Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't be going back to WIM... (tyre advice, chaps?)  (Read 17792 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Won't be going back to WIM... (tyre advice, chaps?)
« Reply #30 on: 04 January 2016, 18:47:28 »

I'd be upset too after travelling 500 miles round trip.

Nice to see others are looking for more local outlets to them, for their geo - after all its not rocket science, and the opimum settings are readily available both on this and other forums.  I got a lot of abuse a while back for "daring" to go to a company thats not part of the WIM "empire", who were considerably cheaper than WIM, and daring to get them to use readily available and well published settings.
. Fixed.

The company you recommend Mr bug were excellent,and I would send others there too  :Y  :y.
Hoof'land storeman.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #31 on: 05 January 2016, 00:35:27 »

I'd be upset too after travelling 500 miles round trip.

Nice to see others are looking for more local outlets to them, for their geo - after all its not rocket science, and the opimum settings are readily available both on this and other forums.  I got a lot of abuse a while back for "daring" to go to a company thats not part of the WIM "empire", who were considerably cheaper than WIM, and daring to get them to use readily available and well published settings.
. Fixed.

The company you recommend Mr bug were excellent,and I would send others there too  :Y  :y.

Thanx for that Trevor - at least the abuser is now banned, although his alta ego still posts on here
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 January 2016, 09:00:06 »

As many know, I never used WIM as there is a good outfit in Loughborough

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 January 2016, 11:01:04 »

I've been to WIM twice (quite a trek for me too!). First time was Tony himself and superb service. Second time was after Tony had to take a back seat and the service was still good, but not the same as before.

TBH, I doubt I would drive there again as I have heard good things about a place in Colchester. But if I could tie it in with visiting friends/family over that way I would possibly still use them. But I must admit that I am now thinking that the OP might have done me a favour.

He must contact them though... If they have fitted a tyre the wrong way around then they need to know.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #34 on: 06 January 2016, 11:02:39 »

[/quote]

Which company?

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 January 2016, 11:08:38 »

It's the guy on the end of the spanners on the day that matters, whatever outfit you use.

Talk to him beforehand about what you want, and if he thinks he knows better, or you think he knows sod all, best to take your custom elsewhere.  ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #36 on: 06 January 2016, 15:21:06 »

Maybe I missed it but .. Mr GK, have you found out whether all the tyres say 'Outside' on the outside, yet?

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 06 January 2016, 15:51:21 »

Maybe I missed it but .. Mr GK, have you found out whether all the tyres say 'Outside' on the outside, yet?
Was wondering that too :-\

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 January 2016, 16:48:03 »

Where in Colchester, please, Lazydocker? I live about 20 miles from that town, so that's quite handy.

Ron.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 January 2016, 16:58:54 »

Work has got in the way, by the time I've been getting home Ive nit had time to get thr torch iut and go in the yard.

Obviousl if I am wrong (it has been known) and they are all as they should be I will hold my hands up and let youse know :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 January 2016, 17:12:13 »

Work has got in the way, by the time I've been getting home Ive nit had time to get thr torch iut and go in the yard.

Obviousl if I am wrong (it has been known) and they are all as they should be I will hold my hands up and let youse know :y
An assymetric tyre incorrectly fitted is a safety hazard. MAKE TIME, there are no excuses.
Grumpy old man

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 January 2016, 17:46:26 »

An assymetric tyre incorrectly fitted is a safety hazard. MAKE TIME, there are no excuses.

Fret ye not, thecars not in daily use. Partly because its not needed and partly as the crank sensor is kaput... :D
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06 January 2016, 18:23:34 »

Slightly off topic, but at the 'shop I find most of the cheap/economy/budget/Chinese tyres have no markings for direction or 'outside' / 'inside'. I always double check by actually checking the tread that its not asymmetrical (just in case I missed the outside mark). those can then be fitted either way (though with these I always put the paint dot so its on the outside and by the valve).

next, theres outside / inside marked tyres. simple enough even for me  ;D

then theres directional tyres with the arrow to dictate the DOR. again simple enough.

Therefore my question is....(get there in the end)...... can you get tyres with outside/inside marks that are also directional? I presume not as theyd then have to dictate which side it was. but im bored enough to ask your thoughts  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06 January 2016, 18:30:54 »

Therefore my question is....(get there in the end)...... can you get tyres with outside/inside marks that are also directional? I presume not as theyd then have to dictate which side it was. but im bored enough to ask your thoughts  ;D
Most definitely yes. Including the OPs GY Eagle F1 A2
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06 January 2016, 18:36:04 »

Most definitely yes. Including the OPs GY Eagle F1 A2

Are you sure Senor TB? Looking on a close up of said tyre I can not see directional arrows, but I can see the outside mark......
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.