Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: speeding fine.  (Read 5029 times)

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
  • Garden City, North Wales
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
speeding fine.
« on: 07 September 2014, 08:27:54 »

Is there a time limit in which to expect the paperwork to come to my house for a speeding offence? Its been 17 days since I committed the crime of the century and still waiting for the postman? :'(

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • Mondeo TXS-Jaguar XJ40x2
    • View Profile
Re: speeding fine.
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2014, 08:38:58 »

Quite a bit on the net about Speeding and Notice of Intended prosecution!

http://www.nopenaltypoints.co.uk/does-nip-have-be-served-within-14-days.html
Mike.

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2014, 08:50:05 »

Hmmm I seeee... Still time for the postman to bring me bad news then. :-\

Rog

« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2014, 08:58:06 »

I'm in the same boat. Got flashed on the M25 on Thursday, expecting a letter in the post at some stage  :(

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2014, 09:07:14 »

Its £100 fine now too...

Rog

« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2014, 09:41:56 »

Its £100 fine now too...

It's the points that really bother me, and I've already done a speed awareness course so they won't let me do another one for a while.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2014, 09:54:51 »

Is there a time limit in which to expect the paperwork to come to my house for a speeding offence? Its been 17 days since I committed the crime of the century and still waiting for the postman? :'(

I've recently challenged the 14 day notice and it does stand, providing the car details and your address are correct, and have been for a while. Basically, they will send it to the registered keeper, so they have no obligation to chase you through recently changed address/V5 details etc. If you have been the registered keeper for a while and haven't moved recently you could be alright, as my letter states that the 14 days is a rule not a guideline.

Incidentally I failed, even though mine arrived 26 days after the offence, because the car was purchased through a car scheme, so the NIP went to them first.  ::) :'(

Assuming yours does arrive, and you meet the criteria above, you'd have a definite case. I was kindly pointed in the right direction by fellow OOFer LC0112G.  :y

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2014, 09:56:18 »

Assuming I don't get off on a technicality (not getting paperwork within legal time frame) these will be the first points ive ever had... Would pay £200 fine just to keep licence clean

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 September 2014, 09:58:52 »

I had my licence in me at the time I was stopped and all details was confirmed there amd then so no chasing up info on me.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 September 2014, 10:01:43 »

If it hasn't arrived by now and if you havn't moved or changed car recently then I'd say your OK. But......  :-\

Incidentally, talking about the M25, has anyone ever had a ticket from one of those overhead gantry cameras through the variable speed limit sections.  ???  Nobody ever seems to take any notice of them, but I did zip under one whilst 'pressing on' a bit the other day.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2014, 10:34:38 »

If it hasn't arrived by now and if you havn't moved or changed car recently then I'd say your OK. But......  :-\

Incidentally, talking about the M25, has anyone ever had a ticket from one of those overhead gantry cameras through the variable speed limit sections.  ???  Nobody ever seems to take any notice of them, but I did zip under one whilst 'pressing on' a bit the other day.  ::)
I find it frustrating when I have been careful to go under a gantry at the posted speed and cars have gone whizzing passed me because they know that it is one of the gantries that doesn't have cameras on  >:(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

chrisgixer

« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2014, 10:49:17 »

I had my licence in me at the time I was stopped and all details was confirmed there amd then so no chasing up info on me.

Don't they issue a speeding ticket on the spot if they stop you in person? Unless you ask for court proceedings.... Or has that changed now? :-\

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2014, 11:03:22 »

Ah, that changes things as you have already been notified in that case, so the usual 14 days may not apply.  :-\

Don't they issue a speeding ticket on the spot if they stop you in person? Unless you ask for court proceedings.... Or has that changed now? :-\

My thoughts exactly, so my previous post does not apply.  :-\

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

chrisgixer

« Reply #13 on: 07 September 2014, 11:25:42 »

I find it frustrating when I have been careful to go under a gantry at the posted speed and cars have gone whizzing passed me because they know that it is one of the gantries that doesn't have cameras on  >:(

It's probably more that they can see there's no white lines at the side of the lanes. Therefor, you can know as well. ;)

vauxsull

• Omega Knight
    • 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 September 2014, 11:32:34 »

The ticket I got on the roadside says I don't need to do anything but wait for further correspondence
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.