Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip off  (Read 1541 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Rip off
« on: 18 June 2008, 16:41:58 »

Insurance companies, I hate them. Our building and contents is due on the 26th so I got a call today asking what I thought of the quote they posted out and while he's on the phone would I like to cough up for the next year. "No" I said "I want to have a look to see if its the best deal" You wont get a better deal he said" "Watch me" I replied. So first things first I go to Zurichs web site as thats who were with and typed in the exact details they have sent on the renewal and it came up with a price of £244.95, £113.73 cheaper than the quote they have just posted to me. I think they hope people will just pay up and not check around. Theiving buggers >:( Im not going to do anything, im going to wait for the scrote to phone me again and tell him where he can stick his quote ::)
Retired

Growler

Re: Rip off
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2008, 16:46:15 »

good for you, they pray on people being loyal, no such thing in business, go for the best deal you can. :y

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2008, 17:09:47 »

thinking same pete been with zurich for car for three years never shopped around and paying £400 a year  :o :o

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2008, 17:33:31 »

We change every insurance policy every year.

Direct line sent our buildings and contents renewal and it was up 40% despite no claims or changes.

Like you pete i told them where to stick it  >:(
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Plomien

• Omega Baron
  • Swansea
  • Rescue the beer and drink the maiden
    • Landrover Freelander TD4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2008, 17:49:09 »

I always check for mine both house and car.
although i have been lucky with my house one (with halifax) and they covered my pc when it blew up (it went bang with smoke coming out of it)
car insurance I change regularly and am currently with Kwik fit worked out cheapest and got a free MOT as well.
best to check places like moneysupermarket.com and othe compare sites.
No more Omega but still hangs around

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2008, 18:29:02 »

Insurance companies, I hate them. Our building and contents is due on the 26th so I got a call today asking what I thought of the quote they posted out and while he's on the phone would I like to cough up for the next year. "No" I said "I want to have a look to see if its the best deal" You wont get a better deal he said" "Watch me" I replied. So first things first I go to Zurichs web site as thats who were with and typed in the exact details they have sent on the renewal and it came up with a price of £244.95, £113.73 cheaper than the quote they have just posted to me. I think they hope people will just pay up and not check around. Theiving buggers >:( Im not going to do anything, im going to wait for the scrote to phone me again and tell him where he can stick his quote ::)

If you could be bothered I think you have a good case to go to the ombudsman with that Pete.  He was clearly lying to you in all practical senses of the word.

I just renewed having gone to confused.com.  It actually came out with Post Office being the cheapest (also who i was with previously), but their system wouldn't let me buy it as I was an existing customer >:(.  So now I am with Bell (a fiver more..).  Post Orifice renewal 165 quid,  Post Orifice on internet 135 quid, Bell 140.  Very happy.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2008, 19:21:10 »

good for you, they pray on people being loyal, no such thing in business, go for the best deal you can. :y
Complacency is the best freind of the institutions
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2008, 19:30:33 »

I think the Internet heps us, I can't see Insurance Brokers lasting much longer for general insurance.
I halved out house and contents by moving from the Halifax to More than.
I think, as said, deals are out there you just have to look, the internet makes this easy. ;D ;D ;D

stuart30

« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2008, 20:10:26 »

Its not often i can actually say im happy too recommend an insurance company but i will say Direct line exceeded all my expectations.

Laptop screen dead....quick phone call and was advised they always pass on claims of this type (straight forward) to a 3rd party who would be in contact with in 48 hrs.

Original call was made at 8.30am and by 12pm received a call and a very polite helpful lady said your laptop to replace like for like would cost £500 ish (forgot to ,mention i paid £75 for it  ;D) Ive found a slightly better spec online with PC world specs are blah blah and its £600 would that be acceptable. :o

After i said id accept they said  voucher would be with me with in 5 working days....next morning i have the voucher,so within 24 hrs of initial phone call Ive been paid out and heading out too buy new lappy.

Now that's what i call service.

Just over two weeks later my policy is up for renewal....the price including claim was far higher than i was willing too pay so after finding cheapest online policy (Tesco i believe) phoned Direct line and even with the claim id just made they were happy to match the other quote.

Really cannot knock them at all........ :y
« Last Edit: 18 June 2008, 20:11:53 by stuart30 »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2008, 21:02:29 »

My house is late victorian 1891 .
The insurance company tells me that buildings insurance is much more than a comparable modern box.
Due to the fact that they dont make them like they used to.
That is because it would cost much more to rebuild.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2008, 08:15:14 »

Ljay had the same with direct line a year or 2 ago.

Stupid renewal quote....

I trawlled the web, got one a lot cheaper.....

With direct line, cancelled, and retook out, saved a fortune!

I'm only brand loyal to my wallet!
« Last Edit: 19 June 2008, 08:15:44 by jimbob »

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 June 2008, 09:51:00 »

I thought I was getting a great deal from Saga from the point of view of extra benefits etc. but found increased coverage, including 'away from home' losses of personal items, and interest free monthly instalments, at a saving of £120 from ING. (Underwritten by AXA, btw). I'll still shop around next year to make sure it's still the best deal available.
Comparison sites can be useful, but I found the very cheapest didn't always give the cover I wanted.

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 June 2008, 18:59:37 »

Pete, you have no idea.  >:(
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
  • Whats in the fridge today? Beer and Sausages....UM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 June 2008, 19:47:48 »

My old dear has just saved 300 on her house insurance. She had been with CIS for 20 odd years and didnt like to leave them!!!!

Since... I have changed car insurances, gas, electric, phone and sky package. About 980 a year saved!

She is made up and spending the savings on a cruise for their wedding aniversary.  :y :y

I usually change and go with the cheapest each time. I do find u switch to be great, cheaper the the other comparrison sites.  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 June 2008, 21:02:36 »

I have been looking, today, for insurance for my stepson on his new scooter, quotes between £282.00 and over £1200.00 how can there be such a variance. 16, licence for a week and tomorrow his CBT all kids, well most, start from the same stance so do not understant the differences.
 :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.