40 »

FYI, for those that have been away, hadn't noticed, or are trying to drag the place down.... For a few months after Xmas, this section was the most utterly miserable place imaginable, full of whinge and moan threads like this. The lack of humour, on subjects such as this, and hence infecting others had completely vanished.

If admin input is to be believed, and I do believe it rightly or wrongly, then the place was not far of closure completely as a result.

...anyway, lets hope we can get back to the humour and light hearted ways of old, as you so rightly elude to . :y
OK ???

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 June 2013, 22:41:10 »

hey, that got me another post :y

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 June 2013, 22:41:42 »

wait a minute, so did that  :o

chrisgixer

« Reply #25 on: 28 June 2013, 22:42:10 »

OK ???
Apologies, went off on one there.

I'll shut up now. ;) ;D :y

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 June 2013, 22:43:20 »

at this rate, my post count is going to go through the roof.  285 since 2006 and however many in the last hour......

Nickbat

« Reply #27 on: 28 June 2013, 22:44:10 »

In your opinion. ::) ::)

Your view is that this should only be for laughs and that serious subjects should not be discussed.

I don't share that view. It should be a reasonable mixture of the light-hearted and serious.

Calling this thread full of "whinge and moan" is insulting to Miked who, before your time, organised a trip round a power station for OOf members.

If you don't like a thread, don't read it.  >:(

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 28 June 2013, 22:45:29 »

Your view is that this should only be for laughs and that serious subjects should not be discussed.

I don't share that view. It should be a reasonable mixture of the light-hearted and serious.

Calling this thread full of "whinge and moan" is insulting to Miked who, before your time, organised a trip round a power station for OOf members.

See !

miked

• Intermediate Member
  • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 June 2013, 22:46:28 »

See !
theres another lol, they are like busses ....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.