Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: What are the differences between the Omega B1 and B2? Are they only cosmetic?  (Read 32882 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

He was referring to the seats ::)

Ok. He might have been. But when you read: "The different front styles of the car is a bit of a give away between all three stages." you can't say it's obvious he is talking about the seats. It reads more like he was talking about the front style. As in the front end style. Otherwise why not write seat style?

So he might have meant seats, but it's definitely not clear enough, specially to warrant an eyeroll.
I gave you the Dates of Manufacture between what we would call PFL, MFL, and FL.

You claimed That didn't help you, because of the cross over period in 97/98 between PFL and MFL.

The easist way from the outside between PFL and MFL (and the FL) is to look at the front of the car, and spot the changes in design between all three.

The Head Rest response, these are the things that sit on the top of the seats, give a clear indication between PFL and MFL.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

I'll wager that when you find it, it will be Star Silver...

Yea but, hang on, would that be Star Silver 1, II, III, z147 or z157...    :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Depends on the model year... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

And how would I be able to tell that then.  :)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

He quoted your post, which was about the seats... ::)

He actually did not. :)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Ok. He might have been. But when you read: "The different front styles of the car is a bit of a give away between all three stages." you can't say it's obvious he is talking about the seats. It reads more like he was talking about the front style. As in the front end style. Otherwise why not write seat style?

So he might have meant seats, but it's definitely not clear enough, specially to warrant an eyeroll.
I gave you the Dates of Manufacture between what we would call PFL, MFL, and FL.

You claimed That didn't help you, because of the cross over period in 97/98 between PFL and MFL.

The easist way from the outside between PFL and MFL (and the FL) is to look at the front of the car, and spot the changes in design between all three.

The Head Rest response, these are the things that sit on the top of the seats, give a clear indication between PFL and MFL.

Your second sentence still reads as if you are talking about differences in the actual front end of the three stages. If you are, I would like to ask what are the differences.

I know what headrests are.  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

Did they do them in silver? Black were the fastest  ::)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Your second sentence still reads as if you are talking about differences in the actual front end of the three stages. If you are, I would like to ask what are the differences.

Yes, which part of 'the front of the car' doesn't make sense.

Ok, a bit harsh maybe, I take it you dont need to know what a facelift looks like, so there are differences between the PFL and MFL in particular where the front grill meet the bumper.

Along with all the other differences that have been expalined in this thread by other members.

Hope that helps.  :y and with that, thats me done now.  :)
« Last Edit: 06 November 2016, 21:33:46 by zirk »

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

What are the differences in the front end of the cars between PFL and MFL?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Read the post above, I edited it, Im off now.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Ok, a bit harsh maybe, I take it you dont need to know what a facelift looks like, so there are differences between the PFL and MFL in particular where the front grill meet the bumper.

Along with all the other differences that have been expalined in this thread by other members.

Hope that helps.  :y and with that, thats me done now.  :)

The difference must be very subtle. Apart from the different coloring of the bottom I don't see any differences. Specially not where the front grill meets the bumper.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Yes, its subtle, hence why I posted an easy to tell PFL/MFL Head Rest post.

What' does the picture tell you looking at the Head Rests.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile

Sure. The head rest deal I understood long ago. Hence why I was able to find the different pictures online. I wanted to understand the differences in the front design, which I still can't see any apart from the bottom chin color. Just trying to educate myself about the cars. That's all. ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

, which I still can't see any apart from the bottom chin color.  ....

The coloured trim was fitted to the Elites (and presumably Opels equivalent)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Did they do them in silver? Black were the fastest  ::)
Black ones where only ever made for MV6, they had a longer boot line and hence fitted with the Irmscher spoiler rather than the Prodrive,  On rhe FL the Black MV6Se only came with the dual exit Exhaust on the Saloons and and a choice of double or twin exit on the Estates, up to 2002, post 2003 they were discontinued but became an parts otion pack on the very late Elites.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.