Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre -FL 3.0 no start..  (Read 5635 times)

philhoward

• Staffs
  • Love the engines, so put one in something else..
    • View Profile
Re: Pre -FL 3.0 no start..
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2016, 08:19:24 »

Well we have a spark at least..

I did notice the battery (that I had on charge for 2 days seemed to run out of puff quite quickly - wondering if a below par battery would cause issues?   Bit annoyed as its a Bosch silver with a 4 year guarantee that I only bought 2 years ago..
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
  • Croatia, Slavonski Brod
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2016, 09:00:53 »

So, most probably, you don't get fuel in.
Where have you meassured the fuel pressure?

If I was in your position, I would now skip to the brake fluid/starter fluid test (just a small amount, of coursde, to see if it will give a sign of life).
I know most would say it's not a proper way of diagnostic, but it's quite OK and easy for elimination process.

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2016, 09:04:43 »

PS. Just don't spray in the intake (after the aiir-filter) - MAF sensor won't like it, and it has, like, a mile long intake.
Rather take out the IACV, and spray trought the hole in the plenum (partially close the hole with your tumb).

And, yes, you would need somebody do turn the key. Spray in the intake when it starts cranking.

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2016, 09:11:52 »

NOID lights should be here today to check for the injectors firing.

Fuel pressure tested at the Schraeder valve point on the fuel rail.
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 June 2016, 09:14:35 »

I did (as a test) disconnect the MAF (so it might have a go at starting in Limp Home Mode) - got one cough from it but nothing more.

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 June 2016, 09:24:26 »

Can you get a diagnostic tool? Pressuming that you have a OBD socket in your car installed.

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 June 2016, 09:27:21 »

I did buy an "My Naff Code Reader" years ago but doesn't seem to work - fault codes have been extracted by the Paperclip Test  :y

Might have to find someone local with a Tech2...

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 03 June 2016, 12:06:20 »

Have you tried with the Maf unplugged?

Also does it still have the purge valve fitted? t gets really pissed off if the CTS is plugged into the purge valve and vice versa as it puts 12v instead of 5v through it... just a thought if you have unplugged anything recently :-\

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 June 2016, 12:48:17 »

Purge valve?  Didn't come across one when transplanting anyway.  Only item I had to "fool" was the SAI valve system - relay is there so it thinks it's doing something and not flag a fault code (SAI ports blanked off anyway) and the same with the EGR valve - it's fitted an electrically connected but the exhaust "input" is blanked off.  I've fitted C25XE exhaust manifolds so no EGR port fitted to them anyway.  Don't think I've ever disconnected the CTS to be fair.

Didn't get anything apart from a quick "cough" with the MAF disconnected but the battery was flagging at this point (to be fair, the "cough" is more than I've had for a while!).

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 03 June 2016, 14:50:20 »

Purge valve sits on the breather box and connects the breather bridge to the vapour cannister on the right hand a pillar behind the wing :y

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 June 2016, 21:34:20 »

I think I've found a highly probable cause - water in the fuel (enough to turn it to milk).   That'll be what happens to a non-sealed fuel system, 12 months off the road and this new-fangled Ethanol-laden water-absorbing fuel we have nowadays... >:(

Only spotted it when I disconnected the fuel pressure tester and saw a white froth coming out of the Schraeder valve..

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 June 2016, 17:59:13 »

It seems there's water everywhere - not much in the tank now, but certainly plenty in the filter!  Now to flush the fuel lines and fuel rail.

Next question - how do you remove the fuel rail?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 June 2016, 18:04:58 »

It seems there's water everywhere - not much in the tank now, but certainly plenty in the filter!  Now to flush the fuel lines and fuel rail.

Next question - how do you remove the fuel rail?

Why not just unscrew the return line and let the fuel pump prime the system with fresh fuel? You'll need some rags to soak up the mess that's in there.

philhoward

• Staffs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 June 2016, 18:16:36 »

That's where my logic failed me..

I was thinking it would better to flush the lot out by dismantling everything (already removed the top plenum..) being the best way to make sure I get the water out?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 June 2016, 19:07:17 »

That's where my logic failed me..

I was thinking it would better to flush the lot out by dismantling everything (already removed the top plenum..) being the best way to make sure I get the water out?

The fuel rail doesn't hold that much, and the pump will be forcing it out at over 40psi. Once you get a constant flow of clean fuel you can call it done. That will take seconds. The first few squirts will then clear the injectors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.