Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: poor power 2.5 td  (Read 5942 times)

Kammy

• South Yorkshire
    • '99 2.5 TD Ellite Manual
    • View Profile
Re: poor power 2.5 td
« Reply #45 on: 16 May 2013, 22:17:51 »

Mine never had any problems pickining up from low revs. Although it was a 99S on a manual, the engine pulled well. Saying that its currently dead due to a wiring fault so let me know if you need any parts and i'll see if I can help.

Kam

Garza

• Teesside north east
    • Cdx 2.5 td manual estate
    • View Profile
Re: poor power 2.5 td
« Reply #46 on: 17 May 2013, 22:46:57 »

I've had my 2.5 td (manual) for a few months now and I'd agree I was utterly disappointed with the sluggishness of the car. It wasn't inspiring at all, In fact I was g to move it on because it felt I couldn't hack how hard work it was to drive.
After a full service and some addition of diesel treatment I noticed very little difference.
And thought the only way I can remedy this is with a chip tune. Now I phoned a few local tuning centres and they couldn't get hold of the chip set needed to tune this car.
but I was given a number for a lad who does the chips for these.
I got a chip off him and my car is a world away from what I started with.
It boosts and pulls from around 1500 rpm. Rather than 2500 and i would recommend this route without hesitation. How ever you need to find someone who is willing to unsolder your chip and resolder a dill socket in to your ecu. Once this is done I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.