Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: wrong fuel  (Read 4279 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: wrong fuel
« Reply #15 on: 03 October 2012, 20:17:29 »

Loverlength... Empty your inbox ;)

i have emptyed my self now :o :o took a while :y

yeah its all that breakfast you eat..millwall will back me up here :y

i might have meant something else ;) i am full of milk at the moment :( :(

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 October 2012, 20:19:40 »

I hate saying this as you know... but your a good lad.. although you did fallout of the ugly tree, hitting every branch  :-*
No, Dazzle, you are confusing the useless Cripple with yourself :P

I thought they both fell from different branches of the ugly tree and landed on top of each other....hence the similar levels of break-uglyness!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 October 2012, 20:48:44 »

I hate saying this as you know... but your a good lad.. although you did fallout of the ugly tree, hitting every branch  :-*
No, Dazzle, you are confusing the useless Cripple with yourself :P

I thought they both fell from different branches of the ugly tree and landed on top of each other....hence the similar levels of break-uglyness!

Love you too Guffers :-* :-* :-*
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 October 2012, 21:14:19 »

Wont be an issue in the 2.8 Dti Mopvano as its a standard distributor style injection pump and not common rail

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 October 2012, 21:46:39 »

Wont be an issue in the 2.8 Dti Mopvano as its a standard distributor style injection pump and not common rail
I thought it was but wasn't 100% certain ;)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 October 2012, 23:27:10 »

thanks guys that will put his mind at ease  :y :y :y

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2012, 21:06:20 »

I think you will be lucky. My brother in law has two cars. A scenic (petrol) and a '04 plate vectra estate (diesel ) He went to local Tesco superstore in his vectra and spent £70 on shopping and got a 10p a litre off fuel voucher. He decided top put some fuel in the vectra on the way out and put £40 worth in. As he put the pump nozzle back into the pump he realised he had put £40 worth of petrol in instead of diesel. He didn't attempt to start the car and pushed it over to a parking bay on the forecourt, went to pay for the fuel, and rang the AA. After some discussion with them he agreed to pay £175 for them to come out and pump out his fuel tank. Apparently this is becoming a common occurence and they have specialy adapted vehiciles to pump out the wrong fuel and take it away. This they did and he then was advised to fill up with diesel straight away. Turned out to be a bloody expensive shopping trip!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2012, 21:56:10 »

I think you will be lucky. My brother in law has two cars. A scenic (petrol) and a '04 plate vectra estate (diesel ) He went to local Tesco superstore in his vectra and spent £70 on shopping and got a 10p a litre off fuel voucher. He decided top put some fuel in the vectra on the way out and put £40 worth in. As he put the pump nozzle back into the pump he realised he had put £40 worth of petrol in instead of diesel. He didn't attempt to start the car and pushed it over to a parking bay on the forecourt, went to pay for the fuel, and rang the AA. After some discussion with them he agreed to pay £175 for them to come out and pump out his fuel tank. Apparently this is becoming a common occurence and they have specialy adapted vehiciles to pump out the wrong fuel and take it away. This they did and he then was advised to fill up with diesel straight away. Turned out to be a bloody expensive shopping trip!

Should have rang Lazydocker and get OOF discount....... :y :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 October 2012, 22:04:02 »

It is a common occurrence... That's why I have set up a business providing the service he received from the AA for less money and more quickly :y Incidentally, he was lucky... £175 is very cheap from the AA (their prices normally start at £220+VAT :o), although I bet he was kept waiting for a fair while ::) We're cheaper and normally out within the hour :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 October 2012, 22:05:44 »

By common, I think it's now about once every 2.5 minutes nationwide :o :o Although not all of those occurrences are of a large enough quantity to require draining ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2012, 22:10:06 »

By common, I think it's now about once every 2.5 minutes nationwide :o :o Although not all of those occurrences are of a large enough quantity to require draining ;)

That sounds pretty common to me..... :o :o :o

albitz

« Reply #26 on: 04 October 2012, 22:12:48 »

This has reminded me LD,I need to speak to you againa bout acquiring some of that misfuel. ;)
I now know why I would need it. :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 October 2012, 22:41:27 »

This has reminded me LD,I need to speak to you againa bout acquiring some of that misfuel. ;)
No worries :y

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2012, 03:35:04 »

are you selling second hand fuel now :D :D 1 carefull owner

latest update van is still running and starting fine but womnt go above 3000 revs someone has advised him that the ecu has gone into safe mode and will need resetting ???

he has now filled the tank right up and await an update tomorrow, incidentilally it was not £20 but £10 of petrol he origonally put in

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2012, 08:13:44 »

I note that there is a device now that is integrated into the petrol pump which sniffs the fuel tank before delivering the fuel. Sounds like a good idea, question is do the fuel companies want to to stop fuel miss delivery.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.