Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Heating and conditioning stoppes in omega 2.2l 2001  (Read 10253 times)

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
Re: Heating and conditioning stoppes in omega 2.2l 2001
« Reply #75 on: 11 December 2012, 18:12:00 »

Im really sorry I cant come and physically help this time Gibby,but circumstances prevent it.I will send you a PM. :y

Sir don't worry, I do understand, don't forget last time you travelled all the way just to help me on the car. I'll try to fix this over the weekend. But a quick question, you remember you suggested that I should do this on the other end and not to the bulhead. So where do the pipes connect to the other end? Thanks sir.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11 December 2012, 18:12:49 »

Im really sorry I cant come and physically help this time Gibby,but circumstances prevent it.I will send you a PM. :y

Sir don't worry, I do understand, don't forget last time you travelled all the way just to help me on the car. I'll try to fix this over the weekend. But a quick question, you remember you suggested that I should do this on the other end and not to the bulhead. So where do the pipes connect to the other end? Thanks sir.
On the HBV. Top pipe @ bulkhead goes to top spigot (of the pair), bottom pipe to bottom spigot
« Last Edit: 11 December 2012, 18:15:38 by RobG »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11 December 2012, 19:58:52 »

On the HBV. Top pipe @ bulkhead goes to top spigot (of the pair), bottom pipe to bottom spigot

Thnks sir for the picture, I really appreciate this. :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 12 December 2012, 09:56:01 »

Gibby.When flushing the matrix you may find it easier to disconnect the other end of the pies,rather than the so called quick release connectors at the bulkhead.The bulkhead connectors are often reluctant to release quickly,slowly or any other way.
But as Rob says,a sure sign of a blocked matrix.Needs flushing through,then refill with new coolant. :y
Hello sir, so in other words I should do flushing through the HBV pipes, or somewhere else? Thanks :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12 December 2012, 11:19:05 »

Can I offer a test procedure so we can get an understanding of what is and what isnt working.

1) With the engine running and hot, set the fan speed to minimum, can it be heard to run?

2) Now set the fan speed to maximum, can it be heard to run louder than in 1).

3) With the fan speed still on full, set the direction control to vents adn ensure tehy are open, is there air coming from the vents? If no, is it either to the screen (check the screen vents at rear of the dash) or the feet (check vents on underside of dash).

4) Set temperature on both drivers and passenger side to Max and the fan speed to mid position, is the air warm or cold, check both the drivers and passengers side individualy. Note, you need to check this where the air was found to be blowing.

Let us know the findings against these tests

The above will tell us:

If the fan speed controller is working correctly
If direction control is working
If the blend flaps are working (both passenger and drivers side)
If the heater bypass is functioning.

albitz

« Reply #80 on: 12 December 2012, 11:21:43 »

Yes.If you remove the two pipes from the HBV and run water through one you should get mucky water come out the end of the other one.Do this until it runs clear,then run the water through in reverse,so that youve flushed it through in both directions.
Knowing where you live I presume a hosepipe isnt a possibilty,and it may freeze in the current temperatures anyway. A few watering cans of warm water may be your only option ?
Dont forget to refill with new coolant and run the engine to let it circulate around the whole ystem when your finished flushing. :y

Just noticed as I was about to post this that Mark DTM has offered advice.Follow that first,but if the conclusion after that is that the matrix still needs flushing then act on the above. ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12 December 2012, 11:24:17 »

Before fluhing matrix, there will be a few more tests to do first, need the results of the above first  :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 12 December 2012, 18:39:49 »

Can I offer a test procedure so we can get an understanding of what is and what isnt working.

1) With the engine running and hot, set the fan speed to minimum, can it be heard to run?

3) With the fan speed still on full, set the direction control to vents adn ensure tehy are open, is there air coming from the vents? If no, is it either to the screen (check the screen vents at rear of the dash) or the feet (check vents on underside of dash).

4) Set temperature on both drivers and passenger side to Max and the fan speed to mid position, is the air warm or cold, check both the drivers and passengers side individualy. Note, you need to check this where the air was found to be blowing.

