Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping this morning......  (Read 3143 times)

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Shopping this morning......
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2012, 22:22:21 »

Just needs a trolley and that's exactly the image I conjured up :D
Seriously though, there was alot of discussion on all these products shrinking on Watchdog the other day.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2012, 22:25:05 »

;D ;D ;D ;D dey downt do dat doo day ;D ;D ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 October 2012, 22:25:29 »

calm down calm down

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 October 2012, 22:26:22 »

Ay ay ayyyyyyyyy!

STMO123

« Reply #19 on: 03 October 2012, 06:37:48 »

We are not amused ;D

omega3000

« Reply #20 on: 03 October 2012, 09:35:51 »

Seriously though, there was alot of discussion on all these products shrinking on Watchdog the other day.

All the products have been reduced in size , i mean look at the size of wagon wheels now compared to what they use to be  :(

maria

• Omega Baron
  • Derbyshire
  • I'm proud to be welsh :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2012, 10:07:08 »

We support our local shops were ever possible especially the bakers, grocers, butchers and farm shops. :y Far better quality, you know that the meat is reared with proper care, what breed it is, hung for 28 days etc. The bread is not full of preservatives, home baked cakes,  fresh vegetables and fruit  in season. It may cost a little more in the long run but you get the quality, and meet the producers/ suppliers. :y
We also get our pet supplies from the farm for the dogs and chooks. :y

We use supermarkets for dry goods but as you say the packaging goes down while the price goes up. Who do you think is going to pay for the employers pension contributions under this new scheme :(

if you believe the statement , "you are what you eat" , its more than that..  this chemical Exxx preservatives are all harmful.. and I dont start with hormone feed <put here all kinds of food>

I do too Gleggy and i make all my own cakes and pies extra and they are by far tastier than the shop brought ones and my cakes are that good i make then for pete's mate's at work and they all love them  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2012, 13:01:59 »

Polo defined their product on the basis of giving you less. It only increased their sales. "Polo the mint with the hole!"

Standard size large block of cheese over the last year or so has gone from 400g, to 380g and now 350g at the same price.  :( Aldi 1kg of mince meat is now 800kg for the same price>:(

When a product goes on special offer, you know when it returns to normal it will be more expensive!  >:(

All supermarkets treat their customers with contempt, some more than others and IMHO Tesco is the worst but unfortunately for them too many customers have twigged, which is why their UK sales are falling. Out of the big 4 cartel, Tesco had the biggest profit rise during the depths of the 2008-10 recession where you would normally expect profits to drop. Don't forget "Every little helps" their record profits.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Many one litre cartons of fruit juice .......now 900ml >:(
200g  of coffee...................................now 190g >:(

Usually the robbing bastards leave the packaging the same size. :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2012, 13:04:33 »

All the "in crowd" in Wakefield dress like that. ;)

albitz

« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2012, 13:13:31 »

Steve is very pedantic about spelling usually,so Im a little shocked to see that he omitted four letters from one of the words in the title.
L I F & T are missing between the P and the I. ???

:P ;D

cleggy

« Reply #25 on: 03 October 2012, 13:18:21 »

Polo defined their product on the basis of giving you less. It only increased their sales. "Polo the mint with the hole!"

Standard size large block of cheese over the last year or so has gone from 400g, to 380g and now 350g at the same price.  :( Aldi 1kg of mince meat is now 800kg for the same price>:(

When a product goes on special offer, you know when it returns to normal it will be more expensive!  >:(

All supermarkets treat their customers with contempt, some more than others and IMHO Tesco is the worst but unfortunately for them too many customers have twigged, which is why their UK sales are falling. Out of the big 4 cartel, Tesco had the biggest profit rise during the depths of the 2008-10 recession where you would normally expect profits to drop. Don't forget "Every little helps" their record profits.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Many one litre cartons of fruit juice .......now 900ml >:(
200g  of coffee...................................now 190g >:(

Usually the robbing bastards leave the packaging the same size. :(

That's what I meant to say  :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 October 2012, 13:54:14 »

We support our local shops were ever possible especially the bakers, grocers, butchers and farm shops. :y Far better quality, you know that the meat is reared with proper care, what breed it is, hung for 28 days etc. The bread is not full of preservatives, home baked cakes,  fresh vegetables and fruit  in season. It may cost a little more in the long run but you get the quality, and meet the producers/ suppliers. :y

We use supermarkets for dry goods but as you say the packaging goes down while the price goes up. Who do you think is going to pay for the employers pension contributions under this new scheme :(

if you believe the statement , "you are what you eat" , its more than that..  this chemical Exxx preservatives are all harmful.. and I dont start with hormone feed <put here all kinds of food>

I do too Gleggy and i make all my own cakes and pies extra and they are by far tastier than the shop brought ones and my cakes are that good i make then for pete's mate's at work and they all love them  :y

I like a woman who can cook. Many young women today have little or no culinary skills. :(

It is a woman's duty to keep her man well fed.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 October 2012, 15:43:17 »

It is all clever marketing. I Hate Marketing people with a vengeance.

One example I spotted last year was toothbrush. Suddenly the supermarket stopped selling the one I normally buy. Then a few months later it was back on the shelf - same sized head, bristles but handle slightly different. "New improved" flash and a fifty percent increase in price. Most people get suckered by it.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

omega3000

« Reply #28 on: 03 October 2012, 15:57:38 »

I like a woman who can cook. Many young women today have little or no culinary skills. :(

It is a woman's duty to keep her man well fed.

Aye  :-X A new cooker and oven mitts for xmas is just what swmbo needs  :P You cant beat a freshly made
coffee cake or home made chips  :P

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 October 2012, 16:53:14 »

I am a Trebor mints addict, but our local Sainsburys think I must be stoned on them. For some time they offered multipack of 7 tubes for £2:10.. Right next to them were multipacks of 4 for a £1 each ??? Then onto my ground coffee. Fairtrade Continental blend £4.50 for a 454 gramme pack. Next door, Fairtrade Continental blend £2:00 for a 227 gramme pack ???:-\
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.