Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Aux Belt Tensioner.  (Read 7980 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Aux Belt Tensioner.
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2013, 20:46:40 »

Not imo no.It costs nothing to grease it,and if the problem is a dry bearing then it will be solved.If its a knackered bearing it will soon be obvious so then replace the pulley. ;)
Will give it a try tomorrow if the weather ain't too bad, was okay with the old Aux belt.

The new belt might just be a tad shorter, hence adding a little more pressure to the bearing.

I agree with Albs above, greasing it might just extend your current tensioner's life a little .......... if not, you'll be replacing it later rather than sooner  :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2013, 21:00:39 »

What about a Used one from OSP  :-\

Is this the correct pulley I wonder
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380464770478?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D380464770478%26_rdc%3D1

This is the pulley with the tensioner .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350299876425?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D350299876425%26_rdc%3D1

I'd not even consider changing the whole tensioner.

Re the roller for £13 .... you might as well buy a new one for a bit more. You've no idea what state the used one is in - it might be about to fail ... it might not! Who knows  ;)

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2013, 21:49:58 »

id replace if it was me or you may end up with a engine in bits like me when pully siezes and shreds belt putting some into your cambelt, this makes it jump teeth and clatter valves, 13 quid or 200 for the rebuild, the choice is yours
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2013, 22:05:25 »

Will have to wait till Tuesday thanks to the bloody useless bank Holliday to call VX for a quote. But will still try and grease up it tomorrow till I receive the new part.  :y unless the VX dealer I use will insist the pulley isn't available on its own but with the tensioner  ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2013, 22:06:35 »

Will have to wait till Tuesday thanks to the bloody useless bank Holliday to call VX for a quote. But will still try and grease up it tomorrow till I receive the new part.  :y unless the VX dealer I use will insist the pulley isn't available on its own but with the tensioner  ::)

Rob G will give you a part number for the pulley on its own ......  ;) ;) ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2013, 22:08:03 »

Rob G will give you a part number for the pulley on its own ......  ;) ;) ;)
He did mate  post #11 :y Hopefully VX won't be awkward.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2013, 22:13:54 »

New pulley about £24 on TC last time I bought one.  Not worth buying 2nd hand, and not worth putting link to complete tensioner when advice is to replace pulley only ::) ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2013, 22:26:35 »

New pulley about £24 on TC last time I bought one.  Not worth buying 2nd hand, and not worth putting link to complete tensioner when advice is to replace pulley only ::) ;)
was having trouble finding one on eBay so put link with tensioner so I could be sure that would be the pulley I needed, How much would it be standard then don't have TC.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2013, 22:30:24 »

was having trouble finding one on eBay so put link with tensioner so I could be sure that would be the pulley I needed, How much would it be standard then don't have TC.

Dunno mate - always use TC - cost effective  :y :y

You could always try AndC ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2013, 22:33:20 »

Show off  ::) ;D I'll try and email AndyC and get a quote at local VX whoever can deliver quickest get my cash (if not much difference in price) nothing worse than waiting about.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2013, 22:46:24 »

Show off  ::) ;D I'll try and email AndyC and get a quote at local VX whoever can deliver quickest get my cash (if not much difference in price) nothing worse than waiting about.

Not showing off - most on here know that TC is very cost effective way of buying Vx parts, and most dealers (mine will) give trade prices on non-tc items.  If you read old threads you will see the benefits of TC ownership ::) ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2013, 22:54:24 »

Not showing off - most on here know that TC is very cost effective way of buying Vx parts, and most dealers (mine will) give trade prices on non-tc items.  If you read old threads you will see the benefits of TC ownership ::) ;)
I've said many times before I would but no point no VX accept it around here.

CG2

« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2013, 01:02:40 »

Clearly I'm the only one that thinks something's rubbing on the cam belt cover....?

If its was tensioner pulley related the noise would be twice or even three times quicker, no?

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 May 2013, 01:11:40 »

Clearly I'm the only one that thinks something's rubbing on the cam belt cover....?

If its was tensioner pulley related the noise would be twice or even three times quicker, no?
It is the tensioner pulley I've ruled it out to be that but will be 100% sure soon enough  :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.