- 0 (0%)
I'm retarded
- 1 (2.6%)
Being selfish, 'dangle berries' to other road users
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: 25 February 2013, 09:49:16

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lane hoggers  (Read 5451 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Lane hoggers
« on: 23 February 2013, 09:49:16 »

Driving down the M40 yesterday, mostly up the inside lane, as the outside 2 we full of lane hoggers going slow, it struck me how bad UK drivers are. By bad, I mean self-centred knobs - "I'm alright Jack, sod you".

Given the number of cars I saw prepared to use the inside lane yesterday, I reckon there must be about 8000 members on OOF who believe using the inside lane is a slur on their penile performance.

So, why do people lane hog?

(Auto Addict - you are excluded from the poll, as due to your extreme age, its perfectly acceptable for you to do 45mph in the middle lane, if that man with the red gets out of the way)
Grumpy old man

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
Re: Lane hoggers
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2013, 10:01:18 »

Driving down the M40 yesterday, mostly up the inside lane, as the outside 2 we full of lane hoggers going slow, it struck me how bad UK drivers are. By bad, I mean self-centred knobs - "I'm alright Jack, sod you".

Given the number of cars I saw prepared to use the inside lane yesterday, I reckon there must be about 8000 members on OOF who believe using the inside lane is a slur on their penile performance.

(Auto Addict - you are excluded from the poll, as due to your extreme age, its perfectly acceptable for you to do 45mph in the middle lane, if that man with the red gets out of the way)
7999 then because I dont believe in that.- TB your right about M40 full of tards though-used to go to Banbury to see a mate and every time would see a loon in a Merc or Audi fly past me only to slam brakes on because some muppet pootling along in right hand lane :D
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2013, 10:16:58 »

I have held a licence since Oct of 2007, so I'm hardly experienced. But, I find myself getting frustrated with people who simply don't understand how to use the motorway.

I was taught, to keep left at all times, to use lane 1 when practical. Lanes 2 or 3 to complete overtakes, then return to the left.
The use of indicators also annoys me, sometime the complete lack of application, or too few flashes. Again, I was taught you indicate, then move and the amount of flashes is relative to your speed. I.e. at 70 mph, there should be approx 7. There is also no need to signal to move over left, as there is the assumption of keep left at all times.

I fail to understand how people don't know what to do?
Like you TB, I travelled back on the M40 yesterday, and it was shocking.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2013, 10:18:48 »

:(
I like red cars

ted_one

« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2013, 10:22:56 »

A lot of the time it's peoples own perception of motorway driving,mainly because they have never been taught the correct way to use the motorway, so they just do it their way and because of the high level of arrogance mixed with a low level skill base you get the situation that you describe.Also I think that there's almost a zero police presence on our motorways now days and as for an example,our recent trip up too Derbyshire for the Red Baron's meet was nearly 370 miles round trip and I never saw a police car or a Highways agency vehicle at any time throughout.So to me the motorways are a place that you can either do your best or your worst,I live in the hope  that it's only the nobheads that come to grief through their selfish ways but sadly it's not always the case ::)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2013, 10:23:26 »

I will say, after driving on the M40 the other week, I overtook a Mondeo who was hogging the middle lane, nearside lane empty, signaled to change lanes, about to then join the inside lane, and just noticed in time a BMW undercutting the Mondeo at about 100+ miles per hour.
I like red cars

ZacVegas

• Southampton
  • Beer, nothing else matters
    • 2000 'X' Omega 2.5CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2013, 10:26:57 »

I see it every day while I'm trucking up and down the country, have to undertake cars and vans most days. >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2013, 10:42:31 »

I will say, after driving on the M40 the other week, I overtook a Mondeo who was hogging the middle lane, nearside lane empty, signaled to change lanes, about to then join the inside lane, and just noticed in time a BMW undercutting the Mondeo at about 100+ miles per hour.
I did similar on the way to WIM a few weeks back. Knowing I needed to fill the car before geometry, I was in a hurry, maybe breaking the speed limit slightly ::). Nothing on the M40, except some tard in the middle lane. I was going to go around him, to try to make him feel a idiot, but I noticed a long way back a car was approaching very quickly, so I undertook, probably at about 50mph faster than him (he was tootling, nowhere near the speed limit), as the fast Merc flew past him in the outside lane, at I'd guess, well over double the limit. Well over.

Still, the tard didn't get the hint, and just carried on.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2013, 10:43:09 »

Too much trouble for the lane hogging tards to turn on an indicator  >:(
Also add that yesterday a lorry pulled out to overtake while on his mobile , 5 minutes later while still making no headway past another lorry he realizes there is a 4 mile tail back behind him , puts down his phone and pulls back in behind the lorry  >:( >:( >:( A quick blast to him on passing and he gives the finger  :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2013, 10:50:21 »

Sat behind them some times with full beam on, still don't get message  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2013, 11:11:08 »

Sat behind them some times with full beam on, still don't get message  >:(
They are the type most likely to brake test you, accusing you of tailgating  >:(

If the shits drove with some consideration for others, you wouldn't need to.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 23 February 2013, 11:14:40 »

Renault megane hogging the middle lane yesterday , thick black smoke pouring out of it and oblivious to the smoke screen he was leaving for us all ::)

albitz

« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2013, 11:17:58 »

There should be a seperate test for motorway driving after the initial test has been passed imo.

ted_one

« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2013, 11:25:23 »

I used to be a PCV instructor and as part of the preparation for the driving test we were allowed to use the motorways as for all heavies it's part of the test, and co-incidently we were out on the M40 near Oxford when we overtook a Polish registered heavy and as the coach drew level with it I happened to glance over into the cab of the truck, in all honesty if I had'nt seen it..this guy was eating a full meal from a sort of fixed tray and just to compliment his home comforts he had a DVD running as well.He saw us looking at him and he gave us the thumbs up :o  I must admit I did call it in but I never had any feed back from the police.
When you see some of the major accidents that happen on the motorways,do you ever ask your self 'how did that happen'? Eating your dinner,watching a dvd instead of the road,having minimal control of a 38 tonner,  Hmm now let me think :-\

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2013, 12:04:41 »

I always stick to the outside lane as I'm always going faster than every one else :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.