Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brake master cylinder  (Read 6685 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Brake master cylinder
« Reply #45 on: 21 July 2015, 17:01:12 »

Seem to remember a tis entry explaining a two stage level of assistance. The first stage being very gradual to keep the chauferd gent in the back happy. Yet if the driver stamps on the brakes he gets more assistance in an emergency.

I guess Marks post implies your symptoms are entirely normal if that's the case. And I need to fit a servo off a TD to get rid of the shite pedal feel on mine. :)

I guess you would have to fit the vac pump as well, unless the V6 engine vac would do it. I must agree that I prefer the instantaneous feel of the TD pedal, as opposed to the graduated feel of the V6, even supposing that mine is actually normal. :-\ :y

05omegav6

« Reply #46 on: 21 July 2015, 19:13:08 »

Presumably to fit the pump you would need to carefully consider the rest of the manifold driven vac systems  :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22 July 2015, 11:53:56 »

No big difference on the vac setups, there is plenty of vac at idle on the V6 to create an effective pull down.....assuming its running right.....

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 July 2015, 17:34:36 »

I had someone press the brake pedal hard with engine running, and none of the brake hoses have any significant alteration in diameter, (less than 1mm on a vernier caliper), just feeling them it was imperceptible. I find it difficult to believe that this will have much effect in braking efficiency. :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22 July 2015, 19:41:43 »

I had someone press the brake pedal hard with engine running, and none of the brake hoses have any significant alteration in diameter, (less than 1mm on a vernier caliper), just feeling them it was imperceptible. I find it difficult to believe that this will have much effect in braking efficiency. :y
I thought you said that was not the stopping ability that concerned you as much as the pedal feel? :-\

The hoses will extend as well as bulge and the outward appearance won't tell you much about the internal condition of the hoses or what type of reinforcement was used. I have a personal hatred of 'hose clamps' as I cannot believe that they don't damage the make up of the hoses.

Changing the flexible hoses on the motorbikes I owned in the 1980s made a massive difference in feel but that doesn't necessarily translate to a car :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22 July 2015, 22:25:08 »

I thought you said that was not the stopping ability that concerned you as much as the pedal feel? :-\

The hoses will extend as well as bulge and the outward appearance won't tell you much about the internal condition of the hoses or what type of reinforcement was used. I have a personal hatred of 'hose clamps' as I cannot believe that they don't damage the make up of the hoses.

Changing the flexible hoses on the motorbikes I owned in the 1980s made a massive difference in feel but that doesn't necessarily translate to a car :-\

Correct, I can't think why I wrote that. To rephrase, the pedal feels the same, spongy, even though the hoses don't seem to expand much. :y

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 July 2015, 14:34:36 »

I have owned over 20 of these vehicles over the years plus numerous original 1994 - 8 3.0  and the mini facelifts also.

The pedal "travel" varies from car to car as does the pressure req to stop regardless of bleeding etc....the biggest variable is make of front brake pad with the oe jurid "gold dust" pads giving best feel and lowest pressure ,trade club and pagid/ate somewhere in the middle and trade club depending on whether the are made in india or Poland requiring higher pressure.

Second biggest variable is making sure your rear pads are not partially seized in the caliper,this also leads to increased pedal travel....

Would not rec rebuilding your m cy, it will not make a jot of difference, spend 70 pounds on some oe jurid pads from vx.....

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 24 July 2015, 15:00:22 »

I have owned over 20 of these vehicles over the years plus numerous original 1994 - 8 3.0  and the mini facelifts also.

The pedal "travel" varies from car to car as does the pressure req to stop regardless of bleeding etc....the biggest variable is make of front brake pad with the oe jurid "gold dust" pads giving best feel and lowest pressure ,trade club and pagid/ate somewhere in the middle and trade club depending on whether the are made in india or Poland requiring higher pressure.

Second biggest variable is making sure your rear pads are not partially seized in the caliper,this also leads to increased pedal travel....

Would not rec rebuilding your m cy, it will not make a jot of difference, spend 70 pounds on some oe jurid pads from vx.....

Useful info, thanks. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.