Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A wasted week  (Read 2645 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: A wasted week
« Reply #45 on: 06 January 2022, 20:38:48 »

My cheapo Samsung 40" tv is a bout 5 years old
My 48" is about the same, though suspect I'll have to replace it soon.  I'm guessing mine is one of the Samsung's of the era that used those shit LG panels, judging by all the purple blotches.

Given the cost of the backlight LEDs, its probably not worth changing multiple strips (not sure now many strips are on mine, but I reckon I have at least 3 LEDs across different strips that are shining purple instead of white.
My 44"?? Samsung just started to show black lines towards the bottom of the screen about 6" long ... a day or two later 1 became 3 .... I never even considered repairing it
Samsungs are basically throw away tellies. Although John Lewis will give you a five year guarantee.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06 January 2022, 21:52:23 »

My 48" is about the same, though suspect I'll have to replace it soon.  I'm guessing mine is one of the Samsung's of the era that used those shit LG panels, judging by all the purple blotches.

Given the cost of the backlight LEDs, its probably not worth changing multiple strips (not sure now many strips are on mine, but I reckon I have at least 3 LEDs across different strips that are shining purple instead of white.
My 44"?? Samsung just started to show black lines towards the bottom of the screen about 6" long ... a day or two later 1 became 3 .... I never even considered repairing it
Samsungs are basically throw away tellies. Although John Lewis will give you a five year guarantee.
So does Costco  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06 January 2022, 21:54:54 »

So does Costco  ;)
There you go, then. Your crappy Samsung will last for five years, and you can turn it off and on a hundred times a day if you feel like it.  ;D
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 January 2022, 22:01:23 »

I'm in bed watching a 9 year old Samsung, only got freeview but the picture is fine.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 January 2022, 23:54:29 »

I'm in bed watching a 9 year old Samsung, only got freeview but the picture is fine.
Can't you think of anything better to do in bed than watch telly Steve?  ::) Hooray! smilies back to normal. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.