Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Catholic church is at it again  (Read 3196 times)

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Catholic church is at it again
« on: 12 March 2012, 11:51:54 »

Tongue firmly planted in my cheek here goes....... :D
When will the churches keep their noses out of matters that do not concern them? :-X
Now they are up in arms about the 'gay' marriage thingy.  :o
Answer me this.
Why were all of the disciples male? Were there no women capable of the same task? I have an open mind but it all seems strange to me unless gayness played a huge part in it............. :-\
Blasphemy?....Oh deary me, but I think I will still get into heaven because HE forgives all sins........unless that is BS too. I care not either way because I believe my remains will return to that from which it came - Mother Earth. At least I won't be disappointed when I am no more and got what I expected, dinner for the worms. At least they will get a good feed ;D ;D
I do feel sad for anyone though who goes and expects an afterlife and does not find one, just huge disappointment.
On the other hand If when I go I do end up in 'heaven' then it will be a bonus for me and not a disappointment...... ;)
« Last Edit: 12 March 2012, 11:54:12 by Bionic »
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic church is at it again
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 12:50:21 »

Personally, I have not got a problem with what the god botherers are saying this time and agree with it :y
Im pretty broad minded in life and what the rug munchers and uphill gardeners do in the bedroom is frankly non of mine or anybodys business as long as they don't try and ram it down my throat, but some things should be left alone.

But tbh, I think the catholic church would get more support in the real world if they shopped the kiddy fiddling scum who have abused the children in there care over the years  >:( >:(

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2012, 13:46:45 »

:y
You got that bit right on........kiddy fiddlers - church or not should have their bits cut off and be made to eat them!
The catholic church was, and still is as guilty as hell on that one but I reckon that their ploy is to bang on about somthing else to draw attention away from their 'discrepancies' about their pervy ptriesthood and superiors.
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2012, 13:57:29 »

Personally, I have not got a problem with what the god botherers are saying this time and agree with it :y
Im pretty broad minded in life and what the rug munchers and uphill gardeners do in the bedroom is frankly non of mine or anybodys business as long as they don't try and ram it down my throat, but some things should be left alone.

But tbh, I think the catholic church would get more support in the real world if they shopped the kiddy fiddling scum who have abused the children in there care over the years  >:( >:(

Now that is a stellar  Freudian slip................ ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2012, 14:07:02 »

Now that is a stellar  Freudian slip................ ;D

One of my nicknames when I was in the mob was ............ The Diplomat  ;D ;D

Nickbat

« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2012, 14:25:27 »

The point is that the churches, whether CofE, RC, Methodist or whatever have a perfect right, in my view, to conduct religious ceremonies in accordance with their own beliefs and spiritual rules.

If gays wish to marry in a Registry Office, that's one thing, but the government has no right to dictate how a church conducts its business.

What does surprise me, though, is the way Cameron has brought the issue up. To most, and I would guess many gay people, it is not a burning issue taht needs to be settled right now. Maybe Cameron wishes the media to get stuck into something of little merit to avert eyes away from the REAL problems the UK faces. ::)   

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2012, 14:31:43 »

The point is that the churches, whether CofE, RC, Methodist or whatever have a perfect right, in my view, to conduct religious ceremonies in accordance with their own beliefs and spiritual rules.

If gays wish to marry in a Registry Office, that's one thing, but the government has no right to dictate how a church conducts its business.

What does surprise me, though, is the way Cameron has brought the issue up. To most, and I would guess many gay people, it is not a burning issue taht needs to be settled right now. Maybe Cameron wishes the media to get stuck into something of little merit to avert eyes away from the REAL problems the UK faces. ::)   

What he said lol
I dont see why anyone would want to get married in a church that doesnt want them?  Its like when that weird relative comes around for xmas dinner, you dont want them there, they dont want to be there, why make the fuss?   

