Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it new O2 sensors time?  (Read 11003 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Is it new O2 sensors time?
« Reply #75 on: 09 January 2013, 23:32:12 »

Thanks Martin  :y spoke to Steve. PM me day/times you're going round his this weekend as I may be able to come up and lend my services  :y :y :y

On topic again (sorry guys  ::)), it's not guaranteed but I potentially have in't future a fuel rail from a 2.6 V6. Are they exactly the same (including the injectors) as my 2.5 and can they simply be swapped over?  :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 January 2013, 23:47:12 »

Thanks Martin  :y spoke to Steve. PM me day/times you're going round his this weekend as I may be able to come up and lend my services  :y :y :y

On topic again (sorry guys  ::)), it's not guaranteed but I potentially have in't future a fuel rail from a 2.6 V6. Are they exactly the same (including the injectors) as my 2.5 and can they simply be swapped over?  :)

2.6 rail has a different pressure regulator and the injectors are also different.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09 January 2013, 23:49:16 »

2.6 rail has a different pressure regulator and the injectors are also different.

Thanks for confirming mate  :y

If I could source one from another 2.5 though would a straight swap (inc. the injectors) be ok? :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

omega3000

« Reply #78 on: 09 January 2013, 23:55:10 »

If you meant mine webby its a 3.0  :-\ :-\

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09 January 2013, 23:58:17 »

Haha so it is!  ::) Well in that case will a 3L fuel rail be ok to swap over  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #80 on: 10 January 2013, 10:43:17 »

On topic again (sorry guys  ::) ), it's not guaranteed but I potentially have in't future a fuel rail from a 2.6 V6. Are they exactly the same (including the injectors) as my 2.5 and can they simply be swapped over?  :)

Haha so it is!  ::) Well in that case will a 3L fuel rail be ok to swap over  ;D ;D ;D

worth trying imo..

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 10 January 2013, 11:10:20 »

On topic again (sorry guys  ::) ), it's not guaranteed but I potentially have in't future a fuel rail from a 2.6 V6. Are they exactly the same (including the injectors) as my 2.5 and can they simply be swapped over?  :)

worth trying imo..

my thoughts exactly cem.

i know the practise shouldn't be to chuck parts at a car. but all these things added up i can get for a total of around £80. as my only interest is my car i consider it spending money on my hobby  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #82 on: 10 January 2013, 11:35:10 »

worth trying imo..

my thoughts exactly cem.

i know the practise shouldn't be to chuck parts at a car. but all these things added up i can get for a total of around £80. as my only interest is my car i consider it spending money on my hobby  ;D

most car parts are consumables (either short term or long term) except the chasis and special items..

so if you are planning to use the car for a relatively long time there is nothing wrong to purchase new items and also if budget permits..  if today you dont change some parts , next time others pop and the car soon turns into a heap of junk and needs serious money and time to repair..   but UK car owners live in another world where second hand cars are sold for few pennies.. here unless you are in car trade a we expect at least 10+ years from a car when we buy it.. here cars are extremely expensive and we cant change it easily.. :-\

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 10 January 2013, 12:11:52 »

I agree Cem. I think a lot of peeps over here have the ''scrap it and buy another'' mantality. It's just cos the second hand cars (especially migs) are so cheap.
But luckily cos i can do all the work and get trade prices and do some wheeler-dealing it wont work out too costly..... and it'll be fun to put the new parts in  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #84 on: 10 January 2013, 12:45:58 »

I agree Cem. I think a lot of peeps over here have the ''scrap it and buy another'' mantality. It's just cos the second hand cars (especially migs) are so cheap.
But luckily cos i can do all the work and get trade prices and do some wheeler-dealing it wont work out too costly..... and it'll be fun to put the new parts i:y

yep.. and one can learn a lot..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 10 January 2013, 13:17:42 »

I take the opposite view. Original parts will be the best quality parts your car ever sees, so if they are working, leave them be. All pattern parts and some OEM ones are inferior, and second hand they will have as much wear as your current parts, give or take a little.

If you can prove them to be faulty, then, fair enough, replace them, but I wouldn't go changing things just one the supposition that they might make a difference. At best you'll only waste time and money, worst case you'll end up creating a load of new problems for yourself.

Just MHO. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 10 January 2013, 14:07:32 »

I take the opposite view. Original parts will be the best quality parts your car ever sees, so if they are working, leave them be. All pattern parts and some OEM ones are inferior, and second hand they will have as much wear as your current parts, give or take a little.

If you can prove them to be faulty, then, fair enough, replace them, but I wouldn't go changing things just one the supposition that they might make a difference. At best you'll only waste time and money, worst case you'll end up creating a load of new problems for yourself.

Just MHO. ;)

+1 if it aint broke,don't fix it :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 10 January 2013, 17:52:09 »

Thanks for the input guys  :y I totally understand what you mean. I had a plan to replace one thing at a time and test consumption under same driving conditions and get the results as to whether that change helped  :y

I have found a MAF from Ralf (thought I'd forgot to take it out when I scrapped Ralf) and it's the same oval fitting  8) so I'm going to stick that in as my first port of call to see if that makes any difference. If not I have a spare MAF  8) So that's item one so so far its not cost me owt.

Next thing is (I know you didn't recommend it but...) my mam took the car to a local MOT tester and parted with £5 to get the exhaust emissions results. Whether this makes a difference I don't know but it's something thats crossed off the list as the bloke said the emissions are perfect  8) here's the results.....

Fast Idle Test:       RPM-2590 (Test between 2500 and 3000 RPM)       
CO - 0.02% Vol (Max - 0.20)
HC - 9PPM (Max - 200ppm)
Lambda - 1.26 (Min - 0.970. Max - 1.030)

Natural Idle Test:    RPM - 630 (Test between 450 and 1500 RPM)
CO - 0.01% Vol (Max - 0.30)

OVERALL EXHAUST EMISSIONS - PASS

Engine tested on warm engine.

All things passed. What do we make of those figures. The guy said really good. Not sure what that Lambda test shows - can anyone tell me?  :-\
« Last Edit: 10 January 2013, 17:53:40 by Webby the Bear »
RIP Paul Lovejoy

martin42

« Reply #88 on: 10 January 2013, 17:54:29 »

is the car being used around town on short trips

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 10 January 2013, 17:55:46 »

is the car being used around town on short trips

yes mate. sadly. on ALL town driving and short trips (lots of 2-5 mile trips) it worked out at 19.5mpg i was getting. wondering if thats actually normal
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.