Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 16:01:11 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Should add, quite fun to drive.  Although the seats are incompatible with my poor back.
That was a concern, but it's actually pretty reasonable in that respect. Obviously nowhere near as comfortable/adjustable as what we're used to, but it's a very different car.

on: Today at 15:55:36 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by Doctor Gollum
The gearbox is the first proper issue it's had.

The rear windows don't work, and weren't when I bought it,  investigated for mechanical functionality... Recoding required.

The rest of my time on it falls into the tinkering category rather than actual repair work ;)

on: Today at 15:55:02 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by YZ250
…………..
May continue to play with the old one in the background, but need something that works and is appropriate for what I have.

Yep, keep it for when you want to tinker with something.  :y  I’ve recently repaired my neighbours rotary recoil starter as the pawls cover plate had sheared off. The nut for the bolt is moulded in to the underside of the top cover so I drilled a hole in the top cover, drilled and tapped a bush for the underside to replace the sheared moulded in nut, put a washer on the other side and tightened it all up. It’s as good as new now and stronger than the original design.  :y
There’s a mower scrapyard seller on eBay, he has a yard full of old mowers and will strip parts off them as required. He’s based in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire and he’s really helpful and easy to speak to. I’ll try to find a link to his site.  :y

on: Today at 15:49:51 
Started by grifter - Last post by Doctor Gollum
I was trying to start it up after the filter change but the battery was going really quickly - as I had the radio on and off the last few weeks while working -  so not sure if the pump would have primed enough to see any leaks but would need full pressure to check.
You seriously want to risk it? ???

on: Today at 15:42:15 
Started by grifter - Last post by grifter
I was trying to start it up after the filter change but the battery was going really quickly - as I had the radio on and off the last few weeks while working -  so not sure if the pump would have primed enough to see any leaks but would need full pressure to check.

on: Today at 15:25:12 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by YZ250
diagnosed correctly as a gunged up carb. I spent £30 on genuine Briggs and Stratton carb kit and service items. It's been right as rain ever since. 
I think knackered diaphrams are common on B&S, as I'm sure YZ250 will testify.  Genuine diaphrams are around a five, for under £20 for the B&S service kit including primer bulb, plug, air filter etc....
Yep, the diaphragm can go stiff or split (less common), which prevents it resonating to act as a type of mini fuel pump to keep It running after the primer bulb fuel has emptied. Some mowers do have a float chamber carb so all you can do with this type is wash it through with clean petrol and a thin wire strand for the jets.

..and when you get stuck, phone YZ250 and he'll tell you what you've done wrong ;D

;D ;D
I blame her allotment buddies for turning my garage into a mower mending workshop.  ;D

on: Today at 13:46:57 
Started by Darth Loo-knee - Last post by countrywoman
Have been making the rear corner interior panels for the Austin out of fibre glass, I hate that stuff but its working. Trouble was I drove the 6 miles to my unit and put another 2 layers on the one I made yesterday and then drove back home, a lot of distance for 2 hrs work----------

on: Today at 13:39:01 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by countrywoman
Had a few with the French engine fail emissions due to burning oil

on: Today at 12:47:48 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by JasonH
They're definitely not suitable for most people - you have to be able to fix cars yourself. Parts are plentiful and cheap, working on them is pretty decent. If someone else is fixing it the labour will add up and in no time be more than the value of the vehicle. They're a bit like a little tiny Omega!

on: Today at 12:01:58 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Heart

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.