The above will tell us:

Hi sir, I have failed to go through the instructions you posted because this morning when I started the car I was hearing a fanny sound from the engine (more or less like a tractor). When I removed the timing cover I noted that the water bearing was gone. So I've just bought one and will be replaced tomorrow. Then there after I will carry out the tests and will report back. Thanks very much.

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 12 December 2012, 18:49:36 »

Yes.If you remove the two pipes from the HBV and run water through one you should get mucky water come out the end of the other one.Do this until it runs clear,then run the water through in reverse,so that youve flushed it through in both directions.
Knowing where you live I presume a hosepipe isnt a possibilty,and it may freeze in the current temperatures anyway. A few watering cans of warm water may be your only option ?
Dont forget to refill with new coolant and run the engine to let it circulate around the whole ystem when your finished flushing. :y

Just noticed as I was about to post this that Mark DTM has offered advice.Follow that first,but if the conclusion after that is that the matrix still needs flushing then act on the above. ;)
Hello Sir, thanks for the instructions you've posted, I justed noted this morning that the water pump is gone. I've already bought one from Euro car parts. However, the question is, are there anyhows to remove the pump? I've taken off the three bolts but it seems somehow hard (adamant) to be removed. Once again thanks :-\
« Last Edit: 12 December 2012, 18:53:56 by gibby »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 12 December 2012, 18:56:28 »

Need to remove cambelt...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 12 December 2012, 18:57:50 »

Sure its waterpump, and not a failing cambelt tensioner?
Grumpy old man

Bob G

• Intermediate Member
  • Gloucester
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12 December 2012, 19:03:25 »

Just jumping in after reading the bit about doing the matrix flush from the HBV, as mine has been rem oved and the pipes secured with hose clips I think this would be the easier option especially as I have lumps of LPG plumbing prevent getting a good grab to the quick release clips.

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12 December 2012, 20:18:34 »

Sure its waterpump, and not a failing cambelt tensioner?

Hi sir, just a brief info: when I removed the timing cover, everything there looked fine except the t-belt was a bit loose right hand side. I tried to turn the engine clockwise, all appeared ok. Then after turning on the engine, I noted that the water pump gear was wobbling. I then turned the engine manually to TDC, removed the T-belt, then checked (shake) all gears; all appeared fine except the pump one. :-\

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 17 December 2012, 09:56:39 »

The above will tell us:

Hello Sir, here are the findings after going thru the questions you posted:
1) With the engine running and hot, set the fan speed to minimum, can it be heard to run?  NO
2) Now set the fan speed to maximum, can it be heard to run louder than in 1). YES3) With the fan speed still on full, set the direction control to vents adn ensure tehy are open, is there air coming from the vents? If no, is it either to the screen (check the screen vents at rear of the dash) or the feet (check vents on underside of dash).
VERY LITTLE FROM ALL VENTS

COLD and WEAK
 :y

gibby

• braintree
    • View Profile
Feedback on Heating and conditioning stops in omega 2.2l 2001
« Reply #89 on: 04 January 2013, 18:02:03 »

Hello Dear members,  How goes preparations for Chrismas? With me all is well, only ups and downs here and there.
Any idea, both heating and air conditioning have just stopped working in my omega (Speed Bird). Please if  possible help, its even forming ice inside the windscreen, its really severe.
Thank you in advance.
[/

Hello honourable members, are you having a joyous new year? I’m wishing you the best in this year. I have good news about the heating of my omega. I managed to flush the matrix for almost 40 minutes thus 20 mins one way then 20 mins in reverse. I then flushed the whole system, fill new coolant. Start the engine; turn on the heat on control panel to maximum, then in less than a minute the car was heat up, now the heat is on, good bye to cold! Thanks to you generous members of this forum, you give pieces of advice without charging a penny, may the Lord bless you all. :y :y
« Last Edit: 04 January 2013, 18:06:36 by gibby »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.