Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Poll

How would you have voted if you were an MP ?

Would have voted for the bill
- 10 (21.3%)
Would have voted against the bill
- 30 (63.8%)
Dont know
- 3 (6.4%)
Mind your own business,I was never confused
- 4 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: 08 February 2013, 20:38:34

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay marriage vote.  (Read 18409 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Gay marriage vote.
« Reply #45 on: 06 February 2013, 14:04:36 »

Also....this word 'tolerant'. If you were black or gay, would you be happy for someone to 'tolerate' you? It says to me "I don't like you but I will 'tolerate' you. Say thank you".

Methinks you need to look up the definition of the word ... :)

As you probably won't ...

tol·er·ate 
/ˈtäləˌrāt/
Verb

Allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
    Accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.

I've highlighted the important bits for you .. :)

STMO123

« Reply #46 on: 06 February 2013, 14:14:14 »

Also....this word 'tolerant'. If you were black or gay, would you be happy for someone to 'tolerate' you? It says to me "I don't like you but I will 'tolerate' you. Say thank you".

tol·er·ate 
/ˈtäləˌrāt/
Verb

Allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
    Accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.

I dont need you, or anyone else, to highlight anything for me, thank you. The dictionary definition is, more or less, exactly what I said. Endure= put up with. Forebearance= keeping quiet when you feel like punching someone.
We all have to 'tolerate' every day. Pedantic, self-righteous twits are very difficult to 'tolerate' sometimes though. Highlight that.

STMO123

« Reply #47 on: 06 February 2013, 14:25:56 »

BTW, did anyone notice the picture caption that the limp-wristed, PC BBC put up when reporting this story. Two (male) hands entwined, both wearing rings on the wedding finger, one black and one white. ;D  ;D ;D
What we need is a great big melting pot...................sing along now.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06 February 2013, 14:29:22 »

tol·er·ate 
/ˈtäləˌrāt/
Verb

I dont need you, or anyone else, to highlight anything for me, thank you. The dictionary definition is, more or less, exactly what I said. Endure= put up with. Forebearance= keeping quiet when you feel like punching someone.
We all have to 'tolerate' every day. Pedantic, self-righteous twits are very difficult to 'tolerate' sometimes though. Highlight that.

Looking in the mirror are we ???

Everyone here is entitled to a point of view ... yours is not the only valid one .. although you apparently think it is.

STMO123

« Reply #49 on: 06 February 2013, 14:30:49 »

That took a while, Nige. Sadly, not worth the wait.

STMO123

« Reply #50 on: 06 February 2013, 14:32:02 »

And, as everyone knows, of course mine is the only valid point of view.

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06 February 2013, 14:46:02 »

Marriage however,has been between a man and woman,the world over for centuries.
Marriage is just a tool used by the society within which we live though, doesn't mean that it is 'right', or that it should be aspired to. I love my Mrs and intend to spend the rest of my life with her, hopefully. Why should we need an expensive piece of paper to declare our intentions? And why should we be financially penalised for living together rather than living as a married couple?

I wonder is there any Gay OOF members on here ? ...Personally i'm against it, The thought of 2 men together is sickening to say the least (but) 2 women hmmm  :-X ;D
So, 2 gay men is sickening but 2 gay women is acceptable? ???  ::)
I reckon it's to do with the lure of boobs, they have to hold an attraction for both males and females ,to do with breast feeding!

If we accept that religion is more a business than anything else then the church surely has the right to deal with customers how it likes.
Not really because the 'Church' in our society has (or maybe HAD) a powerful influence on how every day people live their lives.

;D Although you do occasionally make a valid point...
What most people tend to lose sight of is this one fact: Most ordinary, everyday folk are racist, sexist and homophobic. Just accept that fact and things will become much more clear.
Oh.....and the introduction of laws to try to change what is basic human nature will fail....every time.
Life of all types on this planet does seem brutal and harsh and if we (mankind) weren't arguing about sky fairies (no pun intended), or skin colour, or trying to batter some weaker individual then we'd probably all top our selves...

feeutfo

« Reply #52 on: 06 February 2013, 14:54:12 »

Nope, mine is. :P

...and I don't buy the opposing position your giving us on this topic. Its the modern era Esta. It's ok to show your gay side in public these days. Rather than grooming me with camera phone pictures.  ::)  :'(

Hurry up and get married, then you can stop harassing me!  >:(

;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06 February 2013, 15:00:43 »

just realised how much i have missed this site  ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #54 on: 06 February 2013, 15:02:52 »

Marriage however,has been between a man and woman,the world over for centuries.
Marriage is just a tool used by the society within which we live though, doesn't mean that it is 'right', or that it should be aspired to. I love my Mrs and intend to spend the rest of my life with her, hopefully. Why should we need an expensive piece of paper to declare our intentions? And why should we be financially penalised for living together rather than living as a married couple?

I wonder is there any Gay OOF members on here ? ...Personally i'm against it, The thought of 2 men together is sickening to say the least (but) 2 women hmmm  :-X ;D
So, 2 gay men is sickening but 2 gay women is acceptable? ??? ::)
I reckon it's to do with the lure of boobs, they have to hold an attraction for both males and females ,to do with breast feeding!

If we accept that religion is more a business than anything else then the church surely has the right to deal with customers how it likes.
Not really because the 'Church' in our society has (or maybe HAD) a powerful influence on how every day people live their lives.

;D Although you do occasionally make a valid point...
What most people tend to lose sight of is this one fact: Most ordinary, everyday folk are racist, sexist and homophobic. Just accept that fact and things will become much more clear.
Oh.....and the introduction of laws to try to change what is basic human nature will fail....every time.
Life of all types on this planet does seem brutal and harsh and if we (mankind) weren't arguing about sky fairies (no pun intended), or skin colour, or trying to batter some weaker individual then we'd probably all top our selves...

good question..

feeutfo

« Reply #55 on: 06 February 2013, 15:03:26 »

just realised how much i have missed this site  ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Hahaay, look, Mr Lovejoy is back. :y

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06 February 2013, 15:06:58 »

yes been away for a while i met this coloured cross dressing scotsman, he said he loved me and was going to marry me but turned out he just wanted to ride me like a horse until he could not tolerate me any more :o :o

feeutfo

« Reply #57 on: 06 February 2013, 15:08:12 »

And instantly you thought of us. ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06 February 2013, 15:11:46 »

well i was going to phone the gay help line, but Jamie never answered the phone so whats a man to do ;D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #59 on: 06 February 2013, 15:16:51 »

Sadly it does seem to be a common economic saving, to have a web site rather than man a phone line. He often makes himself available here though.  :y

...I just wish I'd known the true purpose of the site before I signed up.  :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.