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2012, 14:36:03 »

I shall excercise some self discipline and simply say that I agree with Nickbat. :-X :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2012, 14:50:08 »

What he said lol
I dont see why anyone would want to get married in a church that doesnt want them?  Its like when that weird relative comes around for xmas dinner, you dont want them there, they dont want to be there, why make the fuss?   

Because it serves there cause to be a victim.

We have had it for years.  People bleating on about this right and that right  >:(
Nowdays, nobody can say NO anymore.   All they have to do is get enough clingons on there side, kick up enough fuss and as if by magic, they must be right and the rest of the world is either racist, homophobic or sexist or whatever brush they tar you with  >:(

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2012, 14:56:49 »

I hate the word Homophobia.It has now become the buzz word to use when speaking of anyone who isnt completely on board with the current latest thinking on gay issues.
A phobia is a fear of something afaik,so the thinking presumably is that you are either in fear of gay issues or in agreement.No other possible scenario allowed,such as moral or religious beliefs. No tolerance whatsoever of anyone who isnt fully signed up to the thought polices agenda on "tolerance & diversity".

cleggy

« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2012, 15:04:55 »

Same sex marriage ... get real, not in their funny dreams. >:( >:(
I used to be gay, now I have to be happy :y :y

As for the Catholic church they have a right to their opinions just like everone else, and Cameron gets it wrong again. IMHO people don't want queer marriage, membership of the EU, wars that don't concern us,not kicking out Abu whatever ETC ETC bloody out of touch self serving politicians  >:( >:(

Why don't our so called representatives canvass the opinions of constituents before making damned stupid legislation just to toe the party line to carry favour. :y 

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2012, 15:05:24 »

What he said lol

Because it serves there cause to be a victim.

We have had it for years.  People bleating on about this right and that right  >:(
Nowdays, nobody can say NO anymore.   All they have to do is get enough clingons on there side, kick up enough fuss and as if by magic, they must be right and the rest of the world is either racist, homophobic or sexist or whatever brush they tar you with  >:(

OK but isnt this the church sticking their nose in about marriage? I really dont believe in any religion its all a load of crap to me, I dont see how any gov can tell any religion it needs to change something, if its about the differance between being "married" and "civial partner'ered" then fine, doesnt mean it has to happen in a church.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2012, 15:21:45 »

I hate the word Homophobia.It has now become the buzz word to use when speaking of anyone who isnt completely on board with the current latest thinking on gay issues.
A phobia is a fear of something afaik,so the thinking presumably is that you are either in fear of gay issues or in agreement.No other possible scenario allowed,such as moral or religious beliefs. No tolerance whatsoever of anyone who isnt fully signed up to the thought polices agenda on "tolerance & diversity".

I was on a lads christmas pishup last year  :D
10 of us out on the lash going from pub to pub.
After hours, we ended up in a gay bar (for the cheap booze, honest  ;D)
3 of us went to empty our bladders.  Me, my mate and his brother (the gay one)
Stood there doing the business when this mincer walks in and starts looking over my shoulder.   I turned round and growled in his face and said ............ I'm straight  >:(
With that the little tinker turns round and says .............. you shouldn't be in here ............. this bar is for homosexuals  ::) >:(
We supped up and left much to my mates brother (the tw*t) amusment who spent the next 2 hours blowing kisses at me  ;D ;D ;D   

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2012, 15:49:49 »

Stood there doing the business when this mincer walks in and starts looking over my shoulder.   I turned round and growled in his face and said ............ I'm straight  >:(
With that the little tinker turns round and says .............. you shouldn't be in here ............. this bar is for homosexuals  ::) >:(
We supped up and left much to my mates brother (the tw*t) amusment who spent the next 2 hours blowing kisses at me  ;D ;D ;D   

tries to work out how to highlight.....

that's equality for you.... 

Dr_X

« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2012, 15:54:29 »

tries to work out how to highlight.....

that's equality for you....

Yep try getting away with a "straight only bar"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.