Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Information  (Read 19909 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: Information
« Reply #225 on: 08 March 2012, 23:51:27 »

I guess that isn't the case and that I'll have to double check that I've taken my Ritalin on time before I post so I don't get banned again  ;D
We don't mean to be the Fun Police. Believe it or not, the Admins like a giggle as well. Apparently.

We have to try to judge the intention of a post, and also the likely reaction to it, if that makes sense...

Without wanting to appear to misquote/outcontext TB, but we know GenDiss is expected to go off on a tangent and bear little resemblance to reality so - just once, - any chance we could steer this thread back towards the serious original intent without it degenerating into the normal playground pisstakes and banter?   ;D

The admins were are trying to maintain at least one straigh(ish) path towards a happy conclusion.
With a wee help from the regular suspects contributors, perhaps we can?

slainge.....   :y

I think H21 Admin has acheived this and normal service has ressumed sad that we have lost 1 member but very gratefull it was not 3

cheers :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 09 March 2012, 10:20:39 »

Indeed, Its very sad on a personal and OOF level to have lost a (rare female) member who contributed a lot on here, and always attended the meets.

Some of you did not see eye to eye with her over a variety of topics....She had an equal number of good friends on here. 

Very sad she has simply been banned and brushed under the carpet, and the resolution is not a happy one imho, esp as she 'only reacted' to being provoked on this occasion.

I know the reasons why this action has been taken, and although may not agree, will stand by the decision made by admin.

No point in further going over old ground.  We now need to move on.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 09 March 2012, 10:34:30 »

Indeed, Its very sad on a personal and OOF level to have lost a (rare female) member who contributed a lot on here, and always attended the meets.

Some of you did not see eye to eye with her over a variety of topics....She had an equal number of good friends on here. 

Very sad she has simply been banned and brushed under the carpet, and the resolution is not a happy one imho, esp as she 'only reacted' to being provoked on this occasion.

I know the reasons why this action has been taken, and although may not agree, will stand by the decision made by admin.

No point in further going over old ground.  We now need to move on.

Not how I read post #31 in any sense ...

Jimbob has done a great job on the Admin Team over the past 2 or 3 years, with this being the only time we think he made an error of judgement.

Based on that, the plan is to reinstate him as a Moderator, as before.  We all make mistakes sometimes.

Its apparent that Moderators cannot be allowed to moderate when it involves somebody very close to them, as it can lead to, perceived or otherwise, inappropriate moderation. Currently, the view is that if you are a member of the Admin Team, you cannot have close family as members. This may change.

As to Darth Loo-Knee, he, sadly decided to leave.  I hope he chooses to rejoin.  If he does, I personally would be happy to have him back on the Admin Team, but that is my own personal view - we have not fully discussed the scenario, as he is currently not a member.

I apologise for the seemingly slow response.  As the Admin Team are all on at different times, in depth discussions do take several days.

TheBoy

:-\ :-\ :-\

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 09 March 2012, 11:35:17 »

welcome back jimbob

I appreciate what you say and feel for the position you are in I only hope in time things move on and any wounds heal

imho i think enough has been said already and its time to draw a line under it all

and for what it worth as much as i like daz i am sad that Ljay is no longer a member and hope in time her return happens even though you do and should continue to moderate

there have been no winners imo only loosers

Daz has made a statement of sorts and so have you lets move on :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 09 March 2012, 21:13:43 »

Speaking on a quite personal basis I feel that this subject has now been well covered and relevant points raised have been considered according to their merits, as and however required on a public forum and as such, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever to be gained by continually picking at an old scab.  If we do, it will never get a chance to heal.

On that basis and reasoning, now locking this thread and, hopefully, it will be the last on the matter and thus allow all involved to move on as however they wish to the future.

:y
« Last Edit: 09 March 2012, 21:18:43 by hotel21 »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.