Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small accident  (Read 5606 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Small accident
« on: 13 May 2012, 21:03:20 »

I've no idea how I did this  :-[

I was doing a few minor jobs on the MV6 this evening, as it's well overdue an oil change etc. After I'd done all the work, I somehow lost my footing. It was too late to do anything, and I went over backwards, on my tarmac drive.

Unfortunately, the very lower part of my back (Eg, just above the @rse) landed with my full body weight onto my 3 tonne trolley jack. It landed on the bit where the handle goes in  ::)

Here's the scary thing - I blacked out. I didn't hit my head at all, ini fact, I blacked out before I hit the deck.

Ten mins later I was laughing with a cuppa, but now I am in absolute agony, and the lightest finger touch in that area (oo oer) causes me immense pain.

I think I've broken the little bone in the rectal area - coxix or something?  :-\  At the moment, I'm like a bulldog who's swallowed a wasp...  :'( :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Small accident
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2012, 21:05:34 »

Sounds like you need to get your arse down the useless, inefficient qwacks/hospital
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2012, 21:07:24 »

Sounds like you need to get your arse down the useless, inefficient qwacks/hospital

The thought did cross my mind..... but then I also recalled the inefficient bit, and opened one of Claires beers instead...  ::)

Getting worse tho, I think if no better in the morning I may have to see the quack, if just for reassurance..

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2012, 21:08:23 »

I've no idea how I did this  :-[

I was doing a few minor jobs on the MV6 this evening, as it's well overdue an oil change etc. After I'd done all the work, I somehow lost my footing. It was too late to do anything, and I went over backwards, on my tarmac drive.

Unfortunately, the very lower part of my back (Eg, just above the @rse) landed with my full body weight onto my 3 tonne trolley jack. It landed on the bit where the handle goes in  ::)

Here's the scary thing - I blacked out. I didn't hit my head at all, ini fact, I blacked out before I hit the deck.

Ten mins later I was laughing with a cuppa, but now I am in absolute agony, and the lightest finger touch in that area (oo oer) causes me immense pain.

I think I've broken the little bone in the rectal area - coxix or something?  :-\  At the moment, I'm like a bulldog who's swallowed a wasp...  :'( :D

Get yourself to A&E for an X-ray ... there are several possibilities from what you describe ... yes it might be the 4 Cocyx bones .. (also known as the "tail bone") which while painful is not serious.. but equally it could be a cracked pelvis which would be very bad news over a long period if left untreated .. :(

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2012, 21:13:33 »

5 hrs ago you were under my car.....now you work on your own car and slip...i think a/e too just to be safe ..xray job

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2012, 21:15:26 »

Yes coxix, landed on that a few times, break me does that hurt.

Get it checked IMO James. :)

Big_Al

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2012, 21:16:17 »

James  just told SWMBO  whats happened to you.  She's a nurse

she says As you blacked out before hitting ground  you need to get yourself checked NOW   down at A&E

As Entwood says they will also check your back area for damage .

Sooner the better mate is what she's saying  :-\ :-\ :-\         She suggests you don't try to drive there yourself ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 21:19:46 by Essex Big Al »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2012, 21:16:37 »

Yes coxix, landed on that a few times, break me does that hurt.

Get it checked IMO James. :)

That's the badger! Cheers mate, I will do! :y

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2012, 21:21:40 »

been a long time since being a paramedic in the LAS BUT if i attended a call where some one had said they blacked out before hitting the floor you would be taken to hospital.. get yourself checked out TONIGHT...and get some one to take you DO NOT DRIVE
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2012, 21:22:37 »

Cheers guys. Just texted the old man in law, see if he'll run me in...

:y

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2012, 21:24:31 »

If the jack went in above your arse that would suggest too high for the cocyx to me, and potentially much more serious. Don't **** about with your back (like TB ;)), get yourself off down the quacks ASAP for a referral for an X-ray. Should probably have taken yourself to A&E at the time!

[edit] Ah, with the power of replies before my post .. I see you're already off to A&E. Good man  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 May 2012, 21:30:12 »

(like TB ;))
Its only pain, it goes away eventually for a while
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #12 on: 13 May 2012, 21:55:29 »

(like TB ;))
Its only pain, it goes away eventually for a while

Last time i had serious pain, a few years ago......i went to A&E, i asked for a painkiller.....they gave me morphine......did a few checks and sent me home, saying see your GP.....

I did see my GP who prescribed me painkillers....few days later i was back at my GP complaining the painkillers he'd prescribed wernt touching the pain......he asked what they'd given me at A&E, when i said morphine, he went off his head.....saying they dish out morphine like sweets....it works but its overkill....so he gave me another prescription.....saying it was the strongest he could prescribe, but no other option as my body was now use to morphine.....

Box of 500 was the prescription.......got about 400 left......wanna buy some  ;D ;D.

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 May 2012, 22:00:56 »

Sounds like quite a major small accident. Hope its nothing serious  :y

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 May 2012, 22:14:02 »

tremadol are the best pain killer....i no....but forget sleep...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.