Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a quote from VX for some parts.  (Read 13280 times)

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
Re: Had a quote from VX for some parts.
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2013, 14:52:20 »

vx prices make me angery  >:( >:( >:(
yes granted-but you get what you pay for ;)
yes riptoff >:( >:(

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2013, 14:56:41 »

yep-how they can charge so much is beyond a joke mate-I use 90% pattern parts on silver shed and no problems so far :y
What killed my engine was head gaskets went south :'( still got coffee table from it ;)
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2013, 16:19:08 »

yep-how they can charge so much is beyond a joke mate-I use 90% pattern parts on silver shed and no problems so far :y
What killed my engine was head gaskets went south :'( still got coffee table from it ;)
i have used patten parts for years never had any problem with them :y :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2013, 17:51:01 »

What a bloody bitch of a job to put spark plugs in  >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2013, 19:08:43 »

I'll do your V6s ..... you do SWMBO's Smart  ::)  ::) http://www.theroadster.net/trc/modules/articles/article.php?id=118

Both use 6 plugs, but I know which I'd prefer to do. The Omega's are a piece of cake..  ;)  ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 May 2013, 19:18:15 »

I'll do your V6s ..... you do SWMBO's Smart  ::)  ::) http://www.theroadster.net/trc/modules/articles/article.php?id=118

Both use 6 plugs, but I know which I'd prefer to do. The Omega's are a piece of cake..  ;)  ;)
:o :o :o ;D

Drivers side was fine passenger side  :o haven't used so many swear words like that in a while  ;D

Compared to the 2.2 petrol what a job the V6 is took 2 hours roughly everything in the way. But it's all done now ruining sweet as a nut.. It had NGK R quads spark plugs In it pretty worn .

Aux belt tomorrow if I'm not too stiff  :D

Smart car has 6 plugs then ?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 May 2013, 21:05:49 »

:o :o :o ;D

Drivers side was fine passenger side  :o haven't used so many swear words like that in a while  ;D

Compared to the 2.2 petrol what a job the V6 is took 2 hours roughly everything in the way. But it's all done now ruining sweet as a nut.. It had NGK R quads spark plugs In it pretty worn .

Aux belt tomorrow if I'm not too stiff  :D

Smart car has 6 plugs then ?

As per my link  ;)  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 May 2013, 21:07:06 »

Compared to the 2.2 petrol what a job the V6 is took 2 hours roughly everything in the way.  .....

What were doing?  ???  ;D They're not that bad to do.  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2013, 21:39:32 »

Compared to the 2.2 petrol what a job the V6 is took 2 hours roughly everything in the way.  .....

What were doing?  ???  ;D They're not that bad to do.  :y
1st time I've done plugs on a V6 Omega, the problem was I couldn't remove the wires in the casing above passenger side along with pipes in the way, coil pack stuck, etc. But it's over with now Thank God lol won't need to be done again in my ownership hopefully  :o

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 May 2013, 21:42:27 »

1st time I've done plugs on a V6 Omega, the problem was I couldn't remove the wires in the casing above passenger side along with pipes in the way, coil pack stuck, etc. But it's over with now Thank God lol won't need to be done again in my ownership hopefully  :o

and there's less 'stuff' on the passenger side of your engine than there is on a none DBW car.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 May 2013, 21:43:42 »

and there's less 'stuff' on the passenger side of your engine than there is on a none DBW car.  ;)  ;)  ;)
Yep true  :o .

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 May 2013, 21:46:46 »

I just love working on my 4 pot, when I had to remove exhaust downpipe for new flexi, all so easy, reach into engine bay to do work, bags of room. Underneath every thing can clearly be seen, nothing difficult to gain access to. Really enjoyable engine to work on, unlike bloody V6's.

Although I did change a DIS pack in less than an hour on MotherT's 3.0  :)

People moaning about Vx prices does make me laugh though, they are actually very reasonable when using Trade club. Have you seen how much Audi parts are  :o :o :o

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 May 2013, 21:50:44 »

I just love working on my 4 pot, when I had to remove exhaust downpipe for new flexi, all so easy, reach into engine bay to do work, bags of room. Underneath every thing can clearly be seen, nothing difficult to gain access to. Really enjoyable engine to work on, unlike bloody V6's.

People moaning about Vx prices does make me laugh though, they are actually very reasonable when using Trade club. Have you seen how much Audi parts are  :o :o :o
Aye the humble 2.2 is lovely to work on compared to V6s plenty of room, Did the spark plugs not long ago on the 2.2 took 10-15min easy.

VX prices are fine for most things but things like Cam Belt kits are probably best bought elsewhere if you don't have access to TC.

I'd image Audi would be similar to BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc in prices for parts  :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25 May 2013, 21:53:10 »

Aye the humble 2.2 is lovely to work on compared to V6s plenty of room, Did the spark plugs not long ago on the 2.2 took 10-15min easy.

VX prices are fine for most things but things like Cam Belt kits are probably best bought elsewhere if you don't have access to TC.

I'd image Audi would be similar to BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc in prices for parts  :-\

I think all their prices are very good, £100 now I think for a set of disc's and pads. Most other big cars its £100+ for each disc!

Oil is brilliant value too, around £45 for 20L.

Ok a coil pack for 2.2 was £100, but did last around 120k.

Things like springs I go pattern & few other bits, but mostly genuine as they last so much longer.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25 May 2013, 21:56:01 »

I think all their prices are very good, £100 now I think for a set of disc's and pads. Most other big cars its £100+ for each disc!

Oil is brilliant value too, around £45 for 20L.

Ok a coil pack for 2.2 was £100, but did last around 120k.

Things like springs I go pattern & few other bits, but mostly genuine as they last so much longer.

Yep worth it long term if your planning on keeping the car  :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.